GW imbalance---come on devs, math....

Author
24 posts Member
edited November 2017
The effect of a Zeta when you're comparing 85s to 85s, in same or similar gear levels, 1 level gap for instance, might be close to a linear relationship--close, but isn't. Then again, team synergies also introduce exponential behaviors.

BUT, for leveling players, at levels 80-85, to face full G12 teams, G12 teams with Zetas, with good synergistic comps, no matter what your wrongly implemented algorithms come up with, it's incorrect because the collective dev team grasp of math is approaching zero.

Your entire algorithm depends on linear relationships, for instance, x times 1.12, or 1.25, or whatever the GP to GP relationship is supposed to be. It's a completely fallacious setup.

There must be someone on the entire dev. team that understands math. Linear relationships like this do NOT work for GW matching. A Zeta does not have some simple value, it has a multiplicative or exponential effect. Did someone just arbitrarily come up with values and stick them in a table?

As is typical with games that have been out for a long time, no remapping of the leveling experience is ever commissioned again. It's increasingly obvious the "team" is just grabbing as much money as possible at this point. New releases with 2 days notice, no chance to prepare for anything. Do you guys even have a QA team? TB not even on the calendar, but then put into the guild events tab, then two days before it goes off--"surprise, we literally lied to all our players for several days who were gearing/leveling up their Light Sides toons for another TB, now take that as a sunk cost, and start on DS toons." The way you roll things out is so arrogant and greedy it's Trumpian. Congrats.

Having just leveled up very aggressively, I can tell you, I would NEVER do it again. NEVER suggest it to anyone. And honestly, it's a punitive experience someone more ambitious and bored than I am should look into a class action suit. It defies the concept of game.