Don’t lock TB when areas are maxed (3*) please!

Prev1
Nightlores
1608 posts Member
edited November 2017
Hmmmm...cant do anything when the TB areas are maxed 3* (can only do the the special mission). That is messed up for the fun and the stats. Like you havent done anything, so having stats are pointless. Only Officers should be able manually lock an area, not by default.

Replies

• Options
    why would you do something if the territory is maxed? Q_Q
    it will be waste of cgp if you want to do more missions
  • Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »

Why a waste when you have max stars for that whole phase already? So now people who can’t immediately do the missions/deploy are not having the joy of competing and are in a disadvantage on the total stats.
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »

Why a waste when you have max stars for that whole phase already? So now people who can’t immediately do the missions/deploy are not having the joy of competing and are in a disadvantage on the total stats.

Ohh lord please close this thread .
  • Options
    We have asked and asked to have this mandatory lock feature not get implemented , but they did it anyway. Hopefully , they will smarten up and remove it along with the rest of the tweaks that will be done once this TB is finished.
  • Options
    Really? They implemented it that way even after all the feedback? Does the combat at least unlock again after all territories are 3* or does the game just block players from playing at all if they aren’t in the right timezones to get in early?
  • Options
    So far it appears to lock and be done, lol,
  • Options
    You Can only do special missions and platoons after lock.
  • Options
    Yea very dumb
  • Options
    I'm fine with the lock. Some people aren't smart enough to know when to leave an area alone.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    At first I was against it, but I'm 100% fine with the lock.

Keeps people from wasting their characters and GP. Pad your stats in the section where help is actually needed. And it's a snooze you lose thing. People miss out on padding their Rancor and HAAT all the time.

And if a guild leader boots you because you are locked out/low stats its because they don't have a soul.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I'm fine with the lock. Some people aren't smart enough to know when to leave an area alone.

What happens with those people who are late and all areas are 3 stars, especially with ships that get done way too quickly. This means they can't do any combat and thus hurt their overall score which is a meter for participation for many guilds...

Also for reasons of accomplishment, people want to have many battles completed. No reason to lock them
  • Options

Totally agree, I would be very surprised if someone could not participate in the later phases when the GP requirements are so much higher.

I get it that people want to get high on the board and being first is important to them, guess I look at the guild contribution vs the individual unless we missing GP when we need it.
  • Options
    this change is one of the best they implemented with this patch, don't mind if they unlock AFTER every area of that phase is at 3*, but this was necessary.
  • Options
    From a guild perspective, this is absolutely the best way.
    (however, I like he idea, to unlock combats again, when the entire phase is maxed, starwise).

This change has more advantages than disadvantages.

Only disadvantage I see:
    If a guild has players from all over the world, they might lose players from a timezone, where they are always late to do combats - bit selfish from players, but completely reasonable.
  • Options

are you hearing yourself? who cares about competing in stats????
    you are supposed to work as a team
    this is the Best tool ever
  • Options
    Yeah 90% of the guilds do not care about personnal stats. And this simplifies the job for the officers of all guilds.
  • Options

Maybe you don't like to play this game ? As many people here i like to do battles, and this tools block some players to play those battles. The fact that deloyment is locked is not a problem, the problem is that you are not able to play the missions if it's already 3*.
  • Options
    No, I just think it is wrong to have a game mode and prevent players from participating based on which country they live in. Don’t say that it’s the player’s fault if they weren’t there at the start - that’s just ignorant. When TB starts many players in different time zones are either at work or sleeping. They should get up at 4am and miss a night’s sleep for a mobile game? Get real. Right now my guild has a lot of players who were not allowed to play the phase, apart from the special mission. What a shame that they missed out. Once again, the American game studio fails to understand that the world is a sphere.

TB missions completed is the primary measure of a player’s quality in the game now - even more so than GP. The most engaging element of TB is trying to beat your best combat score, or work towards 114/114, or match yourself against different guildmates. That is worth even more to many players than how many stars the guild got, especially when the number of stars is merely ego and barely affects rewards. Maybe you think they should care more about the stars, but that’s how it is. You want to force them to think like you do?

Anyway, the block is unnecessary. A good guild can be disciplined and have players delay fighting a mission until stars are secured in a different territory. If players refuse to play ball then kick them. Or just reopen all the missions once all stars in the phase are won. Who would that hurt?
  • Options
    What this guys said.. We have before been losing a star because people would rather maximize their TB contribution, than shoot for another star in a territory.
  • Options

First come, first serve, like the raids. You ain’t fast enough before Territory is completed, you don’t get competitive stats. Your general participation is all that’s required for equal rewards. TB is not meant to be competitive - it allows you to do so by comparing stats, but that means you need to hit it sooner rather than later. Just like raids.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    One of the most logical thing they have implemented. Keep it like this.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Shimrra wrote: »

Maybe you don't like to play this game ? As many people here i like to do battles, and this tools block some players to play those battles. The fact that deloyment is locked is not a problem, the problem is that you are not able to play the missions if it's already 3*.

If you use characters to do battles in a section that have already been 3*'d, you can't use those characters again in other sections that aren't maxed, and you also lose the deployment GP that can be counted in the needed section as well. Team effort dude.
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Shimrra wrote: »

If you use characters to do battles in a section that have already been 3*'d, you can't use those characters again in other sections that aren't maxed, and you also lose the deployment GP that can be counted in the needed section as well. Team effort dude.

He means after all locations of a phase are maxed at 3*s each. They should all unlock to do the missions just for kicks. I think that’s what he means at least.
  • Options
    It's the worst feature in this game. People who don't have time at start of the phase are messed up. They get no content and are not able to play this game. Please remove this stupid feature. If people are not smart enough to deploy where the area is not 3 stars it is the problem of their guild and not of the whole playerbase. Instruct your players right and you won't have a problem.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    Game mechanics make the guild leaders and officers’ jobs easier in this regard. You still get participation through the special Mission. You can get rewards. If the guild has point requirements, THAT’S something that can be directed by the player-base.
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »

He means after all locations of a phase are maxed at 3*s each. They should all unlock to do the missions just for kicks. I think that’s what he means at least.

You understand well ;)
  • Options
    At least allow guild leaders to unlock the missions so their members can play the game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    well, this change has it's advantages aswell as it's disadvantages.
    Some people, myself included, actually like doing battles. Not being able to participate in the combat missions because your guildmates already 3 starred the territories sucks if you're one of those people.
    With the new management tools it already became easier to prevent guildmates from making mistakes, so locking the territory that is 3 starred alltogether seems a bit unnecessary to me. Still, it has it's benefits when your guild leader/officers aren't super active and aren't using those management tools.
    All in all i'd say keeping the territories open after they are already 3starred doesn't have that many downsides, but does please the players who do want to do the battles.
    Not sure why so many people here are against keeping the territories open. It's not like you can't waste deploys on territories that can be 3starred with the remaining combat missions due it locking after it's 3 starred.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    What I don't understand about it is why make it mandatory? Use a check box or something to lock a territory at any time at the officers' discretion. Shouldn't be that hard to do.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Jaxxon wrote: »
    What I don't understand about it is why make it mandatory? Use a check box or something to lock a territory at any time at the officers' discretion. Shouldn't be that hard to do.

that's already ingame. Well, you can still do the battle even if the leader/officers locked the territory, but it gets registered as a "rogue action" and you get a pop-up asking if you want to ignore the orders.
    Save water, drink champagne!