Galactic War... To easy for Eldars?

Prev1
I am on an April 2016 shard. With Max arena GP of just over 100k.

The new GW is just a joke... I used to find it a challenge... I just auto-ed 24 GW nodes with a pure offense team. I did not face a single G12 toon!.

I suppose it is hard for satisfy everyone... But GW right now is way to easy.

Is it possible to have a Meta Option for GW? If selected your next GW will be generated at a higher difficulty. And scale up the rewards accordingly.

Replies

• Use some of your weaker toons and you’ll have a challenge.

Problem solved, everyone wins
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Shhhh. If you ruin this for me I swear... :D

Old timers been playing so long when they peak it should be easy street.

The noobs below level 80 still need to earn their bones. (Still hard as heck for them I believe)

WAI
  • It seems absurdly difficult pre-85

A friend of mine who recently started is @ level 39, and is put head to head with a level 63 in node 7...

Is this intended @CG_Kozispoon ??
  • PhoenixRvX wrote: »
    Use some of your weaker toons and you’ll have a challenge.

This it let's you try new teams and have fun with it you can easily make it harder for yourself. Who knows you might find a fun new team you wouldn't have thought about before.
  • At first I thought the same, but last couple of days I've been using Imperial Troopers for practice for TB. Under the old GW they may have got one node. Next up will be practising with Bounty Hunters after tonights annihilation from Wampas!!!
  • V0l0 wrote: »
    It seems absurdly difficult pre-85

A friend of mine who recently started is @ level 39, and is put head to head with a level 63 in node 7...

Is this intended @CG_Kozispoon ??

Yes, it encourages the noobs to get good.

Give us a option to choose difficulty.

Problem solved, everybody wins.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Vice_torn wrote: »

The new GW is just a joke... I used to find it a challenge... I just auto-ed 24 GW nodes with a pure offense team. I did not face a single G12 toon!.

Is it possible to have a Meta Option for GW? If selected your next GW will be generated at a higher difficulty. And scale up the rewards accordingly.

Has nothing to do with your shard. It’s your strongest top 5. Use your Jawas if it’s too easy.
  • Teague wrote: »
    PhoenixRvX wrote: »

This. Not gonna lie, I almost felt insulted yesterday when I decisively crushed every single node. I almost always completed GW under the old settings, and I enjoyed the strategizing. Still, because of all of those hard-fought GW's in the past, I feel like I've earned the easy street to the rewards now. Lol.
  • Yesterday I used ClS lead and raid Han, g12. That's it, 2 toons. Made it to node 11 before Han lost all his protection. Easily finished node twelve.
    Today I did the same with g12 zeta krennic lead and zeta death trooper. Finished with near full protection (thanks to the zeta)

It's fun, i guess, but not well balanced for my roster. I wonder if CLS can solo it? Probs. lol
  • Teague wrote: »

And then people who complete the higher difficulty should get better rewards, and then it’s not fair that the whales can complete the hardest GW and get more resources increasing the gulf.

Just use different teams. I got bored going through GW with zfinn all the time so I changed it up myself. You’ve a roster of over a hundred, try a Lobot team or mob enforcer or anyone that’s not G12 zeta’d

Exactly. Use GW to test out your weaker teams. I'd rather some players found it too easy, rather than some players facing a frustrating & soul destroying experience.
  • stepgib wrote: »

Exactly. Use GW to test out your weaker teams. I'd rather some players found it too easy, rather than some players facing a frustrating & soul destroying experience.

This. Exactly. If you aren't a whale, node 11 and 12 were just brutal.

I don't care how many good teams you have...facing G12 CLS, GK, Thrawn, Nihulus, R2 on back-to-back nodes every day was definitely "soul-destroying"

I LOVE galactic war now, because if I don't have extra time, I can just put my best team in and auto it. If I do have time, I can throw in Ewoks, Phoenix, Resistance, First Order, etc. to try things out.

This! Use new squads.. make it fun.
    Vice_torn wrote: »

Seriously... it was easy before for any1 w/ a decent resistance team. This either allows you to auto it (save time like I do now) or do what's posted above and try some different squads.
    Teague wrote: »

And then people who complete the higher difficulty should get better rewards, and then it’s not fair that the whales can complete the hardest GW and get more resources increasing the gulf.

Just use different teams. I got bored going through GW with zfinn all the time so I changed it up myself. You’ve a roster of over a hundred, try a Lobot team or mob enforcer or anyone that’s not G12 zeta’d

I would be fine without better rewards. I just want a challenge. I don't even have Finn unlocked, yet I was finding it easy before the change. Now, I could probably train a toddler to beat GW. That's not fun. There's no chance of loosing. I literally could not deliberately loose even if I tried.
  • If it's to the point where the ppl are autoing it, why not let the ppl sim it?
  • So we want galactic war to be the end game of the game again? People seem to forget that this is a mobile game, not a AAA game. Every activity in the game shouldn't take an hour or 2 to complete each day. Galactic War isn't the be all end all any more. The Pit raid isn't the be all end all any more. That's why we have new game modes to play instead of these being levelled up to still be a grinding challenge
  • Idk I wish it was a little harder but beforehand it was ridiculous, only was able to complete it half the time. I think it's kind of nice to just sit back and test out different combos and lower geared toons without worrying about setting turn order before battle 9, 11, 12.
  • I'm still getting G12 on the last node so it's wai for me where the last node needs a think. I like the change, embrace it. I'm still using mors than 1 team for the last node.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***

If they earnt some sort of experience- it would be worth it.

But they don't.

• Idk I wish it was a little harder but beforehand it was ridiculous, only was able to complete it half the time. I think it's kind of nice to just sit back and test out different combos and lower geared toons without worrying about setting turn order before battle 9, 11, 12.

Totally agree. CG have fixed an outdated mess and now it isn't very challenging, but I am fine with it as I now have a place to try new team combos and decide who to gear up.

The game is taking exciting new turns and I simply don't have the time or patience to struggle against meta team after meta team in a game mode that is no longer relevant in the new swgoh universe.
  • We finally have a semi-sandbox option to try different compositions. Plus, takes 1/4 of the time. It's perfect now. Leave it.
  • The same noobs who complained about not being able to finish it are now complaining that it's to easy. You noobs are amazing
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    I'm not sure you know what a noob is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It's you
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Ah, so everyone you disagree with is a noob. Gotcha.

Since you've redefined "noob," I'm going to do it too. A noob is now someone who doesn't use punctuation.

It's you, noob.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Drezarazeem69
    122 posts Member
    edited November 2017
  • I tend to agree with the OP. I used to test potential arena squads in the last nodes to get a feel if they are competitive against the current meta. I cannot do this anymore.

On the other hand I also understand the frustration of having to play through 12 nodes which takes up a lot of time.

My solution would be to cut the amounts of nodes in half. Who really needs twelve of them? Six are more than enough.

One really easy one as a starting node like now. Nodes 2-4 in difficulty similar to 7-9 old style. Node 5 like old node 6 and make the final node a challenging one (if people complian make it like former node 11 or so). This would reduce the time wasted on going through nodes that you just auto. It would still allow for some TM build-up for those that need it but would also provide *one* challenge at the end that allows you to test stuff with a competitive counterpart.