Wampa or Hermit Yoda?

samjp
52 posts Member
edited November 2017
Which of these characters do you think should be focused on in the Guild Store between these two? I know a lot of people will say focus on gear but if it was between Wampa (based on the kit reveal) and Hermit Yoda, who do you think would be better? Yoda seems like he has more synergy but Wampa looks like he'll be extremely difficult to defeat especially with +150% protection up.

Thoughts?

Replies

• I would say Hermit Yoda for the next Luke Event but the Wampa might be needed for that too LOL
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I want Wampa so bad as I hate jedi, but I would bet any amount of money that Hermit Yoda will be necessary for part of luke’s Journey.
  • Wampa
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Hermit Yoda AI is worthless, if you zeta his heal he generally doesn't use it and just spams his basic so you won't want him for arena. Maybe he'll be good for raids and TB but meh...its so much G12 gear missed when there are plenty of other good characters for raids/TB. If they'd let me trade back my Hermit Yoda shards for Wampa shards or gear I'd do either in a heartbeat.

Only reason I could see unlocking HY is if you think he might be needed for an eventual Jedi Luke event.
  • Yoda is great when paired with a AA lead.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Whomever you're more interested in.
    Good point on Wampa might be needed for Jedi Luke. Might actually start getting the both of them.
  • I just really want Yoda is all. Folks are getting way ahead of themselves with Luke talk. But daaaang do I want Yoda anyway!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Wampa in my opinion. Newer is almost always better in this game it seems, and his kit looks very good to me, 2 of his attacks cannot be evaded/resisted

But I don't want another character to gear so I'm not going for either for now.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Echo_Base
    185 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Hobo first, but I'd save the credits if gear isn't your thing. Hobo will probably be needed for Luke's next journey, but that'll be on the other side of the TLJ hype train. If you want to spend, do it for g12 on your arena team.
  • Wampa looks intriguing. I'm very curious to see just how many DoTs are needed for him to one shot squishier toons, or even not so squishy toons. Will Zader return to prevalence? How much damage does he do after force crush? After Sid and Vader use their AoE? How much havoc could he wreak if a mass dispeller like B2 were to allow him to attack squishier toons at will?
  • Wampa looks intriguing. I'm very curious to see just how many DoTs are needed for him to one shot squishier toons, or even not so squishy toons. Will Zader return to prevalence? How much damage does he do after force crush? After Sid and Vader use their AoE? How much havoc could he wreak if a mass dispeller like B2 were to allow him to attack squishier toons at will?

R2, B2, and Wampa could be a heck of a combo. Maybe add tenacity up in there somewhere? Give Wampa a virtual taunt, clear stealth from opponents, and led him mash people. Bye bye rebels.
  • Going to have to say both - HYoda is proven to be strong in arena and PVE already...Wampa has a great kit though. Some wicked stuff will be created out of Wampa. Maybe start Yoda first and then get on Wampa.
  • Yoda is useless on defense and wampa is only really strong with the right team or against rebels so really its up to you but note that yoda ai will likely be fixed before the new year and it will take 4-6 tb to unlock one and 10-14 to max star one, that is to say 1-2 months to unlock and 3-5 months to 7* so gear might not be a bad choice too
  • Hermit Yoda - I took note of the ai issues and haven't bothered to zeta his special. I've never even needed it on offence.

However, even with yoda at 5* gear 11, my new arena team drops fewer places than my all gear 12 Cls team ever did
  • Hermit Yoda will probably be more generally relevant. Wampa's anti-Rebel bonuses probably limit his all-around usefulness. But ultimately I would suggest going with the one you think will be the most fun to play.
  • I want Wampa because he looks like a hilarious good time, and Yoda is just a bit boring. Plus, Wampa could take Rex's place on my Rancor team and do mad DEEPS!
  • For now I'll stockpile enough tokens to buy one and decide when needed
  • Calis wrote: »
    Hermit Yoda - I took note of the ai issues and haven't bothered to zeta his special. I've never even needed it on offence.

However, even with yoda at 5* gear 11, my new arena team drops fewer places than my all gear 12 Cls team ever did

It's because the AI issue people state with Yoda is way overblown. He's still a strong D slot as is no zeta or with the AI using his basic primarily. GK + Yoda + Barriss holds well on D and much > CLS. His AI would grade as a B or B+ currently and with using the SFFF primarily maybe that'd bump it to an A-. What I'd really prefer he do better is how MTraining is assigned and who it is assigned to. You want to improve his AI to an A+ that's what they'd need to tweak.
  • Wampa, because Chaze.