Arena and GW shipment strategy after Sid and Lumi

surfeur14
41 posts Member
edited February 2016
Good morning everyone,

Like most ftp players I have finished farming Lumi and Sid from GW and Arena shipment and I am wondering who to farm next, knowing that:
  • I don't have any viable droid yet
  • I am potentially looking to replace Dooku on my Arena squad (his stun doesn't work that much on high rank battles + too squishy)
  • I might need a tank at some point for the Mace Windu tank challenge
  • I don't have 5 5* jedis for Yoda challenge
  • People say Phasma call an ally ability doesn't work anymore in Arena battles

GW shipment:
  1. Phasma (great for my DS missions as I have a 4* Kylo Ren, not sure she will be interesting in Arena without any other First Order toons)
  2. IG86 (I don't have Poe nor other droid, but he can potentially takes Dooku's place in my Arena squad if he his viable without any other droid)
  3. Poggle (except for his buff I don't find him that usefull without other droids)
  4. Keep my "tokens" and wait for CG/EA to add a new toons within GW shipment (any possibility someone will be added soon ???)

Arena Shipment:
  1. Han, as I don't have really good tank, and I am struggling for the level3 Mace Windu's challenge: only 5's (3*), Chewie (4*), Royal Guard (2*), Teebo (2*), not geared properly (around level5) and all around level 50
  2. Eeth Koth, as I only have 4 viable Jedi's for Yoda's event so far (Lumi 7* gear7, QGJ 5* gear7, JC 4* gear7, Anakin 4* gear2)
  3. IG88 or HK47 to build a droid team (a bit long and I don't have Poe yet)
  4. Keep my "tokens" and wait for CG/EA to add a new toons within Arena shipment (any possibility someone will be added soon ???)

Actual teams:

Arena:
  • Sid 7* gear 7 (L)
  • Luminara 7* gear 7
  • GS 5* gear 8.5 (I looooove him)
  • QGJ 5* gear 7
  • Dooku 4* gear 7 (I would like to get rid of him as his stun doesn't land so much in high rank Arena game + too squishy)

LS:
  • Luminara 7* gear 7 (L)
  • QGJ 5* gear 7
  • JC 4* gear 7
  • Luke 4* gear 5
  • Anakin 4* / 5's 3*

DS:
  • Phasma 4* gear 6 (L)
  • GS 5* gear 8
  • Kylo Ren 4* gear 6
  • Sid 7* gear 7
  • Vador 4* gear 6 (not farmable) / Dooku 4* gear 7 (too squishy)

Other questions:
  1. Is IG86 viable without other droid in Arena battles?
  2. Is Phasma interesting without other First Order toons in Arena?

Thanks and sorry for the long reading ;)

Replies

• Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    My ig 86 is almost 7* and will be replacing my 5* Dooku (until I get him to 7* after I finish GS). I also use poggle 7* and he's great too. It's up to you, but in GW I wouldn't go phasma unless you're planning a full FO team. Take your pick between 86 and poggle, or you could go poggle to 4*, then 86 to 7*, and then finish off poggle, in order to get most damage in your team as early as possible. There's no point storing them as you can no longer refresh the shipments easily and you gain about as many as you can spend in a day. From an arena perspective, your best bet is probably to store the tokens as you can spend more in a day than you make no matter what rank you are. The rewards for the tanks challenge aren't great anyway so maybe pass on Han if you are going to spend them. Eeth Koth isn't a bad option, especially if you want yoda, and unless you are going to go droids, he may be the next best option behind storing tokens (also droids are too slow and will get picked off before Poe taunts by faster characters).
    Post edited by Dooku_for_days on
  • Thanks Dooku_for_days,

I didn't realise it cost 50 shards now to refresh GW shipment, I thought it was still 10GW tokens :(
    I think I will continue Phasma up to 5* for my DS missions (as I have Kylo Ren 4* and I only need 20shards) and then will start Poggle up to 4* for his buff before doing IG86 all the way.

For Arena I receive 800 tokens a day (100 from the daily tasks and 700 at least from the rank as I am around 100/200 on my server), so I won't store all of them.
    I will go for Eeth Koth for Yoda Challenge (I will still have to upgrade Annakin to 5* ... :( )