Should of have left GW difficulty

It was honestly the only content I enjoyed other than events. Why not just a sim button for the ‘elders’ who didn’t want to do it? Earn the sim button after 100 completions or something like that.

GW used to have variety. I’d still see Zader or Zmaul or other teams. I also used to be able to battle teams above my pay grade in arena. Sure it would take time but I enjoyed it.

I feel like all I’m doing is grinding these days. I miss the old GW.

Replies

• Options
    No there’s too much new content to be spending that much time on old
  • Options
    Disagree.
  • Options
    So you liked grinding against unrealistic teams instead? No thanks
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    You could just do gw modless. Then you can have your huge time sink and I can be doing other things with my life.
  • Options
    As I said, add a sim button for those who don’t want to do it. It’s a joke now.
  • Options
    Territory war my friend!
  • Options
    I am looking forward to territory wars.
  • Options
    HK47_1974 wrote: »
    It was honestly the only content I enjoyed other than events. Why not just a sim button for the ‘elders’ who didn’t want to do it? Earn the sim button after 100 completions or something like that.

GW used to have variety. I’d still see Zader or Zmaul or other teams. I also used to be able to battle teams above my pay grade in arena. Sure it would take time but I enjoyed it.

I feel like all I’m doing is grinding these days. I miss the old GW.

The reality though is we don't have time now for this old content with TB LS / DS here and also TW coming...and I doubt the new content going forward will stop there.
  • Options
    HK47_1974 wrote: »
    As I said, add a sim button for those who don’t want to do it. It’s a joke now.

Use jawas, genosians, bounty hunters, Jedi. There, difficulty restored
  • Options
    :'(:'(:'(
  • xENDx
    21 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Lots of troll here too...

Agree with you i want old GW back too.
    I dont want to do the GW with some character i dont like, i gear up my favorite but now its worthless
  • Options
    I really dislike the new changes to GW. I ran through it the other day with just Kylo. One character should not be able to beat GW. I can understand dropping the difficulty a bit, but the current GW is a joke. Before GW was fun for me becuase I got to use whatever team I wanted from node 2 on until they couldn't go any further and beat the rest with general zarriss. It was a lot of fun using the different teams that I was working on. The easier nodes allowed me to see how they were supposed to work when they were fully geared and such, and the harder nodes either presented me with a fun challenge to break up the easy stuff or gave me a sense of how far I had to go. Now I can walk through GW with complete trash and all my fun teams beat it too fast for me to have any fun with them. GW used to be the closest thing we had to a sandbox mode, now it might as well have a sim button
  • Options
    I really dislike the new changes to GW. I ran through it the other day with just Kylo. One character should not be able to beat GW. I can understand dropping the difficulty a bit, but the current GW is a joke. Before GW was fun for me becuase I got to use whatever team I wanted from node 2 on until they couldn't go any further and beat the rest with general zarriss. It was a lot of fun using the different teams that I was working on. The easier nodes allowed me to see how they were supposed to work when they were fully geared and such, and the harder nodes either presented me with a fun challenge to break up the easy stuff or gave me a sense of how far I had to go. Now I can walk through GW with complete trash and all my fun teams beat it too fast for me to have any fun with them. GW used to be the closest thing we had to a sandbox mode, now it might as well have a sim button
    This.
  • Options
    No more buttons please. We have too many. Thank you. Oh btw, love the new GW. And to those who don’t like it then don’t play it. Lol

I'm still playing it because it's an extra 25 crystals per day. That's pretty much the only reason at this point
  • Options
    What would be great is a difficulty slider that each player could use for their own GW. That way those of us who want a challenge could slide the difficulty up and enjoy our GW and those who think it was a pain in the **** can leave their GW at the current difficulty and blast through it in between doing the gear challenges in two minutes with three characters
  • Options
    And to those who don’t like it then don’t play it. Lol

Weakest possible response ever.
  • Options
    -1 too much time spent in the game if they dint.
  • Options
    GW gives you more options now on "actually playing whatever toons you want now".

Unlike before...because nodes 6/9/10/11 were riddled with the same golden god teams of Luke, Thrawn,Kenobi,Baris,Nihilus,R2, Raid Han Solo. Teams like that forced the player to use their best squad which mostly consisted of your "arena team".

Now if I want to use my under geared Clones, Scoundrels, Ewoks, etc....I can now do so.

Before if I wanted to use my under geared, hardly used teams to fight those golden god meta teams I would get bent over and destroyed. So I had to play my best arena toons everyday just to beat the same teams on nodes 6/9/10/11.....yeah like that is so much fun.

Sorry if that's hard for you to understand OP...Galatic Wars is better off now than it as before.

If you want the challange, test you squads and/or want to face harder opponents....that's what arena is there for.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • Options
    GW gives you more options now on "actually playing whatever toons you want now".

Unlike before...because nodes 6/9/10/11 were riddled with the same golden god teams of Luke, Thrawn,Kenobi,Baris,Nihilus,R2, Raid Han Solo. Teams like that forced the player to use their best squad which mostly consisted of your "arena team".

Now if I want to use my under geared Clones, Scoundrels, Ewoks, etc....I can now do so.

Before if I wanted to use my under geared, hardly used teams to fight those golden god meta teams I would get bent over and destroyed. So I had to play my best arena toons everyday just to beat the same teams on nodes 6/9/10/11.....yeah like that is so much fun.

Sorry if that's hard for you to understand OP...Galatic Wars is better off now than it as before.

If you want the challange, test you squads and/or want to face harder opponents....that's what arena is there for.

You make it sound like everyone only has 5 characters good enough to fight those teams. I have about 20+ arena ready characters that I'd like to use in GW. But I can't because it's too easy. I got my favorite characters maxed because they're my favorite and the ones I want to use. Now you're telling me I can't use them, and instead I should use the ones I didn't max out because I don't like them. Where's the fun in that?
  • Options
    TW is not a replacement for GW.

With old GW we had to use some strategy to keep cooldowns ready for the next battle. That was the only part of the game where someone with a decent team had to think about the next move.

Some folks used to complain about how they couldn't finish the 12 nodes, but what is the sense to play a game without any challenges?