Kylo Ren Unmasked

2Next

Replies

• Heal immunity is zKRU's kryptonite.
    In fact, it's good against Nihilus leads, AND Chaze AND Wiggs too.

Chaze can still equalize, but heal over time becomes useless.

Heal Immunity especially effective against zKRU though. It's brutal.

There's lots of chars that swing with it. Darth Sidious and Anakin Skywalker are especially vicious.

If you want to smash KRU in the face, all you need is ONE of those two toons at a decent level.

There's lots of other strategies out there too, but I like to keep it simple.

Go with Darth Sidious or Anakin.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Kylo Ren classic and Thrawn are more practical answers than Anakin and Sidious. Those two don't age well at all.
    Still not a he.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Kylo Ren classic and Thrawn are more practical answers than Anakin and Sidious. Those two don't age well at all.

Thrawn doesn't prevent healing.

I stand by suggesting Sidious because he's a really easy farm and unlike most characters who apply healing immunity a percentage of the time, Sidious has a 100% proc rate which means it only has to pass the tenacity check. For arena he may not work as well but for an extra guy for galactic war on the occasions you need him he's a great bet plus he has a solid base speed so you dont need as much speed on mods
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Thrawn doesn't prevent healing.

I stand by suggesting Sidious because he's a really easy farm and unlike most characters who apply healing immunity a percentage of the time, Sidious has a 100% proc rate which means it only has to pass the tenacity check. For arena he may not work as well but for an extra guy for galactic war on the occasions you need him he's a great bet plus he has a solid base speed so you dont need as much speed on mods

Sidious is frailer than styrofoam, you can exhale in his general direction and he would collapse, Kylo Ren is a much more ideal option thanks to his high damage and self regenerating properties as well as being a very tanky attacker
  • Galatic war, phase 2. 1st group is all 50's and a 71 kylo ren unmasked. guess that ends my galactic war for the day. had to tab out a few times to not lose completely but ****. running a level 63 lando scoundrel lead with jedi consular and yea. this sucks. why put a level 71 so low in galactic war|?
  • vu65b32h78m3.jpg I mean seriously this is phase 2 purple battle. Guess IM done for the day. Thanks Ea
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    The game is a progression. You're not supposed to be able to win everything every time right away.

If you only really have one or two fieldable teams, then yeah, you're gonna get blocked by the counters in GW. The further along you get and the more developed your roster, the more consistently you will be able to beat GW.
    Still not a he.
  • I've come across Kylo when he's done that, and I've even had mine do that myself. Wasn't sure if it was a bug.

I've had it too.

Usually have to get Palp in to deal with him.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • This is a great game. I wish they had a console version. But to me the #1 problem with it is balancing issues. Some characters and groups are EXTREMELY overpowered to the point where it’s just annoying. The game developers need to take some examples from MTG and examine every once in a while what’s going on and Star nerfing and boosting certain characters and groups. The Nightsisters and “Rebels” groups are rediculously over powered. As well as Kylo REN Unmasked. The Jedi are extremely under powered, with a few exceptions. There are few healers on dark side characters. Some of these things could be smoothed out with just a few small tweaks. Most games, MMOs for instance, are consistently taking this stuff into account but whoever is working in this game is just completely ignoring the unbalanced characters. It’s quite annoying. I get so irritated when I see people using the same group of 5 characters because they are close to unbeatable. That’s not balance. That’s just annoying.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    This is primarily a collectibles game, not a finely tuned and balanced game.

Also, even in MtG and similar games, there are cards that suck. Likewise, there are individual units who just ain't good. MtG has certain individual cards in every set that are the foundation that makes certain strategies and deck themes viable at all. There are cards that see use in virtually every deck. There are cards that never see use at all. And there are deck types that were viable last set that are terrible this set.

Right now, there are fourteen different leaders who have at least a 1% share of the top 100 teams, in a game with about 150 characters. That's rather diverse. Factions represented are Sith (3 leaders), Resistance, Rebels (3 leaders, including Phoenix), Jedi, Nightsisters (2 leaders), Rex's hodgepodge, First Order, Empire (3 leaders, 2 of them shared with Sith), and Bounty Hunters.

Jedi are a rather substantial chunk, 11% under Bastila Shan. That Kit Fisto sucks is not terribly important when Bastila, the Yodas, Ezra, and General Kenobi (among other options) are bringing Jedi into prominence in a big way.

Meanwhile, Mother Talzin and Asajj teams together, the two best Nightsister leaders, have a combined 5% and KRUM has 2% of leadership in the top 100.

Kylo unmasked is not an overpowered unit. Nor are Nightsisters in an arena context. They are, however, difficult to deal with early on. Phoenix is deliberately an easy early access strategy. This is common in video games. A simple strategy that requires little skill or investment to be effective, there to ease players into the game. This is your Call of Duty noob tube, or E. Honda's thousand hand slap in Street Fighter.

Also important to these entry level strategies is that there are more effective strategies with more investment. Confronting players with obstacles that cannot effectively be countered with an entry level strategy is important for convincing them to branch out. KRUM is a regenerating wall of meat. He can personally endure low damage teams that don't have a counter for him. This does not mean Kylo is overpowered. It means he is an effective counter to certain entry level strategies, to promote branching out into other paths that are more effective to counter him. Kylo practically disappears from the leader boards in mature shards, dropping to somewhere in the 50-200 range.
    Still not a he.
  • In a Galactic War match, I let my Night Sisters beat on him for 30 minutes at 4x speed an he still didn't die
  • Hobgoblin
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Ive been playing for a while but never ran into this problem where Ren unmasked and Jango Fett keep healing (instantly). I enjoyed the game until I ran into this issue, not just once but 4 times today. I lose every arena battle and can't complete the Galaxic War campaign. Two days now. One battle is kind of fun, keeping me on my toes, but now its getting annoying? I literally demolished all his allies to where its Ren and Jango. They didnt appear different at first, then all of a sudden, every hit increased their health and when I got Fett to one life he magically had his revives replenished so I can never get it down to Ren alone. All my guys went from full health to dead in a few turns . stupid
  • I lost to invincible Krum in Arena. 5 star 67. And I had my own, better Krum at 70 plus 2 more characters alive against Krum. No chace. So there seems to be some issues still with characters. I have lost to him often.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    necro
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Spikur wrote: »
    I lost to invincible Krum in Arena. 5 star 67. And I had my own, better Krum at 70 plus 2 more characters alive against Krum. No chace. So there seems to be some issues still with characters. I have lost to him often.
    Not an issue. You failed to contend with him. You lost fair and square. You need to work with and around his lead and abilities to deal with him.

Regular Kylo applies healing immunity which can drop KRUM.
    Still not a he.
  • But I had a Krum in my own team that had the same level of abilties and was higher lvl.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Spikur wrote: »
    But I had a Krum in my own team that had the same level of abilties and was higher lvl.

Chances are you have a mod problem.
This discussion has been closed.