Strategy - teams that work well darkside TB?

Any suggestions of characters or teams that worked well for you? (Or standard teams that didn't work out well.)
Please include specifics on gear, zetas, outstanding chars or abilities, strategies.

Didn't work:
Nihilus lead sith (dooku, maul, savage, sid: gear 8, no Zetas). [only got thru 3 rounds in first slice]

Teams that worked (from reading in other threads):
First order - did okay (with good mods, high gear, zetas).
Troopers - with veers zeta (not sure which troopers were used).

Replies

• The only success I got completing a combat mission was using the following team:
    Palpatine G11 (L), Darth Maul G11, zSidious G11, zThrawn G10, Old Daka G10

The first three waves helped building Maul's multiple Daze attack, Thrawn immediately fractured the elite rebel officer. Palp and Daka froze several rebels while Sidious and Maul were dealing damages.

The two other teams I sent in Combat Mission got destroyed in wave 4/4. I had hope my zKylo could hold his ground and win the fight alone. He was on the right track actually until a rebel scout froze him... Too bad :-/
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    I wanna know what non-zeta teams work. All my zetas are on LS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ZSavage beat a round 4 by himself. It was in top territory, bottom battle i think, where they kept rotating taunts... Took a while but he wore them down and couldnt be killed.
  • thrawn, tarkin, sht, st, and tfp blew thru a battle easily.
  • GreenGoblin96
    1321 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I used nihilus lead (no zetas) and it worked just fine. G8 Maul, G11 palp, G8 sidious and G10 sun fac. Got 4/4 waves.

Edit: i also used a trooper team with non-zeta veers and completed 4/4. Deathrooper, storm, shore, snow. All gear 9
  • I completed 4/4 with g9 boba lead, g12 zthrawn, g11 nihilus, g7 talzin, g8 Old Daka
  • I finished one with a Tarkin lead.
  • One of my guild members got 4/4 with double zeta talzin lead nightsisters asaaj g12
  • What worked for me was:

Sister with MT zeta. acolythe and talia only G10. Talzin was G12. AV G11

Troopers with Zeta Veers was just a free win. But the hero was snowtrooper in this squad as with his omega nearly every turn could do his AOE. I did not see or remember any bad **** counters from the rebels.

Having a Fourth team was difficult but I got a 4/4 with a Boba lead, IG88, Tarkin, Kylo and DN. No zetas used, only DN G12. he good attacks I kept for P4 and directly annihilated the rebel healer.
  • You will not be finishing without a zeta on your leader. Fact.
    And that is overtuned for P1. Fact.
  • Thrawn lead Ebb and Flow zeta, Krennic, Death Trooper, Shore Trooper, Tarkin

Constant TM drain with Krennic's stagger followed by Death Trooper aoe and then Tarkin aoe

Zihilus Lead (Have both zetas) Zideous, Palpatine, Maul, Savage

Took a hell of a beating but the aoe from all except Savage was enough to fully heal them again. Savage was perhaps a bad choice and i would replace with Dooku in the future!

Made the stupid mistake of using my puny FO squad with only Phasma and Zylo thinking phase one would be a breeze. Completely correct until round 4... Zylo felt like he didn't even have a zeta with the lousy amount of protection gained.

Then realise that the Darth Vader node needed empire..... Doh
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Yes, every dark side team works well. But this team should be maxed, which is for phase 1 very strange. So what will be innphase 3? Or in phase 6? First wave and team will be gone?
  • There has only been -one- fight I was able to 4/4. That was p1 Vader fight. Used this team; G12 Zader, G12 zThrawn, G12 EP, G12 Sideous, G12 Boba. Same team got creamed in phase 2 before I even got to really take a turn on 4/4
  • stohelit
    149 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I got 4/4 in phase 2 with:
    Thrawn (lead, g9, zeta eb and flow), EP (g 11), TFP (g 11), RG (g 11), Vader (g 10) (All 7 star)
    Decent mods on all but Thrawn (he had some mods, but not complete, and none of them had my best mods).

It was a close run thing - I had 3 toons (thrawn, EP, Vader) barely standing at the end.
    Post edited by stohelit on