Thrawn

Replies

• Thrawn.
    And veers for imperial troopers missions
  • Z thrawn?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Wait until after next DSTB before you blow your wad on gearing/leveling/zeta'ing your darkside heroes.

Darkside doesn't have a one size fit all like CLS, so all your choices you mentioned are top depending on the rest of your squad.

Good luck.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @zhtd17 @Nemman
    You guys think Thrawn Lead is alot better then Palpatine? I prolly not would Zeta Thrawn doesn't seem that big
  • So far I fount palpatine better in the sith zMaul team. Empire we have lot of different choose we could build 2/3 good team .
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Does it matter who the best leader is? None of your teams will complete a mission anyway - no matter the make up of your team.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Thrawn is the bee's knees. Palp is like... half the bee's knees. Palp, TFP and to some extent Vader can go nuts with all the TM, but Thrawn is just better overall.

plus- Sith are a possible squad that can be used in another fight. Palp can go hang out there
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Does it matter who the best leader is? None of your teams will complete a mission anyway - no matter the make up of your team.

My zader team w/Thrawn, DT, TFP, and ERG is my only team that can beat P4. My Sith team and FO team gets wrecked on other battles, even at G10+.
  • Boo wrote: »

LOL
  • Boo wrote: »

Sorry for you, well build empire squads clear all waves.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

Sorry for you, well build empire squads clear all waves.

My post was meant to be a joke.

@Winstar found it funny at least, lol - by the way Winstar I love your pic!!!
  • Creepioo wrote: »
    @zhtd17 @Nemman
    You guys think Thrawn Lead is alot better then Palpatine? I prolly not would Zeta Thrawn doesn't seem that big

it's definitely better, but as someone above said it's better to wait for the next (unbugged, nerfed) tb before you waste your resources.
    for me I have double zeta'ed thrawn (for arena) and he can breeze through all tb waves with nearly full protection on all toons.
    I'm using ep as a lead for sith and also clearing all waves (ep, DN, zSid, SA and sith trooper)
  • Luniz wrote: »
    Sith can't complete any of the battles, I wouldn't plan to use them

False. My Sith have gotten 4/4 both phases so far without even using the AT-AT cannon-thing (I totally forgot it was even there).

Zeta Vader is nuts on TB. I also got 4/4 with zVader G11, Palp G11, TFP G8, Thrawn G11, Snowtrooper G8. AoE with unresistable TM removal...they barely took any turns.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I finished 4/4 with Zader leading Darth Nihilus, Palpatine, Darth Maul, and Savage Opress. Forgot about the AT-AT special attack.

I finished 4/4 with Thrawn leading Snowtrooper, TIE Pilot, Royal Guard, and Grand Moff Tarkin. Once again, I forgot about the AT-AT attack.

I finished 3/4 with a First Order team.
  • I finished 4/4 withzVader lead palp tarkin Tfp and Stormtroper and 4/4 with Thrawn lead, Snow , DT Krenic and ShoreT. Finall wave with Thrawn was like fighting top5 meta team from arena.
  • Creepioo wrote: »
    @zhtd17 @Nemman

The best empire team at this point would be a zeta thrawn lead with Stormtrooper shoretrooper deathtrooper and a mishmash of either tarkin veers krennic palp.
  • I've had success with zThrawn and zVader.

For reference, my teams for both were:

2xZeta Thrawn - G11
    Deathtrooper - G9
    Snowtrooper - G11
    Shoretrooper - G11
    Krennic - G9

Zeta Vader - G11
    Stormtrooper - G11
    Tarkin - G10
    TFP - G11
    Palpatine - G11

You pretty much just need to control the Commanders and the Counter-attackers with CC. Do that and the Rebels fall apart easily.
  • Thrawn best lead period. Also 1st day my zavage cleared 4th round on his own. Do what you want but those are my boys!

Tbf tho, best lead may depend more on who the rest of your squad is... That being said, thrawn is best lead period ;)
  • DK lead is so awesome in DS TB. When the enemy is AB they don't have great basics or damage to compensate (at least through round 2) and you can reliably keep them AB with all the Empire debuffs. I'd put that lead right there with Thrawn's, maybe better since the AB is so devistating.
  • xanderxman
    505 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The best leader is irrelevant right now. The whole thing is bugged beyond belief. It makes no difference. Wait until DS TB comes out of beta before you make a choice.
  • xanderxman wrote: »
    The best leader is irrelevant right now. The whole thing is bugged beyond belief. It makes no difference. Wait until DS TB comes out of beta before you make a choice.

Question would be irrelevant anyway because it depends on what your squad is and what the enemy squad is. Change tb or not, everyone's answers would be the same
  • A hack... A hack leadership is the best one at this stage

Actually I competed both p1 and p2 mission with ZMaul leader, sith assassin, zSavage, palpatine and nihilus.
    If you want I can teach you how to play better instead of complain :)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Nemman wrote: »
    Luniz wrote: »

Actually I competed both p1 and p2 mission with ZMaul leader, sith assassin, zSavage, palpatine and nihilus.
    If you want I can teach you how to play better instead of complain :)

Haha. I completed one 4th round with zavage alone

Edit: just realized i already said that. Lol. Oh well
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    ZThrawn and zVader
  • This is the problem. The only good leaders darkside has is crazy low. Shame they get added to platoons. Maybe they should remove toons with leader abilities from platoons.
  • Zeta Tarkin. I haven't had much difficulty yet using his lead, 4/4 each time.

But yeah it's broken anyway so I don't expect to do that in the next phases.
  • Thanks for the replies
    Also I realize it's overly hard but I don't think the best leaders will change when they make it easier next time, probably just lower gr lv on enemies. So best leaders should still be relevant

I finished two CM with Sith under EP lead