GW a joke now

Replies

• xENDx wrote: »
    Those who just press auto button don't actually like the strategy game. For those who can't finish, you just need too level up. But the better way for make everyone happy is the easy and the hard level. The game is becoming boring without Real GW
    Lol
  • The difficulty selection is a great idea. Other games do this,like galaxy on fire 3:manticore. Less rewards on easy,regular rewards on medium,and the most on hard. I’d love this..
  • I see no difference in difficulty.
  • @mrjazz guess you just pick and chose which posts to read. As you can see I already stated I didn't use CLS or Resistance in fact I used a low gear no mod Phoenix squad (Sabine 6* g7) and still auto'd. I guess I was fortunate I didn't have waves CLS/GK g12 squads every day I would get Imps, Sith, variations of Rebel squads so I quite enjoyed it as it was always something that needed a little thinking instead of this mind numbing press a button and walk away GW we have now. But thanks for your feedback it was insightful!
  • @dogwelder79 depends on your top 5 toons you actually may not have seen a difference.
  • GW is WAI
  • "It was easy enough before!" Good for you. Some of us went months without beating it because we ran into the same old meta squad after meta squad. It needed to be tweaked. Maybe not to this extent but yeah it needed to be fixed. Most of the time I just went in to do my daily and left after that
  • I currently have a Phoenix team G8, Level 85 battling against Chaze in GW. They took out the other three chracters (Jyn Erso, K-2SO, Cassian Andor). Been battling now for about an hour, so I have had to leave it on auto. Even when Baze is nearly dead, he somehow recovers. Is it normal for a Chaze battle to go on forever?
  • xENDx wrote: »
    Those who just press auto button don't actually like the strategy game. For those who can't finish, you just need too level up. But the better way for make everyone happy is the easy and the hard level. The game is becoming boring without Real GW

So true.
  • "It was easy enough before!" Good for you. Some of us went months without beating it because we ran into the same old meta squad after meta squad. It needed to be tweaked. Maybe not to this extent but yeah it needed to be fixed. Most of the time I just went in to do my daily and left after that
    mjaycocks wrote: »
    I currently have a Phoenix team G8, Level 85 battling against Chaze in GW. They took out the other three chracters (Jyn Erso, K-2SO, Cassian Andor). Been battling now for about an hour, so I have had to leave it on auto. Even when Baze is nearly dead, he somehow recovers. Is it normal for a Chaze battle to go on forever?

Yes, yes it is. Healing immunity helps
  • They should just remove GW from the endgame. We have arena, fleet arena, two raids, two territory battles and territory wars as endgame content right now. There is absolutely no need to make us sim and auto through startgame or midgame content, wasting our time.
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • @dogwelder79 depends on your top 5 toons you actually may not have seen a difference.
    Wait wait, they made it easier only for whales? People with full golden zeta teams don't need it easier, they need a challenge. Those who need it easier are those of us who struggle against CLS, chaze/wiggs and such teams.
  • @dogwelder79 Ya GW is now capped at an avg. new lvl 85 squad strength (Top 5) so any Elder or Whale (I barely spend a cent on the game but have played since day 1) are stuck against mainly g9/10 squads through out GW now. It sucks and is boring was one of my favourite parts of the game.
  • Before, I was afraid of levelling and gearing my top 5 toons too much. If I do it after the update, will I find the same difficulty I'm finding at the moment (I'm level 85) or will it scale?
  • Well something is seriously broken, I went from spanking G12 meta teams using Resistance to auto with Phoenix squad and not caring at all. Sure the devs had to do something for those that find GW too hard but this is a bit too much. Maybe they could add a bonus level where you fight the strongest team on your server?
  • @dogwelder79 Either the same or possibly even easier my 11th node today was all g8/9 toons 2 of them lvl 78 used to be mainly g12 toons before
  • jpierrard17
    172 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @Globuhl The difficulty was the great part taught you to learn how to use your squads properly and agree this is broken and no challenge. I did the same today auto'd with FO who are g7/8 and not all lvl 85. They should have fixed the variety of squads you faced one of my guild mates had the same squad/player in his round 12 for 8 days straight which was messed up. Had they just ensured it wasn't just CLS/GK led squads then would have been perfect. I was lucky I guess I would get Clones, FO, Imps and Sith as well as CLS/GK so never found it boring.
  • Either add a hard mode or add a “Sim all nodes” button. It’s so easy now that it’s a nuisance to go through autoing 12 battles. I enjoyed the challenge before but I understand it was too difficult for some. There needs to be a middle ground though.
  • @volitan Agree totally! Don't think the difficulty needed to be fixed as much as not having to face waves after waves of the same top meta team. Had there been Sith, FO, Phoenix etc then most would have been more successful and still a challenge
  • All we can do now is just be patient and deal with what they gave us.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    "It was easy enough before!" Good for you. Some of us went months without beating it because we ran into the same old meta squad after meta squad. It needed to be tweaked. Maybe not to this extent but yeah it needed to be fixed. Most of the time I just went in to do my daily and left after that

This ^
  • @jpierrard17 : I totally agree with you.

I also used GW to test potential teams and combinations against top teams. I could do test runs, see how my teams behaved on auto, who they chose their special abilties on and whether they were effective, what order to best tackle meta teams etc The start-of-level-85-teams I now face don't come even close to give me much insight into how my team would do in the arena or against a challenging foe.

While I agree with those that complained that it was boring facing always the same two teams that was more the fault of a boring meta than of GW.

Maybe they had to fix the difficulty but now they have certainly overdone it the other way round. I would have prefered it if they had simply cut the number of nodes in half to reduce the grind and had kept one fairly challenging one at the end.

Now it is just a boring chore that my phoenix team can do on auto all the time. :(
  • I beat GW yesterday with only 3 characters. I've seen videos of people doing it with only one. It's literally impossible to loose now.
  • I've played this game since release. With over 8k in gw nodes completed despite having broken nodes, nightmare nodes, golden god meta teams and the change after change to galactic war I prefer the way it is how. Now I can actually play teams I have never ever used before and enjoy the experience without having to spend all my resources maxing their gear on toons that might not be worth it other wise. Plus...the time it took was becoming too tedious. Some days it took 30 minutes...but most of the time it took close to an hour. (And that's with using resistance too).

Ea/CG can't make everyone happy....but for me...this is a start:)
  • @dogwelder79 Ya GW is now capped at an avg. new lvl 85 squad strength (Top 5) so any Elder or Whale (I barely spend a cent on the game but have played since day 1) are stuck against mainly g9/10 squads through out GW now. It sucks and is boring was one of my favourite parts of the game.

Same with me.

I feel like playing it is not worth my time anymore.

Same with me.

I feel like playing it is not worth my time anymore.

It’s not boring. It’s fun

If you find "so easy it's literally impossible to loose" fun. I don't. I call that a chore.
  • I totally understand they needed to change the variety of teams instead of just waves of CLS that some always got but this is just embarrassing my 7* g8 phoenix (Sabine 6*) auto all of GW now you can't get any lower than that. Almost no gear 11s mostly 9/10 at best is not fun! I had a node 9 that had 2 toons with g6, what teams am I supposed to try out? Please give 2 levels then and I don't care if the rewards are the exact same at least we have the choice to be challenged or not.