How to beat this squad

Prev1
Ello_Asty
562 posts Member
edited February 2016
I was interested in hearing some other thoughts, opinions, and experiences. 99% of my Christmas-aged shard is running a very similar team using 5 out of 6 of these chars:

Phasma Lead
Sid
Daka
Poe
Lumi
Kylo

What kind of team composition do you think would be the ideal counter especially when your team is on defense (though I want to hear offense as well)? Also, what would be your order to take them out?
☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
Post edited by Ello_Asty on

Replies

• Predian
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Liam Neeson as lead, for speed and for his debuff ability (undo Poe's taunt)
    Lumi is your healer, benefiting from Liam's speed
    Someone with a big stick like Rey or the Princess to one shot Daka
    Someone else with a big stick to one shot Sid
    Another Jedi like Aayla or Kit to counter attack.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    QGJ (lead)
    Yoda
    Dooku
    Sidious
    Hoth Rebel Scout

All 5 move faster than Poe, Sid's aoe debuffs Rey b4 she can go. All 5 have some form/s of turn meter boost. The squads they run will have a hard time beating this squad even on defense. I run it and love it. It will change your shard's meta...bet :wink: .

I always...ALWAYS kill an opposing Daka 1st...and counterattackers last. Correction...if they run Maul and Daka...Maul 1st and 2nd if she insta-rezzes him, then Daka.

Just a fyi, but I have been top 5 on my shard for over a month and hold the #1 spot come 6:00 over 50% of the time. Christmas-aged as well. Who needs the holy trinity of tank, healer, dps anyways. 5 dps and speed, speed and more speed.

I left out a couple of speed demons for good reason. Leia wastes her 1st turn on defense and Anakin w/ QGJ is faster as well but he opens with a very weak aoe on defense. That and having 3 Jedi makes me feel too susceptible to opposing Dookus and Sids.
    Post edited by Poxx on
  • Options
    It is hard to beat that team
  • Options
    Nice. I'm missing two of those chars right now, though. Yoda and QGJ.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    @Predian @benacrow

We need to figure out how to dethrone Calvo on our shard. He has the only squad I can't beat in the top 5 (use to be able to take 1st before the speed update)For everyone else here is the lineup...

QGJ leader
    Yoda or Rey
    Poe
    GS
    Ben

All max obviously

Anyone found a f2p option that could beat this team? (Sid, lumi, GS, Poe, poggle) can't get it done.
  • Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    @Predian @benacrow

We need to figure out how to dethrone Calvo on our shard. He has the only squad I can't beat in the top 5 (use to be able to take 1st before the speed update)For everyone else here is the lineup...

QGJ leader
    Yoda or Rey
    Poe
    GS
    Ben

All max obviously

Anyone found a f2p option that could beat this team? (Sid, lumi, GS, Poe, poggle) can't get it done.

I have an easy time with calvo. The only one I lose to when I'm on offense is the one with the Chinese characters. Basically comes down to whatever happens with our Reys.

I assume I'm the easiest to beat on defense because I won't use Poe or obi or the genosian.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    As a side note, offense up trumps offense down, so QGJ, Poggle r both easy ways around Old Ben's aoe offense down.
  • Options
    I am an f2p player, and I can beat this team with Sid (lead), Daka, Poe, Poggle and Lumi.
    Btw it is a 6 member, and pvp only allows 5.
    Firstly I use this order to kill them: Poe, Lumi, Sid, Daka, Kylo, Phasma
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    Options
    How great it is to find shard colleagues @Predian and @Phipps !!! I have played several fights again your squads, I play "Freak of nature" in the server. I run Sid (L), Lumi, GS, Poggle and Poe. I'm 100% F2P, and this squad has been the only way I've found to stay in the top20, but with the new meta I'll have to adapt. Let's see what I can come up with. Any recommendations?
  • Options
    HalB wrote: »
    How great it is to find shard colleagues @Predian and @Phipps !!! I have played several fights again your squads, I play "Freak of nature" in the server. I run Sid (L), Lumi, GS, Poggle and Poe. I'm 100% F2P, and this squad has been the only way I've found to stay in the top20, but with the new meta I'll have to adapt. Let's see what I can come up with. Any recommendations?

My current project is savage but he is a really long way from ready.

In your setup i think another fast heavy hitter like Rey is more useful than poggle but I am far from an expert.
  • Options
    I deal with that team from time to time, first I sigh a breath of relief. No Doku in that group with Phasma. Pull out Sid, GS, i88, Poe, QGJ. Sid and GS go first and blow up Daka. Shout a hel l yeah she didn't reraise. Their Sid Aoe's. QGJ nails Lumi, i88/GS finish her. Poe coin toss. Most of the time I lose, QGJ dispells, buffs whole team I88 unleashes his fury AoE, win. I love this team setup.
  • NikPatel
    9 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I always remain in top 10 with Phasma(Lead), Lumi, poggle, sid and kylo. sometimes also #1. With this team you can destroy fully droid team also. Obyo all maxed. My dream team poggle(Lead), dooku, IG86, GS and FOTP.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    I'm building a rebel team right now. Once leia becomes farmable she will complete the squad. I don't think a rebel team is a top 5 squad but it will be a fun team plus good GW B squad. Plus when/if ships get introduced Biggs should instantly become a factor. I also assume one day there will be a rebel challenge so there's that as well.
  • Options
    Predian wrote: »

Aayla, Leia and Kit are Chromium only toons. Rey is hard to farm to 7*.
    Try suggesting obtainable characters in threads like this.

Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    To counter phasma i think amiral akbar is cool because he removes all negative effects
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options

Aayla, Leia and Kit are Chromium only toons. Rey is hard to farm to 7*.
    Try suggesting obtainable characters in threads like this.

He did ask for the "ideal counter" and if u r facing a 7* Yoda...very few F2P players have and a 7* Ben that no F2P players have, u may have to tap your wallet here and there. Paying players keep the game alive. Not that it shouldn't be competitive for f2p, but a P2P player has broader access, more toons to choose from, some r a bit more powerful etc. As it should be.
  • Options
    @Predian @benacrow

QGJ leader
    Yoda or Rey
    Poe
    GS
    Ben

All max obviously

I have an easy time with calvo. The only one I lose to when I'm on offense is the one with the Chinese characters. Basically comes down to whatever happens with our Reys.

I assume I'm the easiest to beat on defense because I won't use Poe or obi or the genosian.

Agreed that Calvo is a very hard opponent to beat on offense (for me too at least). I think a strong healer team would be the best to counteract his offense. I always see this other guy 'Alvert Squid Squad' somehow in the top 10 or even top 5 and all he has is Bariss(L), Lumi, JC, Daka, and Sid. I can take him out with all characters more than half health (even with no healers), but he always makes it pretty far in the rankings.

Anyways, I think I've got it down to where I can beat any team on offense that doesn't have Poe, but if they do, it all comes down to whose Poe acts first. I hate that it comes down to that one mechanic, but oh well. But that chinese character guy seems to always be 1 or 2 so that's annoying haha.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    @Predian @benacrow

QGJ leader
    Yoda or Rey
    Poe
    GS
    Ben

All max obviously

Agreed that Calvo is a very hard opponent to beat on offense (for me too at least). I think a strong healer team would be the best to counteract his offense. I always see this other guy 'Alvert Squid Squad' somehow in the top 10 or even top 5 and all he has is Bariss(L), Lumi, JC, Daka, and Sid. I can take him out with all characters more than half health (even with no healers), but he always makes it pretty far in the rankings.

Anyways, I think I've got it down to where I can beat any team on offense that doesn't have Poe, but if they do, it all comes down to whose Poe acts first. I hate that it comes down to that one mechanic, but oh well. But that chinese character guy seems to always be 1 or 2 so that's annoying haha.

I've never faced Calvo, so I'm not sure if I could beat him. Today I've been very lucky and finished 3rd at prize time, and I still was three hours later. I don't know if people don't attack me because it's easy and want to save me for later or because they don't want to mess with my team. Who do you play in the server @benacrow ?
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Predian @benacrow

QGJ leader
    Yoda or Rey
    Poe
    GS
    Ben

All max obviously

I've never faced Calvo, so I'm not sure if I could beat him. Today I've been very lucky and finished 3rd at prize time, and I still was three hours later. I don't know if people don't attack me because it's easy and want to save me for later or because they don't want to mess with my team. Who do you play in the server @benacrow ?

@HalB Are you Wookies n Cream? And I'm FN 2187. I've been around 10-15 to past few days but I'm still trying to max out my characters and hit lvl 70 (hopefully by tomorrow). If so, I think I've played your team a handful of times but I can't remember atm. Could you remind me who your squad is?

Also excellent player name ;)
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    Options
    @Predian @benacrow

QGJ leader
    Yoda or Rey
    Poe
    GS
    Ben

All max obviously

@HalB Are you Wookies n Cream? And I'm FN 2187. I've been around 10-15 to past few days but I'm still trying to max out my characters and hit lvl 70 (hopefully by tomorrow). If so, I think I've played your team a handful of times but I can't remember atm. Could you remind me who your squad is?

I play Freak of nature, I've fought your team several times. Wookies n cream has been in the top since the beginning. I could only make it once my Poe hit 5 stars, a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm trying to adapt to the new meta, but it will take a while. I have a plan though ;)
  • Options
    Here's the perfect example of what are you facing and how I dealt with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmcDeuo0ZZU
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Predian @benacrow

QGJ leader
    Yoda or Rey
    Poe
    GS
    Ben

All max obviously

I play Freak of nature, I've fought your team several times. Wookies n cream has been in the top since the beginning. I could only make it once my Poe hit 5 stars, a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm trying to adapt to the new meta, but it will take a while. I have a plan though ;)

@HalB Ah cool! Not sure if we're allies yet but hopefully yes. But yeah you have a very good team! I've faced you a couple of times with mixed outcomes, but always a tough one. And what's this secret plan you've got going? ;)
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My team is enough to kill any team with POE. i assumed you run Phasma Lead, Daka, Poe, Lumi, Kylo

Kill Kylo first then POE, Phasma, Daka , Lum.

ZTqJehu.png

Team i beat
    NIu0KIz.png
    HdvHU4p.png
  • Options
    @Predian @benacrow

QGJ leader
    Yoda or Rey
    Poe
    GS
    Ben

All max obviously

@HalB Ah cool! Not sure if we're allies yet but hopefully yes. But yeah you have a very good team! I've faced you a couple of times with mixed outcomes, but always a tough one. And what's this secret plan you've got going? ;)

Right now I am preparing for the next Yoda event, so farming jedis only except for galactic war because my Lumi is already 7*. My goal is to have a 6* Yoda, but I don't think I'll make it in time.
    After farming the jedis I'll get one more char that I haven't unlocked and we'll see how it goes. We are looking more than a month from now, so maybe the meta has changed again or another char is released that makes me change the plan again.
  • Options
    @Predian @benacrow

QGJ leader
    Yoda or Rey
    Poe
    GS
    Ben

All max obviously

Right now I am preparing for the next Yoda event, so farming jedis only except for galactic war because my Lumi is already 7*. My goal is to have a 6* Yoda, but I don't think I'll make it in time.
    After farming the jedis I'll get one more char that I haven't unlocked and we'll see how it goes. We are looking more than a month from now, so maybe the meta has changed again or another char is released that makes me change the plan again.

Ah cool! I'm doing a similar thing to farm Jedis but even 5* Yoda will be a struggle to get in time for me. But I'm hoping they do release a new char soon or at least change the meta because the full speed teams are boring already lol
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    Options
    @Predian @benacrow

QGJ leader
    Yoda or Rey
    Poe
    GS
    Ben

All max obviously

Ah cool! I'm doing a similar thing to farm Jedis but even 5* Yoda will be a struggle to get in time for me. But I'm hoping they do release a new char soon or at least change the meta because the full speed teams are boring already lol

Let's see who is the first whale to get Grievous in our server... I may not regret having farmed Eeth Koth after all.
  • Options
    I have ten thousand shard point things with no intent to chase more right now.
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    Options
    I have ten thousand shard point things with no intent to chase more right now.

Still not enough to even unlock Grievous my friend.

I have 45 shard currency hahaha
  • Options
    @HalB @Predian Do either of you know how the grievous shards will work? If it remains the same, you'll only be able to get 2 shards a day for the price of 300 tokens so yeah I'm hoping that changes...
  • Options
    It is already in the shard shop. You can get 45 shards a day for 10,125 currency (that's 675 regular shards you have to trade in).