DSTB issue and response

Replies

• The Rebel Forces don't need the strafe gun at all. Dark Side Characters are not as strong as Light because Developers for the past year have given nothing to the Dark Side and almost every thing to the Light Side. DSTB Rebels need to be toned down even more. The Bounty Hunter Events are a joke. These are Bounty Hunters not Super Strong CLS. Please tone it down or start giving Dark Side Characters lots of rewrites. Starting with Bounty Hunters.

Oh while you are at it, add the Gomorean Guard to GW Please.
  • Metroplex79
    832 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    scuba wrote: »
    I really enjoy Platoons. Mostly because it's "Guild Bingo".

My gripe is that it leaves some DS Toons out, or limiting their "Platoon-ability".

In Phase 4 (at the time of this post), out of the combined 180 slots (15 per Platoon x 6 for both top and bottom):

-Dooku shows up twice
    -Daka is a no show
    -NS Initiate is a no show
    -NS Acolyte is a no show

Not sure if every Guild's TB is the same, but my "Rear Trenches" (bottom) has 2 Platoons that look like this:

>>> 3 Tarkin, 2 TFP, 2 ShoreTr, 2 Krennic, 2 DeathTr, and 2 StormTr
    >>> 2 Tarkin, 3 TFP, 2 ShoreTr, 2 Krennic, 2 MagmaTr, and 2 RG

I'm not going to bother counting how many the ones above show up in the other 10 Platoons.

There are a grand total of 60 DS Toons plus Wampa. Then you have to minus the DS Toons that are Required, thus excluded from all the Platoons in that Phase, which are at the current Phase 4, Veers and SnowTr.

Is the RNG for Platoon generation that bad, that a Toon does not even show up once?

Even with all my perceived bias, marketing strategy, and new premium Toons, I can understand and forgive putting a few in the last 2 Platoons more than once.

How can anyone enjoy platoons? I hope that was sarcastic...

1. Platoons take away characters use in battles
    2. Platoons delay actually performing battle
    3. Platoons make another chore for Guild leaders as they have to go thru and use out of game tools to figure out which ones the Guild can and can't complete
    4. Platoons make more work for guilds because you have to chase down people to give up those good characters that they are trying to hold onto

The abilities platoons give could have been done many different ways. The way they did it is lazy and boosts their behind the game stats so they can say players are now x% of their roster I the game now.
    I'm weird.

You Combat with your best, Platoon, then Deploy with the rest.

Staying with Empire TB with a simplified example:
    -Guild with 35/50, each person with just 100 Toons ===> 65 LS (Rebels :p ) & 35 DS
    -Most Phases require max 20 Toons for Combat, so each player is left with 15 DS Toons. Yes, not all will meet the Star requirement for Platoons, so let's lowball and say only 5 out of those 15 leftover are "Platoon-able".
    -You can still have 15 x 5 = 75 Platoon'ed. That's 5/6 filled. It's a lot of bonus TB points added for that Phase.

Not every player in your Guild has exactly the same roster, even if you tried. The randomness of shards from nodes and Bronziums, F2P, Dolphin, etc.

Yes, for those Guilds who are smaller and weaker, they would not be able to achieve as much as a bigger and stronger Guild. So they're going to have to really coordinate their Guild tightly. Another strategy could be some players focus on Platoons first, and other focus on Combat first.

I'm sure the Guilds with 50/50, each player has 2 million GP, and each player has 125+ Toons has a lot easier time, and don't need intense chasing.

Don't forget the purpose of TB is to be a long term function, so as long as your Guild is growing stronger, achievements will be easier.
    ======================================================
    Note: I'm not in a powerful Guild, just 35/50, but with only 18 typically shows up, 3-4 actually dedicated players, 4 with GP over 1 million, but none more than 1.6 million GP. Yeah, we have a lot of part time casual players.

Since the very first TB, we have gotten better. Though just an increase from 9* to 11*, but overall TB Points Contributed has been increasing slowly.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • It's all done to extort crystals to build all the DS units. I just finished up my NS team and it's crazy how just building that 1 extra team permits flexibility in giving up Empire units for platoons. Gave away TFP, DK, and Thrawn today no issues. Having Magmatrooper viable with Imperials is a big help in that unit, as is having Sith to work with a zDV lead. Sith (SA, SiT especially) seem critical for flexibility to use DV as a Sith lead rather than Empire. Working on KRU / FO, so that will make it even less of an issue to give the empire units. However...I believe I saw this was suggested by Scuba before...but why can't we still use the units platooned in battle? Such a downer to not be able to use the toons we built specifically for combat. I don't get the logic in that for a game...bad design.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm very frustrated with the platoons in this dark side territory battle. We need a lot of Deathtroopers, Krennic, Talzins, zombies, new first order pilot, other troopers, yet not a single Talia or non pay-walled nightsisters, and only a a few Geonosians. Same as yesterday. Only a handful of droids too, and no non-paywalled first order. My guild can only complete a couple of the platoons out of 6 for each territory today as a result. When we need about 8 each of the most useful dark side characters, and only 1 or 2 at most of the other characters then that's just too uneven.

Platoons should just be scrapped all together when they are only serving as a purpose to drive more money out of players instead of to enhance the battles. Please CG, just scrap them since they are too skewed and not fair at all.
  • Today’s zone wants 7* - 18 Tarkins and 7 Mother 5 Palpatine 6 Royal Guard and 4 Thrawn. Then a spattering of garbage
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Just had a nice fifteen minutes trying to kill two opponents with zKylo, ended up losing it. It’s no wonder Empire lost the battle of Hoth, them brothers are real sons of kittens.

Still trying to find the fun in that. Maybe with G13?

Rant? Obviously. Merry xmas.
  • Oh I’m sure you boys will love when I tell you wampa is now in platoons so you can add that to the list of platoons they won’t be filled
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    Oh I’m sure you boys will love when I tell you wampa is now in platoons so you can add that to the list of platoons they won’t be filled

That was announced in the last update notes like it was a good thing
    Imperial Retaliation Platoons Update
    The Wampa has joined the ranks of the Imperial Retaliation platoons! Muster your forces and bring your Wampa to battle in order to destroy the Rebels and remove their blight from the galaxy.
  • Maybe I'm the only one who gets bothered by this but why oh why do we have dark side attackers fighting light side troops who can heal and remove debuffs at the blink of an eye and then you lose half of your dark side team of a bomb shell or mortar shot out of nowhere. The event is tough enough without getting constantly shelled and bombed, just let us fight troops against troops.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Oh I’m sure you boys will love when I tell you wampa is now in platoons so you can add that to the list of platoons they won’t be filled

That was announced in the last update notes like it was a good thing
    Imperial Retaliation Platoons Update
    The Wampa has joined the ranks of the Imperial Retaliation platoons! Muster your forces and bring your Wampa to battle in order to destroy the Rebels and remove their blight from the galaxy.

You got 5 wampa shards for x-mas... That should help

That and a sense of pride and accomplishment.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Bludmetal wrote: »
    Maybe I'm the only one who gets bothered by this but why oh why do we have dark side attackers fighting light side troops who can heal and remove debuffs at the blink of an eye and then you lose half of your dark side team of a bomb shell or mortar shot out of nowhere. The event is tough enough without getting constantly shelled and bombed, just let us fight troops against troops.
    The death whistle is even worse.
    Love how rebel nobodies can saw through G12 sith.
    Brilliant!!
  • @LordEmperor Finally I've found you. This is probably off-topic but looking to reconnect you on Discord. Can we talk somewhere?