Territory Battles: Imperial - difficulty feedback

Replies

• Goober1_ wrote: »
    There are many people who think the difficulty is reasonable.
    We just got spoiled with a way too easy lightside tb.
    Think back to haat.
    It was super hard when it 1st came out.
    My guild was taking 10 days to do the normal.
    But we figured out the teams that worked and grew our rosters and now half the guilds in the game have haat on farm.
    Give yourself time to build " the right teams "
    P.S.
    Expect a drastic increase in lightside tb difficulty

What is better than an all 7*, G12, DS squad for a DS lead event? If that team gets wiped out, then how do you improve? Wait for 8* and G15? 7* mods? If the best currently out there can't compete in the early phases, then how does one improve?
  • I am fine with this being a game mode that we look forward to increasing our toons' strength. We may be at the max now, but there could be other improvements to make them better in the future. If that is the case then how far out is that new content? Since Gear 12 came out I have only 2 toons atG12.

The only thing this game mode does is widen the gap between whales and ftp players. If you have it all and can complete LS TB then you have nothing to look forward too. This comes out and guilds with whales quickly conquer it then they have nothing to do. While, us mortal ftp players struggle to even keep up.

This game is constantly increasing the gap between the haves and have nots.
  • I am fine with this being a game mode that we look forward to increasing our toons' strength. We may be at the max now, but there could be other improvements to make them better in the future. If that is the case then how far out is that new content? Since Gear 12 came out I have only 2 toons atG12.

The only thing this game mode does is widen the gap between whales and ftp players. If you have it all and can complete LS TB then you have nothing to look forward too. This comes out and guilds with whales quickly conquer it then they have nothing to do. While, us mortal ftp players struggle to even keep up.

Funny how communism is such a dirty word in the western word yet when we are unable/unwilling to pay for things we want, we feel like we are somehow entitled to them...
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Vorgen wrote: »

Funny how communism is such a dirty word in the western word yet when we are unable/unwilling to pay for things we want, we feel like we are somehow entitled to them...

Is that really what you read from his message? If I was a new player I would rethink my priorities with this game. Maybe it’s not worth spending thousands and still not get competitive in all areas of the game? While the long time whales just keep getting further and further ahead a ”normal” player making it a challenge for the devs to give them a challenge and keep them interested.

I will go as far as say that micropayments are the cancer of this decade. It’s the ”I don’t want to waste time learning/playing, I want it now” crowd that makes it possible for this kind of game mode to thrive.

FWIW, in TB too much emphasis is given to points from deployments vs completing combat missions. The element of randomness has been trivilialized and given time all guilds will be looking at receiving maximum rewards.
  • Dark Side TB was A terrible Idea in the First place made worse by the Absurd difficulty. The Bottom line is DARK SIDE TERRITORY BATTLES STINK AND THEY STINK SOMETHING AWFUL.
  • Vorgen wrote: »
    I am fine with this being a game mode that we look forward to increasing our toons' strength. We may be at the max now, but there could be other improvements to make them better in the future. If that is the case then how far out is that new content? Since Gear 12 came out I have only 2 toons atG12.

I am fine with a grind and goals to eventually reach and surpass. Just don't create some really strong characters and then for months or weeks, while I am catching up, release even more toons.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    DSTBs was not terrible - it was just executed poorly.

Devs should put it back on the shelf to tweak difficulty so it is better, while releasing more DS toons etc.

DSTBs main flaw was that it just does not hold up to LSTB due to poor amount of DS toons and teams available.

Separatist faction pack releasing more toons like Jango, droideka, Roger B1 etc as well as ships and a fleet commander as well as a GG re-work.

Not to mention expand further within DS - bring out some more toons like the grand inquisitor etc. - make DS a formidable faction in the game.

Then bring back DSTBs and see what happens.
  • I felt that the DSTB waves this round were appropriately geared for this type of event for the first phase, but were still much harder than the LSTB waves. I won’t be the one to say it needs further nerfing because I don’t believe it does now, however, I’d like to thank the devs for listening and addressing the problems and making this event much more enjoyable!
  • The current balancing is a huge improvement. My main guys still blast through it, but my terribly geared rag-tag teams can only beat the first 3 waves.

I suppose we'll see if the balance holds up, but I'm more hopeful now.
  • Thanks devs for reducing difficulty and making DS TB better!
  • In Phase 1 my Sith team got all the way to wave 4 and couldn't kill one because of healing and 3 rebels changing taunts.
    My Sith were gear 8 except for Maul who is G12 but still, it is phase 1.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Phase1: Great improvement over the first (DS TB)! Although the Elite Rebel Troopers(s) had an insane amount of health or crazy defense, didn't capture the damage numbers, but their health pools just weren't going down. It basically forced you to use DN to one-punch-kill him, or GeoSpy attack from stealth while he had 6+ buffs on him.