Rate of releases

Prev1
xceejayx
36 posts Member
edited November 2017
You are not being cool with us...at all! We aren't dumb. We are close to 99% sure that the 2 vets will be needed for Rey's Journey event. Which i think from what I've seen, the whole community is mad!!. I thank you for all the little gifts for the 2 year anniversary, yeah yeah...but if this was a cheap attempt to silence us to not complain....it's horrible. Let me guess...We'll need BB-8 as well???? This is ridiculous. And we know you. You'll tell us 2 maybe even 1 week before the event. Go on facebook and read all posts on the group. (48k members). You'll see by yourself I'm not being crazy. It feels like a discrete money grabber. I hope you get your stuff right! You are doing well so far with new patch and all...PLEASE keep it that way. Because to a point (with your 60ish legendary events) we can't keep up....we just can't! And those who do...spent a LOTTTTT to get it in time. I dont mind spending at all for the game....but don't twist my arm. You know what I mean......

EDIT: I know they are both in cantina...you couldn't have split them to two different places?? Of coarse not....
Post edited by Ambassador on

Replies

• Options
    Everytime the same dump complaining about things, that we can't change.....
    Go and cry in a corner for yourself...
    If you aren't able to farm tactically, play pinball....
  • Options
    that we can't change? The GOH devs are probably the ones that listen the most to the community...why would I not adress the issue..that clearly an enormous majority are worried about??? I could be your father, so please show a bit of respect. Thank you.
  • Options
    I'm gutted about the vets being needed. I'm F2p and with alot of work I fluked and CLS the first time round. Was trying to do the same again but I doubt I'll make it. And I probably shouldnt ill get her again the next time she's up like I did with yoda palp r2 trawn and soon bb8.It's annoying but that's life.
  • Options
    I will laugh when they announce the requirements and the Vets aren't needed.

All that panic farming and they can still tell us: "We never told you they were requirements."

Imagine the outrage.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

All that panic farming and they can still tell us: "We never told you they were requirements."

Imagine the outrage.

it's a real possibility. I'm still gambling on vets though. Missing out because i didn't farm the vets is way worse than having them farmed up for nothing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Imagine the outrage.

it's a real possibility. I'm still gambling on vets though. Missing out because i didn't farm the vets is way worse than having them farmed up for nothing.

I don't spend anymore, so I know I can't get them up in time for the event. I've accepted that I will probably get her next time around. Kitten as that may be, I did get CLS the first time and I have all the legendary toons at 7 stars except for BB8. I will farm the vets at my normal pace and take the L hoping that Rey won't be good enough to replace CLS in the meta. Otherwise I need to find her counter meta pretty quick.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Imagine the outrage.

I don't spend anymore, so I know I can't get them up in time for the event. I've accepted that I will probably get her next time around. **** as that may be, I did get CLS the first time and I have all the legendary toons at 7 stars except for BB8. I will farm the vets at my normal pace and take the L hoping that Rey won't be good enough to replace CLS in the meta. Otherwise I need to find her counter meta pretty quick.

i'm stricktly f2p. Not sure when the event will go live, i just try to be as ready as i can be. It's a calculated risk. Maybe it will turn into a monumental waste of hoarded resources, but i regret not fully going for bb8 quite a bit so i don't want to be in that position again. Especially because journey rey will probably a whole lot more usefull than bb8.
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Imagine the outrage.

I don't spend anymore, so I know I can't get them up in time for the event. I've accepted that I will probably get her next time around. **** as that may be, I did get CLS the first time and I have all the legendary toons at 7 stars except for BB8. I will farm the vets at my normal pace and take the L hoping that Rey won't be good enough to replace CLS in the meta. Otherwise I need to find her counter meta pretty quick.

i'm stricktly f2p. Not sure when the event will go live, i just try to be as ready as i can be. It's a calculated risk. Maybe it will turn into a monumental waste of hoarded resources, but i regret not fully going for bb8 quite a bit so i don't want to be in that position again. Especially because journey rey will probably a whole lot more usefull than bb8.

I knew FOST would not be ready in time so I took an L on that one too. Kittened since I do run Resistance with Finn zeta but I expect his event to return before/during Rey's.
  • Options
    I think everyone forgets.. THIS IS A GAME. And CG IS A COMPANY. If you don’t feel like it’s worth it to spend money on this game then that’s fine. But this is their way to make money so the people that are fine with sending can spend. Everyone feels entitled to the latest and greatest thing in the game for no real reason. You’re either prepared or you’re not. There’s no use complaining about it. Her event will return and you can get her then if not this time.
  • Options
    Once again you're not always meant to get all the characters day one of their implementation.
  • Options
    xceejayx wrote: »

EDIT: I know they are both in cantina...you couldn't have split them to two different places?? Of coarse not....

:(

• Options

Imagine the outrage.

Work on that counter meta now. If she is any help to Zinn and poe, resistantance will replace cls.
    I'm beating cls daily now without her.
    Resistance is very strong on offence if Rey can provide a little defense, Zinn will take OVER
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Imagine the outrage.

I knew FOST would not be ready in time so I took an L on that one too. **** since I do run Resistance with Finn zeta but I expect his event to return before/during Rey's.

If it doesn't i'm fooked either way since journey rey will most likely require bb8 haha
  • Options
    If you farm Veterans now you give in to utterly reprehensible tactics, so I don't understand why you would do it. If you give in now, the next scheme will be even more evil.
  • Options
    Why does it seem everyone wants every new character the moment they drop? I didn't get palp or GM yoda or thrawn or R2 or bb8 or CLS the first time the events came around for me. Just wait for the second time the event comes around. And please don't tell me you didn't see them being a requirement? The moment they dropped i assumed they would be needed. You could have saved crystals to buy their shards from shipments to help unlock them and that would make farming them easier now.
  • Options
    Can you imagine if the devs were like: Guys you only need Finn, Poe, BB8 and Rey for the event.
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Can you imagine if the devs were like: Guys you only need Finn, Poe, BB8 and Rey for the event.

I would literally LOL
  • Options
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »
    Why does it seem everyone wants every new character the moment they drop? I didn't get palp or GM yoda or thrawn or R2 or bb8 or CLS the first time the events came around for me. Just wait for the second time the event comes around. And please don't tell me you didn't see them being a requirement? The moment they dropped i assumed they would be needed. You could have saved crystals to buy their shards from shipments to help unlock them and that would make farming them easier now.

100%.

It's not like people won't get her in the pretty near future regardless (events tend to repeat in 4 or less months) for free even if they miss on the first time around. The reaction is like there's some ultimatum that will result in one's account being erased if they miss Rey on the first try. I don't get it.

I've also seen other games put players in way worse situations...at least they are farmable at all via free means. If they really wanted to hose the players they could have left the vets locked behind chromiums!
  • Options
    Why does it seem everyone wants every new character the moment they drop?

This.

It seems that most of F2P think that EA owed something to them...

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    These characters (vets,resistance, NS,bounty hunters etc) are not food, characters don’t spoil.
    Investing in ANY faction is not a waste of time. Eventually that faction will be needed somewhere and that’s when you will be at the top of yer game. The Devs have and will created content for all factions.
    You need to have a deep roster so don’t panic for the latest and greatest if you haven’t even worked on what you already have.
    How are yer imperial troopers and bounty hunters looking. I bet pretty shabby.
    Just a thought.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    These characters (vets,resistance, NS,bounty hunters etc) are not food, characters don’t spoil.
    Investing in ANY faction is not a waste of time. Eventually that faction will be needed somewhere and that’s when you will be at the top of yer game. The Devs have and will created content for all factions.
    You need to have a deep roster so don’t panic for the latest and greatest if you haven’t even worked on what you already have.
    Just a thought.

Not sure what you're trying to say here.
    Panic farming is a very viable strategy. A panic farmed cmdr luke is a whole lot better than a deep(er) roster without cmdr luke.
    Also, characters do spoil to a certain extent.
  • Options
    EA really just needs to gift everyone new Rey
  • Options
    xceejayx wrote: »
    It feels like a discrete money grabber.

Nothing discrete about it, it's a business. You do understand that right? A mechanism desgined to transfer your money to them. To do that they offer you the product- which is the game. In return they get your money.

But there is good news- if you don't want to be involved then just walk away. Easy.

• Options

Imagine the outrage.

This message sums it up perfectly. Just announced the full requirements or state that literally the only thing you need is Scavenger Rey. Put it to bed. Don't string everyone along believing they will need to get the vets if they don't need them. Also tell us if bb8 is coming back and when so we know.

I've seen other gaming communities band together and boycout games to the point where the developer apologizes and makes things right. They've had to do it here already on occasion. Don't make the same mistake with Rey.

• Options

I don't want every character as soon as they drop. I knew a new rey (my new favorite sw character) would be coming soon. I started farming my resistance and first order back in april in anticipation. If 7 star vets are required, I am screwed. I will not be happy because I had the foresight to plan accordingly, then will probably get slapped in the face. I am a student, I don't have hundreds to blow frivolously. that's my certain point of view.
  • Options
    Moved to Feedback/General.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Just a thought.

Panic farming is a very viable strategy. A panic farmed cmdr luke is a whole lot better than a deep(er) roster without cmdr luke.
    I don t understand what you are trying to say. If you got a deep roster then wouldn’t you be able to get Luke and anyone or thing that’s next (wampa). Panic farming is the worst way to go after a toon. These characters come back and back and back agin till you unlock em.
    Look at the people who focused on NS. They are happy now I’m sure.
    People who loved bounty hunters and stuck by them for example,when they unlock wampa they will be laughing at Luke teams.
    How’s yer dark side teams looking? Oh oh, Luke’s not going to help you now is he lol.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Just a thought.

I don t understand what you are trying to say. If you got a deep roster then wouldn’t you be able to get Luke and anyone or thing that’s next (wampa). Panic farming is the worst way to go after a toon. These characters come back and back and back agin till you unlock em.
    Look at the people who focused on NS. They are happy now I’m sure.
    People who loved bounty hunters and stuck by them for example,when they unlock wampa they will be laughing at Luke teams.
    How’s yer dark side teams looking? Oh oh, Luke’s not going to help you now is he lol.

I disagree that panic farming is the worst way to go after a toon. Sometimes it's just plain better to panic farm a needed toon than just to continue with whatever you're farming at that moment. Even players who've been playing a while don't have all the characters for every possible event ea/cg throws at us. So just having a deep roster (wich mainly comes down to how long you've been playing and/or how much money you've spend) doesn't mean you won't have to panic farm at all.
    Funny thing about wampa laughing at luke teams, the players who've got luke will get wampa faster than the players without luke ;) (i know i know, it largely depends on the guild they're in, not on whether they personally do have or don't have luke)
    I'm reasonably sure i can get my BH squad up to par before the majority of the players even unlock wampa. so once that team starts stomping luke teams, i can have that same team myself. I really don't care that i didn't have that specific team (without wampa ofc) when they were useless. Same goes for NS.
    And who are those others who did have NS and BH teams already going to farm/gear now? Those LS toons i've been using all this time? Seems like wasted potential to me. Having BH/NS teams before they're usefull and having LS teams after they were usefull.
    My DS teams are worse than my LS teams. Those LS teams have served me well though, so no regrets there. I did however have the foresight to farm and gear imp troopers. being prepared is always better than having to panic farm, but panic farming can be better than not getting a specific character at all. Like i said earlier, can't be prepared for everything, definately not when the required toons are released only a few weeks before they're needed like with thrawn, or simply because you haven't been playing long.
    Don't get em wrong, it's fine if you don't like to panic farm. Every player should do whatever they want, it's still only a game. But if you happen to like a good panic farm like i do, it sure has it's advantages. It's kinda similar to meta-laming, you don't have to if you don't want to, but it sure does have it's advantages.
  • Options
    I'm freaking out because I missed out on CLS, and look how much that changed the game. This is not like palp, or BB8. And if you are like me and alot of people imagine having neither the new Rey or cls. Game over.