What's Needed For Thrawn?

I have Hera, Ezra, Zeb, Kanan, and Chopper all level 85, 7*, Gear 8, with mk5 mods. Do they really need to be gear 9? That's absurd. I get to phase 4 with full protection and health and it's like they're immune to damage. They're all level 88. Why would you make Thrawn the most difficult character to acquire? I'm trying to get Ezra gear 9 but there's no way to get others there when they all need the same stuff mk5 stun guns, and carbantis. This event is totally killing my love for this game. I've tried over 200 times so RNG is not a factor.

Replies

• I used Sabine instead of chopper and finally beat it. They were G8
  • I'm in the same boat. I get to Thrawn with full protection and ability and I can't even dent the one toon that had taunt
  • I only have sabine 5* :'(
  • Well the strategy that worked for me was saving Thrawn for last. Kill the death troopers asap. I lost a few times using Sabine as well before doing this.
  • AKHatbloke2
    143 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Ezra, Sabine and Hera all need to be speed 200+ Zeb needs potency at 60% with 2,000+ protection and Kanan needs 2,000+ health and protection each. Borrow arena mods.
    With these stats g8 should cut it. But give as much extra level 8 gear as you can spare
  • I can try borrowing arena mods but it can't be that significant of an improvement to go from not being able to kill one to being able to beat it suddenly. I would think if I at least got close a couple times that would work. I'll try anyway and waste all my credits removing mods then losing track of who had what.
  • Gear 9 is ridiculous. I'm going to forget about. I would only use him in raids as my arena squad is rebels and will have cls soon.
  • Sunlounger
    18 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    im 9 shards short of a 7* Sabine just refreshed node 3 times......so 4 tries @ 5 each @ 240 energy and 250 crystals and ZERO shards, absolute joke EA and no sign of her in guild shipments!

edited for typos
  • Uh Nope. Arena mods did nothing. A waste of credits.
  • I got Thrawn 7stars last time with g8 Phoenix (Chopper not Sabine). When the event started I had omegas on all the uniques. The first few times I ran it I got nowhere. I upped some abilities and dropped a few more omegas on to them. Got closer but still no. Switched out my arena mods onto them. Won on the first try with the whole team still standing (Kanan went down but I had backup plan on him).

So g8 is definitely doable if you have good mods on them. Focus on potency for Zeb and Kanan, speed on Hera and Ezra. In addition: Zeb wants health as his unique increases everyones protection based on his max health. Kanan wants crit chance to land his offense down on basic. Hera wants potency to land exposes on basic.

Strategy: use ezra and choppers dispels to clear the buffs off the deathtrooper and the taunt off the stormtrooper. The deathtroopers have to be dealt with first. Use zeb and call him with assists to stun the one while you get the other one down. Try to get Thrawn to fracture Kanan, while Thrawn has fracture going don't touch him. Throw backup plan on whoever gets fractured (it still works with fracture). Kanan's offense down on his basic is often overlooked but its vital to surviving. You absolutely want this on thrawn if he isn't about to fracture so that he doesn't one shot anybody.

If you can get rid of the death troopers, then use zeb to stun thrawn while you work on the commanders. use ezra and choppers dispel to clear the taunt. But take down the commanders as they will heal. Then finish off the stormtrooper, then turn to Thrawn. Again, keep offense down on Thrawn while working on the troopers.

Hera is your main source of damage against thrawn through her exposes. Use Ezra to call Hera with his assist so that she can land an expose; this will sometimes call chopper with his assist too to activate the expose, and then ezra goes in for his hit. Use Hera to call Kanan to put offense down or Zeb to daze/stun unless the target is already stunned, depending on the situation. Thrawn can get taken down fast if Hera lands her exposes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Don't care anymore. I got Ezra up to gear 9 and still couldn't do it. My arena squad is up with no mods so have at it. I'm done.
  • Need to mod up with protection and health mods bigger the protection and health pool the more you get from there unique abilities.also in round 3 make sure ezra is at 80 % turn meter so in the last round he goes first and dispels the taunt so you can get right to taking out death troopers. Make sure all abilities are omega. You don’t need to zeta only need Ezra at gear 9 rest gear 8. Yes you are right stun guns for the the team is not worth the gear on them.
  • I did it with Hera gear 8 speed 182, ezra gear 9 speed 187, the rest gear 8 and average mods. Just needed the luck and now I'm so relieved.
  • Thanks for the tips though. Now i need to reclaim my arena rank.