Phasma + Dooku too OP

Prev1
kickn4fun
70 posts Member
edited February 2016
Ok, another day of this, and I'm uninstalling this game. It's become apparent that once you hit the high 50's, into 60, you HAVE to spend money to be competative. Because you level up too fast as F2P to gear up enough.

The last couple of days, I've encountered the team combo of Phasma lead with Dooku. When Phasma team bonus procs every time the enemy attacks, and Dooku goes 4-5 times a round, this becomes unplayable. I've lost a 6 star Fives in 1 round.

The last couple of days, I've just spent all my energy grinding NEW characters, and it's put me several levels higher than I need to be for the characters I have. I'm not spending any money to level up my characters, so unless anyone has a suggestion, it's good bye for me.

Replies

• Scorpion1980
    246 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @kickn4fun what is your squad you are using? your lvl?
  • kickn4fun
    70 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I am level 60, and I have:
    6* Lumi
    5* JC
    6* Fives
    6* Sid
    4* IG
    4* Phasma
    4* Daka
    4* Talia
    And a few more, all the starter characters. These are the ones I've worked on the most. I usually use a combo of the top 5, rotating the others in to try different combos for heals/support.
  • Every time someone opens a OP/nerf thread.

The force kills a youngling.

please think of the younglings
  • kickn4fun
    70 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm saying the combo, with the abnormal amount of assists Phasma gives the AI, mostly Dooku, it's OP.
  • Focus on your main five until you hit level cap and then branch out. Your main team really doesn't have any synergy and is pretty squishy.
  • Mods pls
  • Therein lies your problem, JC. Take him out of the lineup and IG has no synergy in it. I would run Phasma L
    Lumi
    Sid
    Daka
    Fives

Try to work on them and see how it goes
  • Ok, but as I level up, so does the enemy. I'm leveling way faster than I'm gearing up. And encountering leveled / geared teams.

So now what do you suggest?
  • Definitely run Daka!

#teamdaka
  • Scorpion1980
    246 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    my opinion, you need a glass canon to be able to almost one shot dooku, someone like genosian soldier with his assist, plus he is very fast 149 speed, great crit damage, try not to attack dooku with jedi's unless it will be a finishing kill hit, i would say for now use:

phasma (lead)
    sid
    fives
    lumi
    JC

unfortunately using 2 jedi in a team vs dooku is risky, but thats the strongets highest star team you got currently.

fives has amazing hp, plus he has counter and assist almost a dooku mirror, i wish i had fives, he's great.

try to mostly go for glass cannons (high dps) characters first, leave the low dps toons for last. hope it helps

ya maybe run daka vs dooku rather. 2 jedi vs dooku too risky
  • Use as many reg energy refills as possible to gear those 5 up. Get shards for each of them next but the priority is gear
  • Ok, I'll give that a try. But Daka is already dead for today. What about Ashoka? I have her, 2*, but not fully leveled up, and she's at gear level 6.
  • No she's too slow and only 2* will get you lower so fast. If you don't want to go daka then QGJ is your answer as he is one of the best character atm.
  • Hmmm... A character that has a chance to grant extra attacks on each ally turn, and an ally that gains turn meter and 15% bonus dmg when he attacks outside his turn (with a chance to attack again). Sounds like synergy to me. Because it is.

I've been running phasma/dooku/Daka/Kylo+x for a while now, and I know RNG can make this team very annoying. However, meta teams seem to have no problem beating me, since I used to be top 5 then 10 and now I'm struggling to get to the 20s.

On paper, it sounds like a recipe for OP complaints, but straight dps and speed is far better. (Think Rey, GS, Leia, etc.)
  • Actually, I run Daka and Ventress. Both very "stunning" ladies. Add my own Phasma in there, plus Sidious and Kylo who can block healing.

Admittedly, I don't play anyone in Arena that has Phasma as a leader with Dooku also on the team. But that's just because I can choose. I don't have a problem winning against that combo on the other battles and Galactic Warfare.
  • Phasma lead with Daka. When Daka's secondary stun hits Dooku burn him down.

Not sure I understand what your problem is regarding leveling. If we're talking arena then your opponents get better the higher up the ranks you go, regardless of your level. If we're talking GW then your opponents are based on your overall team power, not your level. At no point is your overall account level a factor in which teams you face. The individual levels of your best arena toons will factor into which teams you face in GW insomuch as their power goes up as they level. However stopping leveling as you try to catch up in gear isn't going to help much, as those toons' power will also go up with each piece of gear they get.
  • No she's too slow and only 2* will get you lower so fast. If you don't want to go daka then QGJ is your answer as he is one of the best character atm.

Sorry, I meant after leveling her up, is she worth it?

• Quick, somebody create a GIF if Dooku perpetually attacking with a 'bonus' attack. =P
  • Its not them its you, im sorry.

But based off of what you have to work with i think you should try to level the following to become competitive (Im mostly F2P and ive been ranking 1-3 since hard launch)

(L) Phasma
    Sid
    Lumi
    Daka
    Fives

I would switch out one of those healers in the future for a glass cannon like Rey,FOTP,GS,86
  • kickn4fun wrote: »
    Ok, but as I level up, so does the enemy. I'm leveling way faster than I'm gearing up. And encountering leveled / geared teams.

So now what do you suggest?

That was my mistake to. Gear actually enhances a character more than level. Make sure Lumi and at least one top attacker are fully geared.
  • Moved to character feedback section
  • Phasma and dooku combo is death by a thousand attacks. I usually 1 hit kill dookzter w my lumi's special or any call assist special (GS, 86, qgj). He has low HP so that is his disadvantage. They are an annoying combo and noticed that in arena, i tend to stay away from the two specially if both are geared and starred. But come to think of it, they are not that hard to beat with the right team. I just stay away coz of the annoyance factor.
  • kickn4fun
    70 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Ok, I see most of you are under the impression that I'm referring to arena battles.. my bad. I'm talking about GW here, I guess I didn't make that clear enough.

So if you encounter a Phasma - Dooku - Sid team, who do you go for first?

My Lumi and JC are gear level 7, the highest of all my characters, the rest are level 6. I'll have to work on my Daka then; should I work on her over Ashoka then?

Also, does GS drop shards anywhere other than chromium packs?
  • Def not there are teams that can destroy this combo.
  • In the words of the Immortal "Curly Bill" Brochous from Tombstone, "...well, bye!"
  • I loathe Nerf Queens. Quit ur whining and build up some characters to balance the ones you are whining about. For the love of the almighty, wuss bags give it a rest.
  • kickn4fun wrote: »
    So if you encounter a Phasma - Dooku - Sid team, who do you go for first?

Depends...I usually try for Sid first then Dooku, unless I can take Dooku out with a couple attacks immediately(and minimize his counter).

Dooku is annoying as is Sidious, but Sidious does FAR more damage by putting a healing immunity on characters, and he has an AoE that you don't want to get hit with twice.

Priority: Sidious
    Secondary: Dooku
    Last (wo)Man Standing: Phasma

Also, for the record, IF they have Old Daka in addition, remove her FIRST! She causes way too many problems with Stun and Revive.
  • Regardless of how you decide to build and move forward the only advise I can really consider is think of long term when you hit 70 what team do you want as your All-Star team. Even if that means abandoning someone your working on to go for someone else. Figure out what team synergy you want and go from there. Personally I went all out Jedi and once I got Yoda5* as lead with 4 Jedi & Poggle. Duku/Sid/Daka/Phasma are no loner a real threat. You really gotta love Jedi though, it is a very heavy investment...
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • There is a reason such a huge % of people use Phasma in arena, she is op as hell because the AI makes her proc WAY too much. Couple her with some other toons like Dooku/Daka and it just gets ridiculous.
  • Phasma is not being used in Arena. Top teams are now leaded by Sid & QGJ & HK47.
    Go figure how OP she is.