How long till it changes?

So now that the state of Hawaii, and Belgium have declared loot boxes gambling, how long until SWGoH has to actually start labelling precisely what they are selling?

I cannot spend my money any longer on 7-330 roulette drops knowing that statistically it will be 7, over 90% of the time.

All we want is to know exactly what we are buying, not what we have a chance of buying.

This makes the gaming world a better place, but more importantly, a safer place.

Replies

• Loot boxes have a chance of not giving a reward (gambling). Here you know exactly what you are getting. You get minimum reward with a slim chance at a high end reward.

Watch CBS news tech report on the response from the shareholders “who are “gamers”, too”.
  • I'm watching Belgium and Hawaii too.
  • By the way, check the definition of gamble, you'll find it related to chance of success, not monetary reward nor gain nothing. It's a matter of how successful you can be, and knowing that statistically you will not get what you want, 330 shards, it could be deemed failure to succeed, therefore a gamble.
  • It probably won't be long as the dominoes are beginning to fall.

Australia have just said it's gambling as well.

It will still likely be months but as it is gambling involving children I'm expecting an accelerated response.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I would agree this is gambling, how ever that is the point of this. You gamble on whether you will get a low amount of shards or high. However, SWGoH almost certainly has it rigged so you basically never get a high amount which is an issue. They should actually give you the odds for how many potential shards you could get, although they would most likely be misrepresented too.
  • I have tracked my shard gains since february and there is NO rigging of any kind that I have detected. I'm very critical of this company on many occasions, but they are not cheating you out of shards.
  • Syrup_Chugger3
    2170 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Vohbo wrote: »
    I have tracked my shard gains since february and there is NO rigging of any kind that I have detected. I'm very critical of this company on many occasions, but they are not cheating you out of shards.

No rigging Of any kind? Can you elaborate?
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It probably won't be long as the dominoes are beginning to fall.

Australia have just said it's gambling as well.

It will still likely be months but as it is gambling involving children I'm expecting an accelerated response.

If I look in the store it says for money items "guaranteed drops". For ones bought with crystals it is "potential". Now clearly you can buy crystals with cash but you can also obtain them FTP. The only thing where you have to lay out money they term as "guaranteed" so no gamble. I have never bought one so don't know if there are possible gains above that but anyway, there may be a reason they have termed things like this. If you want to say stuff where FTP items are gambled well, the whole game is a gamble since it is based on RNG.

I am not saying I like this sort of thing, especially not is stuff like BFII where you paid up front but I would think there is a reason for the above and they are probably in the clear.
    Post edited by thomssi on
  • Vohbo wrote: »
    I have tracked my shard gains since february and there is NO rigging of any kind that I have detected. I'm very critical of this company on many occasions, but they are not cheating you out of shards.

mind to post the %? when you say they are not cheating people out of shards what do you mean? is the chance to get 5 shards the same of 330? or you mean the expected value, this is, chance to get 5 shards (%) * 5 shards = chance to get 330 shards (%) * 330 shards?
  • It also comes down to acceptable odds: as it stands, without the support required to make changes for the consumer, they will continue to be evasive or reluctant to disclose actual percentages.

I have paid a few times for the 7-330 drop pack: the best I got was 7. Not only do we have consumers here stressing that point, but also YouTubers who spend large amounts of cash blatantly warning us not to buy these packs knowing, and showing on video that even with large investment, statistically you will get on average 10 shards for over a thousand crystals.

This is a gamble that you will not 'win'. The odds are most definitely against you, almost all the time.

BF2 was changed because enough people voiced concern. A change for the better of the consumer was made. Why not GoH?
  • Kameleonic wrote: »
    It also comes down to acceptable odds: as it stands, without the support required to make changes for the consumer, they will continue to be evasive or reluctant to disclose actual percentages.

I have paid a few times for the 7-330 drop pack: the best I got was 7. Not only do we have consumers here stressing that point, but also YouTubers who spend large amounts of cash blatantly warning us not to buy these packs knowing, and showing on video that even with large investment, statistically you will get on average 10 shards for over a thousand crystals.

This is a gamble that you will not 'win'. The odds are most definitely against you, almost all the time.

BF2 was changed because enough people voiced concern. A change for the better of the consumer was made. Why not GoH?

Because BF2 wasn’t free. That is a huge difference here.
  • Crystals may he free, but in order to save that many, 1,200, you would have to sacrifice getting anything else. How many players here spend no crystals, saving so many? Highly doubt it when there simply too many more important and useful things to spend crystals on. I believe those who spend so many on such a high risk of failure (7 out of 330) are buying the crystals with real money, as I did.

The irony is knowing how this game could make so much more money if only they would either decrease costs, or increase quantity of what you buy. Currently it is absolutely, without a doubt, far too expensive for such low value product. Even if I had to pay €30 for a full 7* character, it would still be a complete waste of money: you are buying a tiny little character in a silly little game with zero real world value. Yet it costs far more than €30 for one of so many characters that they just keep multiplying.