The best characters

Does anyone know if there are more meta LS toons than DS?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    more LS currently.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • LS: Chirrut, Baze, CLS, Raid Han, GK, R2, Barriss, Biggs, Wedge, Rex

DS: Thrawn, Nihilus, MT

Biggs amd Wedge are kind of outdated atm. But from the meta of my shard that's how things look.
  • Looks a little light for the DS on your list Weaver. How well is the DS faring in their TBs versus the Rebels?
  • Zolaz wrote: »
    Looks a little light for the DS on your list Weaver. How well is the DS faring in their TBs versus the Rebels?

Harder. The good toons are locked behind legendary or are end farm games. Thrawn=legendary
    Nihilus=either hard node 8 or 9
    Talzin=2 year farm event only
    You can make decent teams but you won't be top 10 with darkside.
  • Zolaz wrote: »
    Looks a little light for the DS on your list Weaver. How well is the DS faring in their TBs versus the Rebels?

As decently as any well geared team vs waves of AI.

I can share anecdotal summaries:
    Latest phase has my maxed NS doing well (arena), clearing 4/4

Empire did 4/4 but was tight.

Sith did 3/4.

But in general, DS is the weaker one in terms of both Arena Meta toons, and number of toons.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    TB and meta are two different things. Resistance for example is amazing in LS TB, yet not so much in arena.
    What will work best in DS TB aren't necessarily the current DS meta toons.
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Dark Side: Death Trooper, Krenic (very good combo against Rebels)
    Shoretrooper, StormTrooper( Two of the best tanks - shine in Empire)
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    check these links
    https://hydra314.github.io/SWGOH_ranking_table/ranking_tables/rankingtable.html

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

I love both
    The upper one ranks all characters in 5 ranks, easy to understand, and very comprehensive

The lower one shows what teams the top arena rank players registered in swgoh.gg use for their arena. Very objective, statistically valid with a large sample pool, although doesn't give much info for beginners who don't have p2p or legendary characters
  • Why are there so many better LS toons than DS?
  • Judging by this weekend, this game hates the Darkside. I don't know how Vader isn't the DS version of CLS. I don't know how two rebel pilots are better than the Emperor.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Zolaz wrote: »
    Why are there so many better LS toons than DS?

probably because LS are the "good guys" and are better for marketing purposes.
  • 90% of players is fan LS = 90% money to developers
  • E00N wrote: »
    90% of players is fan LS = 90% money to developers
    And the other 10% are a big fan of Wampa and Thrawn but not a huge fan of Vader?
    I don't think so..
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    E00N wrote: »
    And the other 10% are a big fan of Wampa and Thrawn but not a huge fan of Vader?
    I don't think so..

Wampa and thrawn being more powerfull is due to powercreep, wich is, for a large portion, also money driven. It also keeps the game interresting instead of just always having the most powerfull figures in the sw universe being the most powerfull characters ingame.
    All things ingame are money driven, it's as simple as that. Luckely for the players, a fun game brings in the most money. Unfortunately for the players not all decisions made to increase revenue are in fact more fun though.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    leef wrote: »
    E00N wrote: »
    I don't think so..

Wampa and thrawn being more powerfull is due to powercreep, wich is, for a large portion, also money driven. It also keeps the game interresting instead of just always having the most powerfull figures in the sw universe being the most powerfull characters ingame.
    All things ingame are money driven, it's as simple as that. Luckely for the players, a fun game brings in the most money. Unfortunately for the players not all decisions made to increase revenue are in fact more fun though.
    True and all agreed
    But the bottom line is the current vader is too much outdated and it needs to be in the priority list for the rework
  • It is a shame that CG doesnt care about the DS toons as much as it loves all of the LS. Would be nice if DS was viable and able to fight and compete against the LS.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    LS: Chirrut, Baze, CLS, Raid Han, GK, R2, Barriss, Biggs, Wedge, Rex

DS: Thrawn, Nihilus, MT

Biggs amd Wedge are kind of outdated atm. But from the meta of my shard that's how things look.

If Chaze amd Wiggs are still considered META, then surely the remaining NS to go with MT in a NS team.
  • Perfxion wrote: »
    I don't know how two rebel pilots are better than the Emperor.

This killed me. With laughter and with tears.

• leef wrote: »
    All things ingame are money driven, it's as simple as that.

There's a really, really good reason for this :smiley:

• Not too far off the topic of best character but my question to ask is on General Grevious... a year or 2 ago he was a pain in the **** to obtain (Especially on a F2P account lol) so in my mind either he is a very good/dangerous character or an entire waste of time. Which is it currently? Plus i feel he should have a capital ship and a Zeta of some form... guy is the jedi killer lol to be honest I only went for him cause of Tank Raid Grevious... thought he'd have the same effects as a playable character but only to find he is highly Nerfed in comparison, Now me personally im Biased about this cause Grevious is my favorite in all Starwars but should he be more powerful?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Frostwave wrote: »
    Not too far off the topic of best character but my question to ask is on General Grevious... a year or 2 ago he was a pain in the **** to obtain (Especially on a F2P account lol) so in my mind either he is a very good/dangerous character or an entire waste of time. Which is it currently? Plus i feel he should have a capital ship and a Zeta of some form... guy is the jedi killer lol to be honest I only went for him cause of Tank Raid Grevious... thought he'd have the same effects as a playable character but only to find he is highly Nerfed in comparison, Now me personally im Biased about this cause Grevious is my favorite in all Starwars but should he be more powerful?

currently a complete waste of time, but that might change in the future. With the emphasis on "might".
  • He's dog's muck.