GW absurdly more difficult pre-85 after update: please add your experiences

V0l0
14 posts Member
edited November 2017
Since the update rolled out, Galactic war was changed and is now significantly easier for level 85 players, we know this, it was an intended change.

However, as a result, GW has become significantly harder for pre-85s, with many people getting stuck at node 7 facing teams at significantly higher levels, with full mods, and gear several tiers above what they have.

Something seems really screwed up.

Please share your experiences here. Screenshots would help if you have any.

Replies

• Illicits
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm a new player who started yesterday and this was my 1st GW when I was level 40
    Edit: dann I can't put it from my table but I was facing level 60 toons with prtection and today was even worst when I had to face level 55+ on the very first node. Not fair!
  • Have two accounts. One 83 and one 59. GW has gotten tougher, but I still manage to complete it on both accounts.

Harder on my main. I can take out nodes 1 thru 9 (sometimes 10 and 11) with my highest powered toons (Phoenix squad which just got me 7* Thrawn). But they cant finish it. Then I switch over to my Arena team (Wiggs/Chaze). I think Phoenix could finish it with my Arena mods.

My alt is running a NS team. If it wasnt for Zombie and MT, I would be in trouble. None of my other characters can really accomplish anything in it. Working on Phoenix squad, and once they surpass my NS, I should be ok.

It looks like you will need good teams that are very synergistic to complete it. Definetly wont be able to throw any toons together at random. And those teams will need be your most powerful toons.

Right now I am liking GW. Instead of having to be careful with my strategy on 3 or 4 nodes, I am fighting a tough fight on most nodes. Makes it more challenging. And makes me consider more carefully which toons get leveled or gear next.

Anyway, yes tougher, but not unbeatable. It is taking me more time to complete it, which is a smaller annoyance. Instead of breezing through it in the morning, I do a few nodes as I log in for bonus energy, raid starts, and arena and ship battles.

• I have a thread up on this as well (you can look it up if you want) and yes I totally agree, I think the balance is a bit bonkers now.

It would be nice if GW provided an adequate challenge for everyone at every step of the game. It shouldn't be too easy or next to impossible for anyone, regardless of whether they are 50, 70 or 85.

Right now GW is definitely very brutal for people who aren't capped. I was 68/69 and constantly faced 80+ characters and teams with great gear starting from node 1. Really wears your roster out and by the time you reach node 9 you're hurting hard.
  • Today I got to 6 and yesterday 7, last week I got to 3. I spent 19.99 last month on this to speed up upgrades etc but with it so broken I'm not doing that again. I've been playing between 2 and 3 months now an I'm up to lv72. I should be getting to 10 almost every game with beating 12 every couple of weeks given luck and averages. That's been my experience until recently. It's no longer fun.
  • Wow, friend just hit a level 74 player in node 10. Friend is level 44, that is a 30 level difference, including mods and gear too.

@Morigen tell me that makes sense and is all right, no amount of strategizing will break that barrier.

Lower level players especially ones who just started are getting on average to node 6 or 7, itll take several months to 7* a gw character. They wont be able to get biggs for chaze for anling time unless they go for him in cantina....
  • BlackWidow
    17 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Yeah i'm lvl 73 and i have full squad of purple 7 stars i just lost 2 characters in the FIRST mission XD

i usually completed it 3-4 times/week, but now im struggling to even get to mission 6/7

simply kitten
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • V0l0 wrote: »
    Wow, friend just hit a level 74 player in node 10. Friend is level 44, that is a 30 level difference, including mods and gear too.

@Morigen tell me that makes sense and is all right, no amount of strategizing will break that barrier...

I am confused about why you are asking me to tell you something makes sense?

The title of the thread asked for us to share outr experiences, and thats what I did. If you only wanted people to share experiences that were bad, that should have bern requested as well.

My level 59 hasn't had anything above level 75 yet, and as I am running NS with mods with speed secondaries (and speed arrows), I haven't (yet) come across a team I couldn't handle. As my Phoenix team surpasses my NS team, I may be in a different situation. But for know, it is ok for me.
  • Nothing has been changed on the difficulty for lvl <85. Check the update notes : the only change is capping the power for lvl 85 players.
  • zankioh
    21 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Nothing has been changed on the difficulty for lvl <85. Check the update notes : the only change is capping the power for lvl 85 players.

Sorry, but this is not true. If you were under level 85 you would know this. GW has completely changed for all of us who are lower level. It's entirely different now.

For example, before the patch I've never seen any phoenix teams or DN/vader teams. I now get those constantly.
    Not only that, but before the patch the difficulty was more of a "ramp up" with nodes 6, 9 and then 11 and 12 being harder than the others. Nodes such as 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 etc. were "refresh" nodes that let you breathe a little bit and save cooldowns, or heal up. This is no longer the case either, I've instantly had lvl 80+ teams on the very first node or similar ones despite only being 68 at the time.
    Other people of my level range will be able to confirm what I am saying, GW has become a LOT more difficult to complete.

• Im very interested in DEVs comments. The problem exists. No point in denying it or pretending its not there.
    Im only wondering whats a higher priority for them to fix. GW for low levels or Dark TB for 85s.

Id vote for a rollback to a previous GW version until proper testing and debugging is completed
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    Nothing has been changed on the difficulty for lvl <85. Check the update notes : the only change is capping the power for lvl 85 players.

Thanks for pointing that out. That only proves that current GW behavior for under 85s is unintentional
  • Ambassador wrote: »

I don't believe that is true, there are numerous first hand reports of significant difficulty changes to GW for sub-85 accounts once the update dropped.
  • Morigen wrote: »
    V0l0 wrote: »
    Wow, friend just hit a level 74 player in node 10. Friend is level 44, that is a 30 level difference, including mods and gear too.

@Morigen tell me that makes sense and is all right, no amount of strategizing will break that barrier...

I am confused about why you are asking me to tell you something makes sense?

The title of the thread asked for us to share outr experiences, and thats what I did. If you only wanted people to share experiences that were bad, that should have bern requested as well.

My level 59 hasn't had anything above level 75 yet, and as I am running NS with mods with speed secondaries (and speed arrows), I haven't (yet) come across a team I couldn't handle. As my Phoenix team surpasses my NS team, I may be in a different situation. But for know, it is ok for me.

You are correct, and I apologize, I am not trying to fish for bad experiences, but good as well, as you have provided.

I just got frustrated because you're pointing to a non-farmable team (do you have either of talzin/spirit/zombie?) that new players do not have access to anymore. I'm happy that you're still able to complete it though.

It's just a little bit annoying that this change was not announced and without very specific teams (often behind paywalls) the increase in difficulty is hampering new players' progression.
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Pre update it was good with few opponents higher than my level about 10 levels higher occasionally..But now m facing teams with over 20+ levels higher in about 5 to 7 nodes per day..That is pretty ridiculous..
  • I’m level 80 and today my last two nodes were a full 85 all maxed less zeta Phoenix squad and a full 85 g10/11 chaze wiggs leia :/ (didn’t beat the last team)

Before path GW was pretty much easy win for me. It’s definitely gotten harder but today was just bad. Hoping it was just RNG and not the norm.
  • SW_moskva
    22 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Nada
    Post edited by SW_moskva on
  • Ulic_24 wrote: »
    I’m level 80 and today my last two nodes were a full 85 all maxed less zeta Phoenix squad and a full 85 g10/11 chaze wiggs leia :/ (didn’t beat the last team)

Before path GW was pretty much easy win for me. It’s definitely gotten harder but today was just bad. Hoping it was just RNG and not the norm.

Well you had your ‘easy’ times, now it’s other’s. Get over it.

Seriously? What a pos attitude. Max level players Need the rewards least of all. Leveling players are just building up their character and ship base, this affects them more significantly more than leve 85 players' time.
  • I’ve been playing for a few months and started winning GW regularly because I made a deep group of characters not just one squad. Now I can’t even get close in GW. I have spent a fair amp by if money but won’t be soending anymore. This update has killed the game for me.
  • I see posts about no changes below level 85. That is not accurate.
  • Used to get full clears 1/3 of the time, always at least 11 clears. Now at level 65 I can barely get through node 6.
  • That's message, loud and clear, for anyone eveywhere and no matter what: Farm resistance.
  • I get into trouble as early as node 6 now. Last one I barely managed but was then unable to complete 7/12.

Now I'm again met with a really strong opposition from node 4+ onwards, this was never the case under the old system that had easy nodes inbetween the hard nodes. Now all nodes are tough, right from node 1.