It's not that CLS is broken, it's that Empire is too hard to farm...

Ever since September as more and more people geared their CLS, arena was changed forever. The game has been dominated by CLS teams and everyone has been complaining and rightfully so. Although CLS is a completely balanced character, the lack of counter play makes him appear even more powerful than he is.

What I'm talking about is the lack of Empire teams who can take on those CLS teams. I have seen examples of players who have CLS and his friends but don't even use them in arena. Instead they use their Empire teams and perform even better.

Empire is strong despite people constantly complaining about them being bad. The reason why they complain is because they fail to realize that Empire needs specific characters to be strong. They need shoretrooper, deathtrooper and Krennic. Of course your emperor palpatine, your snowtrooper and your royal guard won't cut it against CLS. This doesn't mean that Empire is not strong.

The problem lies to the fact that these characters are too difficult to farm and most people don't wanna commit their resources to farm them. Krennic and shore are insanely difficult to get with just one hard node each and a 20 energy cost on top of that. That's a farm of an average of 2 shards per day! Which is almost half a year to 7 stars.

Deathtrooper on the other hand being in expensive cantina node isn't ideal especially since the game forces you to farm CHS and other legendary toon required toons. Just look at my previous post about cantina characters.

The result is no counter teams for CLS and how can you blame people for not committing to 6 month long farms or postponing their legendary toons to get deathtrooper?

In lue of dark side TB and for the sake of diversifying arena we need more accessible ways of farming these characters. Lastly i wanna talk about nightsisters.

They are another answer to beat some if these meta teams however they are not the easiest to get. Zombie and Talzin are still premium characters not obtainable by F2P. Acolyte is a cantina toon, although cheaper still takes a month or 2 to farm.

We simply don't have easy access to any decent dark side teams that could go head to head with CLS and this hurts the game...

Replies

• Be patient or spend money.
  • LOL @ CLS a completely balanced character
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Ever since September as more and more people geared their CLS, arena was changed forever. The game has been dominated by CLS teams and everyone has been complaining and rightfully so. Although CLS is a completely balanced character, the lack of counter play makes him appear even more powerful than he is.

What I'm talking about is the lack of Empire teams who can take on those CLS teams. I have seen examples of players who have CLS and his friends but don't even use them in arena. Instead they use their Empire teams and perform even better.

Empire is strong despite people constantly complaining about them being bad. The reason why they complain is because they fail to realize that Empire needs specific characters to be strong. They need shoretrooper, deathtrooper and Krennic. Of course your emperor palpatine, your snowtrooper and your royal guard won't cut it against CLS. This doesn't mean that Empire is not strong.

The problem lies to the fact that these characters are too difficult to farm and most people don't wanna commit their resources to farm them. Krennic and shore are insanely difficult to get with just one hard node each and a 20 energy cost on top of that. That's a farm of an average of 2 shards per day! Which is almost half a year to 7 stars.

Deathtrooper on the other hand being in expensive cantina node isn't ideal especially since the game forces you to farm CHS and other legendary toon required toons. Just look at my previous post about cantina characters.

The result is no counter teams for CLS and how can you blame people for not committing to 6 month long farms or postponing their legendary toons to get deathtrooper?

In lue of dark side TB and for the sake of diversifying arena we need more accessible ways of farming these characters. Lastly i wanna talk about nightsisters.

They are another answer to beat some if these meta teams however they are not the easiest to get. Zombie and Talzin are still premium characters not obtainable by F2P. Acolyte is a cantina toon, although cheaper still takes a month or 2 to farm.

We simply don't have easy access to any decent dark side teams that could go head to head with CLS and this hurts the game...

No he's just broken.
  • F2P doesnt mean you will be a dominate player.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    F2P doesnt mean you will be a dominate player.

F2P means you shouldn't be locked away from characters who have been around for almost a year.
  • Unlocking them was free with events at least, well not Thrawn but five stars isn't that hard to get
  • Wow yes. Everything yes OP. Very well thought out and communicated. I would actually be running empire, but since most of them are 5* still it's a no go.
  • ItsKen wrote: »
    LOL @ CLS a completely balanced character

He is actually, I have no problem beating most CLS teams with my Rex lead, kenobi, thrawn, r2 and raid han. I can't beat the top tier moddez teams but my team isn't modded for the top. So for those cls that do have the same tier mods as mine, i beat them easily.

I just defeated a full gear 12 team of cls, chirrut, baze, raid han and ahsoko fulcrum with the team above and my only g12 toon is kenobi.

So yeah CLS isn't as op as you think, I've seen empire teams easily hold top 1 arena
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    Unlocking them was free with events at least, well not Thrawn but five stars isn't that hard to get

5 star characters are no longer a thing for arena. You cannot get a character to gear 12 without 7 stars any more. You may get away with 1 5 star toon in your team but no more.
  • LordDirt wrote: »

That's messed up.
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

F2P means you shouldn't be locked away from characters who have been around for almost a year.

Exactly, the point of p2p is to get "early access" to characters, not exclusives
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Unlocking them was free with events at least, well not Thrawn but five stars isn't that hard to get

5 star characters are no longer a thing for arena. You cannot get a character to gear 12 without 7 stars any more. You may get away with 1 5 star toon in your team but no more.

Doesn't matter - they don't need to be gear 12 to dominate.

I have a nightsister team around my rank in arena:

7* MT (L with zetas & G 11), Ventress, Daka and Talia (all 7* G11) and then zombie (G11 but only 2*!!!)

They decimate my CLS team, its crazy!
  • Boo wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Doesn't matter - they don't need to be gear 12 to dominate.

I have a nightsister team around my rank in arena:

7* MT (L with zetas & G 11), Ventress, Daka and Talia (all 7* G11) and then zombie (G11 but only 2*!!!)

They decimate my CLS team, its crazy!

Nightsisters are that good because of the acolyte-zombie mechanic. They are a special case. If you are using 2 legit teams and one is gear 12 and the other g11 missing stars then you are certainly at great disadvantage
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Krennic is a much easier farm now that he's in the guild store. I've gotten 20 shards in the past five or six days.

Furthermore, the game doesn't force you to farm CHS, not by a long shot.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Krennic is a much easier farm now that he's in the guild store. I've gotten 20 shards in the past five or six days.

Ohh it doesn't? How come? Did I miss something?
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    ItsKen wrote: »

He is actually, I have no problem beating most CLS teams with my Rex lead, kenobi, thrawn, r2 and raid han. I can't beat the top tier moddez teams but my team isn't modded for the top. So for those cls that do have the same tier mods as mine, i beat them easily.

I just defeated a full gear 12 team of cls, chirrut, baze, raid han and ahsoko fulcrum with the team above and my only g12 toon is kenobi.

So yeah CLS isn't as op as you think, I've seen empire teams easily hold top 1 arena

Wow you dont have a problem beating CLS with a team that has R2, Thrawn and Raid Han, wooooooowwwwwwww, who would have thought?
    Yeah have to be kidding right?
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Ohh it doesn't? How come? Did I miss something?

I've yet to have my phone auto farm him.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Well, you're right and you're not. Empire also needs amazing mods to work against the current meta. I have them all 7*, but I can't get away with a 230 speed thawn and the rest slower, but I still can win with those mods on a meta team ( I play at the top of arena)
  • Migux7 wrote: »
    ItsKen wrote: »

Wow you dont have a problem beating CLS with a team that has R2, Thrawn and Raid Han, wooooooowwwwwwww, who would have thought?
    Yeah have to be kidding right?

If you don't have CLS and you don't have r2, raid han or thrawn then you have no right complaining, you are probably where you should be. Just farm savage and barriss.
  • My thrawn empire arena team eats CLS teams for breakfast. Wiggs chaze And cls teams are all I ever seek out.
  • Empire is hard to farm? The faction has been out since I started playing over a year ago. You just ignored them
  • Empire is hard to farm? The faction has been out since I started playing over a year ago. You just ignored them

I mean i don't know why I bother replying to you. Didn't you read the part where i say that you need specific toons? Yeah Krennic and Shoretrooper are HARD to farm. And yeah Deathtrooper is HARD to farm. Am I saying something crazy?

If having vader, Palpatine, tarkin, tfp and royal guard were enough to beat meta teams then the game would have been abandoned
  • I’ve been farming shoretrooper since June. 5/85 to six stars. It’s so slow. Went 4 days straight once getting 0 on all 5 sims.
  • I’ve been farming shoretrooper since June. 5/85 to six stars. It’s so slow. Went 4 days straight once getting 0 on all 5 sims.

And that's if you are strong enough to 3 star his node which is by far the hardest of all the nodes...