Not a good gw solution

J_Starseed
325 posts Member
edited November 2017
Now the closest thing we had to a Sandbox something where you could get some diverse stretch of play with some challenge is gone.

And it still takes nearly as long to finish. If it had to be nerfed to the point where it's pointless by the time you've been playing a while, why not at least let it be auto'd in one continuous go? To actually save some time and energy. Now it's galactic bore.

The idea was I think for gw to be less time consuming because of the new tb and tw? It's not really by much and the time on it is a wet carrot now.

Please listen, for those who have been playd a while.... This is much worse than before.

Replies

• J_Starseed wrote: »
    Now the closest thing we had to a Sandbox something where you could get some diverse stretch of play with some challenge is gone.

And it still takes nearly as long to finish. If it had to be nerfed to the point where it's pointless by the time you've been playing a while, why not at least let it be auto'd in one continuous go? To actually save some time and energy. Now it's galactic bore.

The idea was I think for gw to be less time consuming because of the new tb and tw? It's not really by much and the time on it is a wet carrot now.

Please listen, for those who have been playd a while.... This is much worse than before.

I like the new GW a lot and I dunno what you do but for me the time has cut in more than half. Also bear in mind with Territory Wars you will have that mode on an extreme level. And until then you have more than enough challenge with DS TB ^^

Well.... I don't remember telling you could speak in my name...??
  • Ill say its very easy for now, but let it like this for month or even 2, we were facing unbeatable gw too long:open_mouth:
  • Since when did the old gw give you diversity? Wasn't that half the problem?
  • well I just auto'ed through it, albeit you have to start every battle and then auto
    saves me a crapload of time and I actually missed out on some GWs of late just due to RL time issues.
    so I am happy.
  • now I can auto to node 11 with Phoenix and just finish off with CLS squad on 12 :)
  • What if all of the teams weren't player-based, but rather custom team compositions set up by the devs. It could have all factions on a rotation based on difficulty. That could keep GW from getting stale and it could also showcase team synergy among factions to entice a player to farm a certain faction if they like what they went up against.
    The node difficulty would remain the same such as nodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10 being fairly easy. Then nodes 6, 9, and 11 are hard with 12 being the most difficult.

For example, let's say I'm level 50 and I enter Galactic War. My first node will have a random team of a random faction. So let's say they are all Rogue One (lead by Jyn). They are level 40, 1-2 star mods, 4-6 stars, etc.
    Phase 2 might be a Clone team that is gradually stronger (lead by either Rex, Cody, or Fives).
    Phase 3 is, let's say, an Imperial Trooper team (lead by Veers).
    And so forth.
    By the time I get to node 12, I would fight a, say, Droid team, level 65-70 (or whatever is fair for a level 50 player), with a purple gear level, thus forcing me to use much of my roster.
    Then the next day it would be a completely new GW team set up. So maybe I fight a Nightsister team first (lead by MT, Daka, or Asajj). Then the 2nd phase a Tusken team, etc.
    *Now, if I'm level 85, the difficulty would obviously be greater. But perhaps when I get a character with a Zeta, then the last node is guaranteed a gear 12 team, but again, it's a random team - not necessarily always a CLS lead or Meta team. That way it keeps GW balanced, random and fun as we anticipate what factions we will face. A newbie getting to level 85 with their first Zeta might occasionally face that dreadful CLS team on node 12 and lose, whereas a long term level 85 player could easily take it out with his Zeta Finn Resistance team.
    Then perhaps once one gets 3 character Zetas, they get another gear 12 team on node 11. Then 5 Zetas puts a gear 12 team on 9. And lastly, 10 Zetas puts a gear 12 team on node 6. (Or this system could completely go off of Galactic Power - I just think Zeta mats would be simpler to count and base genuine potential at, or maybe not).
    This will create diversity in GW and we can see how other non-used characters and synergy works as they fight against us. I am (was) sick and tired of facing level 70 Luminara, Dooku, Royal Guard, Jedi Consular, and Talia on easy nodes over and over again and then suddenly gear 12 meta teams on the difficult ones. I think, as a long term level 85 player myself, would think it so fun to play against a Tusken team, or Imperial Trooper team, or a Jawa team in Galactic War with some of them being gear 12 every once in a while. Since nobody runs teams like that in Arena, we will never see them in GW. That's why this suggested system could be great!

*Sidenote, factions with more than 5 total characters and/or Leaders would be rotated randomly. So perhaps one day I fight a Sith team with Nihilus lead, Maul, Sidious, Sith Assassin, and Dooku. And the next day (or the day after that to make sure all of the factions got a rotation within a few different Galactic Wars) maybe I face a Sith team with Savage lead, Sidious, Nihilus, Vader, and Sith Trooper. Teams like Phoenix or Rebels seen Rogue One should always be together, in my opinion. With the exception of Kanan and Ezra being in Jedi compositions.

Thoughts?
  • They definitely went too far with the updated GW. It’s boring.
    They definitely went too far with the updated GW. It’s boring.

Good thing we have Arena, DS/LS battles, TB, Cantina, Raids, Ships and all the rest so....

It was boring before it just took longer, at least now I see some different teams and not the same full g12 meta team starting from node 6

The idea was I think for gw to be less time consuming because of the new tb and tw? It's not really by much and the time on it is a wet carrot now. .
    It is by much actually. Now as I can auto the full gw wthout checking the phone I am finally happy and I am finally playing gw once again.
  • Leave it as is. Too much time to invest in an app with all the different modes, battles etc. Im finally bothering to do it now as before it just took too **** long with everything else.
    And then there were pants...
  • I like the new GW myself. I've been able to pass node 12 the last several attempts, with the sacrifice of a squad or 4. But now I can breeze through it a lot faster. Makes it more desirable to actually complete instead of spending and hour trying to beat it cause nodes 9, 11, and 12 I had to spend about 15 minutes each.
  • Moved to Feedback/GW.

I think they didn't go far enough and should have removed that monotonous, boring part of the game for endgame players. GW was nice midgame, when I was struggling to complete it and didn't have all this guild stuff going. Then it was just an exercise in using the resistance against an unchanging meta. It should just go away.
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!

I think they didn't go far enough and should have removed that monotonous, boring part of the game for endgame players. GW was nice midgame, when I was struggling to complete it and didn't have all this guild stuff going. Then it was just an exercise in using the resistance against an unchanging meta. It should just go away.

+1.
    Or they could give it the "Challenges" treat: you can choose between:
    - Pay 1 sim and get done with it for the day (all 12 battles worth of rewards)
    - Tap on "battle" and spend that half an hour playing in your sandbox

Or one step further:
    - Give everybody the full rewards every day
    - Let whoever play it for as long as they want for free.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • My personal feelings are they've gone too far and made it far too easy now. We've lost the ability to test new arena team's outside of chancing it and throwing them into arena.
    That said I also think that it should stay as it is for a least a few months, too many changes and you just annoy people even more.
    Ideally we need another way to test teams outside of arena before throwing them into the grind.
  • Lossberg wrote: »
    J_Starseed wrote: »

The idea was I think for gw to be less time consuming because of the new tb and tw? It's not really by much and the time on it is a wet carrot now. .
    It is by much actually. Now as I can auto the full gw wthout checking the phone I am finally happy and I am finally playing gw once again.

You are not playing it. You're just hitting auto.

It's way too easy now. No fun at all. Please let us pick our own difficulty. It's just a chore for rewards now. No challenge or fun what so ever.
  • Teague wrote: »
    Lossberg wrote: »

It's way too easy now. No fun at all. Please let us pick our own difficulty. It's just a chore for rewards now. No challenge or fun what so ever.

Exactly. I don't want to spend more time to actually PLAY it. Already to much things that we have to pay an attention.
  • Lossberg wrote: »
    Teague wrote: »
    Lossberg wrote: »

Exactly. I don't want to spend more time to actually PLAY it. Already to much things that we have to pay an attention.

So the solution is to take it away from those who did enjoy it. So now, no one can play it.
  • you can play it - slot in those toons you levelled just for TB and see how they play :)
  • I am happy with the new GW
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It's so easy that you ought to at be able to auto it in one go. No thought or effort needed anymore. Just way too much time. And now I really want a Sandbox!
    It's so easy that you ought to at be able to auto it in one go. No thought or effort needed anymore. Just way too much time. And now I really want a Sandbox!

Agreed. It's truly Galactic Chore now. No effort needed or fun had, just something you have to do for rewards.
  • ludwignasche
    86 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    DarthArt wrote: »
    Ill say its very easy for now, but let it like this for month or even 2, we were facing unbeatable gw too long:open_mouth:

I don't remember the last time I had failed to beat the old GW.

Now I spend almost the same time, but it is just too boring. Yesterday I don't remember my team taking a single hit through 12 nodes. It just doesn't makes sense spending my time with another boring activity.

If it is not going to present any challenge so just allow us to simulate 12 nodes at once and collect rewards.

I repeat, folks that like the new GW are those that actually don't enjoy playing the game.

• Level 78 here. This new GW is rough... lucky if i get 400 tokens a day, it has definitely set me back on progress.