DSTB issue and response

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Hey we accidentally priced this item for $1 instead of $100

Anyone who purchases the item for $1 will be investigated and prosecuted per store policy

(Leaves price posted as $1)

This is actually not that strange, well appart from the not changing the price immidiately after discovery. I believe a webstore won in court not too long ago for something similar.

There is actually a legal precedent for this situation if you want to get technical. Either buyer and seller can agree to terms of mistake and settle, usually at a discount, or the seller can claim it was a clear mistake on the part of something out of their control, and they can claim full damages. In some circumstances, it is rewarded, other times no. They have to prove they did everything to correct the issue, immediately upon discovery, and that it would hurt their business model in general, either reputation or monetary damages.

If territory wars was immediately shut down upon discovery, it is different altogether. In this particular case, were all playing phase 4 right now. . . Days later. .

Different laws for each country i guess. I googled the case, in the netherlands when it's unreasonable for the buyer to think the pricetag is correct, they don't have a leg to stand on in court.
    In this particular case the webshop had a bed on sale for 24 euro intead of 240 euro, normal price was 319 euro.
    Sort of comparable with 3 starring every territory eventhough your guild only has 50m GP.
    However, when the buyer couldn't have known within reason that the listed price was an error on the website, the seller is obligated to sell the item in question for the price listed.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • **** this is my first time posting in the official forum and it’s to complain when I have normally so many good thing to share about the game... I agree fully with what Scuba was saying in this thread introduction.
    I realized tonight I did spam the deploy characters button because it wasn’t working generally it’s because someone else in the guild is trying to put a character at the same time as me but normally I have an error message and the points are not supposed to register ... so here I unwillingly used this exploit ... and that doesn’t make me feel good at all !

This TB has been a disaster and is really ruinning not only the 2nd year anniversary of the game but also the whole efforts guild masters and officers are putting into the game. We run a 111m GP guild / 41 stars TB light side game and for this TB all I can see is a lot of our coordination effort ruined by what seems to be a rushed update that wasn’t tested enough. It’s a shame really and a very sad time for the game. I am sure the developers are also feeling bad about this and I hope CG will be able to find an appropriate solution to this.

If it happens that many guilds have cheated just take it at face value accept the fact you should have tested this more and cancel the whole **** thing with an appropriate consolation price and a message that will warm our old/young gamer hearts.

In advance thank you !
  • Since telling all my fellow guild members about CG's threat all of them seem to be avoiding the Territorial Battle. It is a bit annoying our guild has to suffer like this, but better that than CG acting like a bull in a china shop with their ban hammer. Oh and no I do not trust them to be able to detect those that did the exploit by accident and those that did it on purpose.

The safest option for everyone it so leave Territorial Battles alone, CG will soon get the message if no one is playing that game mode.
  • Btw I'm little suprised that game changers aka1 YouTube's folks are quite silence about it, is it cos mcmole? They sad they are not afraid of criticism.. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see any and we know how they are fast
  • Maegor wrote: »
    So to add to the bugs list, guilds are reporting veers and snowtrooper in platoons in p4 even though they are needed for CMs.

@Maegor not only that, but in the previous phase, cad bane was in platoon 5 north; same area that we needed bounty hunters in.

• DS TB getting worse every day.. S.H.U.T I.T D.O.W.N
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Btw I'm little suprised that game changers aka1 YouTube's folks are quite silence about it, is it cos mcmole? They sad they are not afraid of criticism.. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see any and we know how they are fast

it's pointless though, so why would they? If they have the ability to advice ea/cg on this issue, it's probably not a good idea to do so via a public yt vid. I would fire them for sure if they made a vid about it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Yeah cool idea to release a super buggy mode and then threaten to punish people for your mistakes. Yay! Happy thanksgiving!
  • I would fire somebody else tbh
  • DSBT should be cancelled and everyone gets an awesome prize and they fix all bugs for next
  • Did what ????
  • Whole thing is a disaster. Shut it down.
  • This is a pattern I see.

People cry for new content.
    Devs give new content
    People cry about new content.

Its not a perfect world people. To much entitlement.

Go and live in ethiopia for a week. A problem in a mobile phone game will soon be the least of your problems.

To everyone that comes to the forums and complains endlessly I say to you this....

Go and give a homless person some food.
  • I'm with every1 else on this...

Take responsibility for your kittens sandwich and shut it down/fix it.
  • Simonchelsea
    9 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Do they stop taking our money when they are on holiday? Nobody knows what is going to happen! surely they can afford to pay one person to work the holiday to keep the people paying there wages up to date? The rest of us still have to work when we are needed. Come on CG if you want our money at least give us some sort of customer service, not acceptable to give no update for this long!
  • Wait til everyone sees that the special mission for p5 is 6 star bounty hunters...after the first bounty Hunter SM I think there will be fireworks tomorrow. Hey at least the battlefield 2 disaster was fixed quickly...this is as usual a dumpster fire due to the personnel involved.
  • I think CG should own their buggy programming and not threaten players who unknowingly trigger the bug. Bugs are EA/CG responsibility they should be ironed out before deploying an update . Paying players are NOT beta testers and should not be treated as such.

CG’s QA department is non existent. This should be clear from all the bugs that are in EVERy single new update they push out. Either fire everyone from QA and own it and fix the bugs OR give people their money back for paying and playing your game. Threatening players is NOT the way to go.

I triggered the bug unknowingly, I first thought my guild leader had somehow blocked some players from contributing to platoons. I asked in chat and was told this was not the case. So I tried repeatedly. Today I found out I was number 1 in my guild (I am usually 7th). This is NOT my problem, CG can not blame me for their developer’s mistakes. Fire the developers if they cannot do what they are paid to do.
  • Give us money but don't use the glitch we put in the game and can't be bothered to fix or we'll ban you. I can't believe there are still some sheep out there that believe that this is completely fine...
  • Nobody cares that it's thanksgiving apart from the people who run this game! We all deserve a response about the punishment that is going to be handed out for there completely unprepared content. Because it is obviously our fault for exploiting it and not their fault for releasing unprepared content, just don't rush it for an anniversary get it right and we will spend the money when it's ready
  • I don’t really care it’s Thanksgiving! This is a multi million dollars business. Get your yourselves into the office and sort this mess out!
    Nobody cares that it's thanksgiving apart from the people who run this game! We all deserve a response about the punishment that is going to be handed out for there completely unprepared content.

Really??? My god. Get over yourselves.
  • I think I'm at the point where they can have Thanksgiving off, I hope they have some great time with family and friends, I really do.

Whenever they get back in the office after the break there will be a lot of stuff to sort out and players to answer to, let's hope they are all well rested.
  • So the glitch only really take 1 or 2 people to achieve so how exactly will people be punished? By guild or individually? Am I not gonna get any rewards if someone in my guild decides to go ahead and use the bug? Cause that seems unfair whether or not TB is a mess I've dedicated time into playing combat missions and deploying etc,
  • The guild with the most stars in TB has less than 82M GP. Can we please have action?
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Jamesm wrote: »
    I don’t really care it’s Thanksgiving! This is a multi million dollars business. Get your yourselves into the office and sort this mess out!
    Nobody cares that it's thanksgiving apart from the people who run this game! We all deserve a response about the punishment that is going to be handed out for there completely unprepared content.

Why do they always launch new game modes on a holiday?! they did the same thing with LS TB if i remember rightly. its there own fault, could have just waited to launch it when they can be around to deal with things like this and address the players, its obvious there would be issues
  • Holy crap! My guild has 80mil GP and we only have like 17-18 stars
  • Zaraos wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »
    I don’t really care it’s Thanksgiving! This is a multi million dollars business. Get your yourselves into the office and sort this mess out!

Why do they always launch new game modes on a holiday?! they did the same thing with LS TB if i remember rightly

I'm not saying this isnt a mess or that some better planning should have been done in regards to a holiday but because an exec wants the game mode pushed ppl should have to work over the holiday? Be a human.....
  • The problem is now a bunch of people are unknowingly triggering the exploit for 10mil TP.....R i g h t!
  • Yes because you aren't using the exploit
  • Wait until after the tb