A positive thread

I'm only gonna say this one time.

Do you expect everything in life to be sunshine and kittens?

Many seem to think that the pinnacles of truth are things they are not... IN FACT, the only timeless law that has ever existed, the only real business model that has ever existed is that...
"the strong devour the weak"...
always...
just today as your sipping that Starbucks mocha-snowflake-achino your drinking the fruits of mans dominance over the helpless coffee beans, you eat food put in front of you by the same principle, you use an electronic device forged in the remains of others. Your entire existance is at the price of something else... at a microscopic or macroscopic level. The details are inconsequential, and mean nothing individually in the cogs of the machine. The product will sell... because it is an efficient and entertaining alternative to the brutal truth we all know but try to supress... our primal instinct to kill or be killed... which is the premise of this game, all other games and literally almost 100% of everything we do in our daily lives, be it business or pleasure, law or philosophy.

Many hear some negative comments and try to sell stock short, good for you if you profited from this endeavor, then your no different than the ones you condemn, if you lose your investment, then you only prove that the weak are devoured by the strong.

Bottom line is that we are all so lucky to live in a time where you don't have to kill to survive, or get your next meal, to have such wealth as an individual and as a whole that we can enjoy a game designed to entertain, and do so completely of our our free will, nobody is forcing you to play or spend money. And nobody is dying from your indulgences in this game.

This game and CG has done nothing but capitulate to our every demand again and again and again.

Yet so many are ungrateful for everything and feel entitled to everything.

I challenge everyone reading this to take a moment to reflect upon this... that we are the most fortunate generation of humans to have ever existed, we are at the top of the food chain, we are not being invaded by Yuuzhan Vong, a droid army, or strapped in an imperial torture chamber.

So in conclusion, and in a spirit of gratitude and thankfulness...

Thank you EA, CG, all the devs, moderators, the entire SW gaming community and anyone else left out for making this game the most successful mobile game ever...

Replies

• I literally stopped reading this after the first sentence

• Mullato wrote: »
    I literally stopped reading this after the first sentence

Me too
  • Man, so many things wrong with your post OP. But grats to you for liking the game how it is I guess...
  • This post made me sad

Lol Likewise.
  • I read about 5 words and realized it was a long winded, blow hard post.
  • Haha this is a morbidly kinda-positive post. Gave me a chuckle and some perspective though. lol
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »

This game and CG has done nothing but capitulate to our every demand again and again and again.

GG rework
    Raid ticket counter
    Sell back excess gear
    General information in a timely manner
    Jedi rework
    CUP nerf

Other people can add more.....
  • The lack of CUP nerf is the one that really rustles my jimmies.

Wish i had

This
    https://swgoh.gg/u/dorianblade Discord: DorianBlade#6090 Ally: 547-174-177
  • giphy.gif

Doesn't he ever get full?
  • Gratitude is the key to happiness and goodness.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I'm gonna add that a lot of people here on the forum moan about Dev communication. Yes it could be better I agree, but I have to hand it to @CG_Kozispoon , she has constantly reported and updated the playerbase with respect to the issue around the DSTB rewards - even when there was nothing to really report...yet.

She wants us to know that she is looking after it and doing everything she can - I thank Kozi for her efforts, which have certainly not gone unnoticed.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »
    I didnt read the entire thing but got the jist I think.

Lots of people criticize for the sake of it. But I think in this case as it relates to the DS TB issues. Its extremely warrantied. A challenging encounter is one thing. But to make it near impossible is another. DS already had limited toons capable of delivering the same level of completion that LS brought. Which was our only metric to go by.

If EA/CG had sad from the jump that this wasn't meant to be a 1 person dominates all in every area and rather expect that some guilds would need to divide power to do platoons while the others do CMS and others still do Special Ops. We would have understood that this was gonna be a completely different style of TB.

The fact is the elites over heal and buff to fast for DS toons to get in any dmg, there specials are overly OP while players platoon attacks are weak. Hell you can't even get rid of the rebel straffing until P6.

And lastly did EA not learn anything from the battlefront 2 disaster? They make it so platoons are impossible to fill unless 1/5 of the guild has access to a bunch of P2P characters. Which means F2P guilds are completely iced out. Does EA really want this to be a national story so soon after the original loot box disaster? To completely cut off the F2P guilds from getting any boons from platoons is Unacceptable. Period.

I expect EA/CG will review the data presented in this TB DS and make the necessary corrections. I think there lack of empathy (and I don't mean to apologize) but this is supposed to be the official EA forums they need to get rid of the corporate posturing on posts and get real with players. I don't need a corporate response and I dont think anyone does. What we want is legitimate feedback from EA/CG that says we hear you and are running it up the flag pool.

Naturally EA was QUICK to point out the exploit and state emphatically any person exploiting TB DS will be punished and then with a smug response says I hope you enjoy the challenge. Really?! How disconnected are you to the players. Its actually pretty sad. I love the game I pay to play but this is just getting out of hand. EA/CG needs to come back to planet earth.

Agree.
  • UrbanSpacemanKAL
    2450 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Loose_Lee Making people realize how lucky they are is like convincing girls that they are pretty. You can say it all day every day, but it only comes true when they come to it on their own.
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...