Question about how to handle raid rules. Poll:

2Next

Replies

• We use a 50k max for 1st 24 hours and it's a pain. People are constantly over hitting and many don't care and just do what they want on it. Our leader has a 3 strike rule, where after 3 infractions you're out and we keep kicking people and its **** us off cause we loose players for the other parts of the game.

Kick em before the reward is handed out. Re-Invite them and ask why. If the excuse themself, fine go on, if not, get rid of them. It will only get harder to establish rules (and you will & have to) when you let that fly.

Good luck.

We actually do kick them out before rewards and so far, none of them tried getting back into the guild so i guess they knew what they did We never tried re-inviting them tho. We actually had to kick another today.... did 500k on it the second it was summoned, for 3-4th time in a row..... Dude is gonna loose his territory wars winnings also but he never answered in chat or seemed to care.
  • @ChaosDragoon Yeah Re-Inviting helps, so they know "we want to keep you, IF you follow the rules" otherwise they maybe don't know how to come back or think you want 'em gone for good.

Also ... there are players who are under the age of 13 (or have an account with that age) and don't have any chat at all. They can't read, they can't write (not even comments in the territorial war) - so keep that in mind.

Get rid of the bad people, try to convince the good one and have a long breath. :)

/salute
  • We do 24 hour zero damage. We also put a 500k cap on anyone who already has 7* raid Han to let people who don’t have him catch up, but that will soon get lifted since we are pretty much there.
  • I’ve got a question my guild it either disbanded or kicked me out but I had Raid progress. On both raids And now its saying I can’t even play anymore.
  • A

Keep it simple. We have a midweek raid we call Whale Free Wednesday, on this one all the folks with a 7* Han Solo just post zeros only. It lets the other guys catch up a bit.
  • Drew102379 wrote: »
    I’ve got a question my guild it either disbanded or kicked me out but I had Raid progress. On both raids And now its saying I can’t even play anymore.

If you are kicked you are out of the raid. If you join a new guild you have to wait for them to launch a new raid.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Drew102379 wrote: »
    I’ve got a question my guild it either disbanded or kicked me out but I had Raid progress. On both raids And now its saying I can’t even play anymore.

If you are kicked you are out of the raid. If you join a new guild you have to wait for them to launch a new raid.

I just want to play and have some fun and it seems like every guild I join they boot me.
  • Drew102379 wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »

I just want to play and have some fun and it seems like every guild I join they boot me.

Do you ask what the guild rules are and do you follow them?
    Actuwlly first when you join a guild do you see guild chat.
  • This is a problem we are having in our guild, as we are from all over the world and in different time zones. I understand the argument that those who have invested and have time in should be able to take top spots and agree totally with this. We also use a 24 hour 0 dmg period to log in. My gripe is it's a flawed system. You can have best roster in your guild (I don't btw, somewhat mid range), and will always score at bottom if the time is not good for you. Really this is only a problem for 2 reasons; 1- newer players/weaker teams never get resources to get Raid Han in Rancor (big difference in payout by rank), 2- everyone who is in bad time zone consistently gets less guild currency. Now taking the option of finding another guild off the table. I wonder how others with similar problem deals with this? I've been reading what's here, but so far nothing stands out as a good fix. I wish CG would fix this, make an event that each guild member completes as far as they can in a 2 day period, then add up the total scores for a shared payout. Something that doesn't need to be "finished" per say, just go as far as can, without posting who did what (other than who participated). I think it stinks that you compete against your guildies like this. It's caused strife where there should be none. We have 1 or 2 guys (after 24 hours) close out rancor in 15 mins knowing some in guild don't have raid Han. Haat usually lasts an hour. I've brought this up a couple times, and keep getting, "well if their teams were stronger they would get better rewards". This is not the point! The best team in the guild will still place dead last if in a bad time zone.
  • P.S. Had one of those same couple guys pinpoint me as a trouble maker for bringing it up again after news of CLS coming back. If doing haat now in an hour when 15-20 more get him (I should be one), it will shrink to 1/2 that. This problems going to get worse before it gets better. I'm not the only one effected but only one speaking up, so just leave it alone now. It's taken all the fun out of it for me. I'm not sure I'll even hit raids anymore besides my 0 dmg.
  • Does anyone know if the devs have ever responded to issues with raid rules? Any response about including communication tools?
  • 24 hour 0 damage for my guild. And every single time at least 1 person does hundreds of thousands of damage. It’s usually a new member with a disabled chat.Then I boot them because they didn’t/don’t care/can’t read any of my posts that I place everywhere about this rule. Harsh yes but necessary.

Same in my guild. Except we've FINALLY gotten to the point where all 50 members understand the rule and can read the chat banner message about zero damage till X time.

We're pretty strict about it because a few guild members are in Europe or Asia, so it's not fair to them if they log zero damage and get random ranks but some guy who hits early and can't follow directions gets ranked above all the zeros.
  • Does anyone know if the devs have ever responded to issues with raid rules? Any response about including communication tools?

The raids are so old at this point they've just left us a system that's, what, a year plus old now? all they did was make it harder to play after enrage (you still can with Resistance though, LOL) and fixed Nute Gunray... because... you know, Nute can't be part of the Raid... because... Nute.
    Only hope at this point is we get either 1) a new Raid and they revisit the system or 2) based on other events, we get Mythic Tiers of the current Raids.

To OP - 24 hour rule. Keep it simple.
    Naraic wrote: »

I've booted so many people. When you join a guild, your first words should be "Hey guys, what are the guild raid rules?" and you'll set yourself up for some success.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • We ran our first yesterday/today. The leaders asked for “minimal” damage first 24hrs. So I sent in a crap team, did maybe 24K. Then at least 10 bigger players (leaders included) sent in teams doing 800k+. I’m a level 85 player, been playing a long time. Could have dome major damage in first three phases with my best team. But I tried to follow rules and ended up losing big rewards because I did.
  • A. Those of us who can auto solo wait until someone posts that is complete before posting our damage.
  • A damage cap is prob the least effective solution for obvious reasons.. given that everyone can pretty much solo, we allow a 1 toon ffa during the 0k period, that way it changes up the final scores.. I don't even have zylo and I finish first sometimes (jyn) and we don't allow cls during that phase obviously haha
  • A damage cap is prob the least effective solution for obvious reasons.. given that everyone can pretty much solo, we allow a 1 toon ffa during the 0k period, that way it changes up the final scores.. I don't even have zylo and I finish first sometimes (jyn) and we don't allow cls during that phase obviously haha

Obviously for big guilds it's ineffective as everyone can solo. If not everyone can solo a damage cap lets the guys who can't solo fight amount themselves while the guys who can solo finish ahead of them. In my guild we have 3 big guys and a lot of small guys.

None of the small guys come close to soloing the 3 big guys get to lock up ranks 1 2 3 and the small guys fight amount themselves. If used in a big guild it would make no sense.

The rules have to fit the guild there is no-one size fits all approach.
  • A.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • 24 hour then ffa seems to work well enough as it lets all members get some rewards, but our guild also does a "take a zero if you have 7* han" rule for some raids. We have a lot of members who can solo the raid, but will happily take a lower rank in order to let others max out raid han.
  • A. 0 dmg hour period can be shortened if all your members live in similar timezones.
  • My guild does a 12 hour 0 period and then 2 mil limit for 7* raid han owners on Monday’s and Wednesday, all Friday raids are the 12 hour 0 period and then FFA