Krennic VS Nihilus in Thrawn team

Hey guys, I currently run a thrawn arena team, zzThrawn, zDeathtrooper, Shore trooper, stormtrooper, and krennic. Would I be more successful in arena vs those cls teams if I used nihilus over krennic?

Replies

• I've seen videos of this team working on offense in arena on YouTube. I don't run empire, the farm is way too insane for it. Maybe search it on YouTube? Nihilus will just kill himself with AOE's so that's not the answer
  • In the current meta, no. Krennic is far better then DN. DT is the star of the show, so anything that gets him more turns and increased survivability is huge.
  • I'm running that team for now. Nihilus is nice when you can control him, otherwise his AoE triggers counters. You should only use his AoE when either Storm or ShT is taunting, which is not the case on defense, so he's either destroyed by the counter or stunned.
    In the usual CLS + Thrawn teams, CLS and Thrawn neutralizes your 2 tanks. So Nihilus will get counters when draining force.
    Now, I usually switch depending on the opposite team. Against GK Bariss, it's a very good team. Against CLS, Krennic is better and I'll switch to him in a couple of days when I can put his zeta on DT.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I play with Krenic. I dont use DN. One of the reason why Krenic is better is 40% more defense for Storm. It is important for Empire that Storm has his full defense bonus. Second reason is synergy with Deathtrooper and damage bonus against Rebels and debuffed enemies. Also Krenic has crit imunity so he can do aoe even if tanks dont taunt. Risky but he will survive.After this DT is going again and can heal Krenic. R2 in opposing team is helpful to win more easy. Every dmg from burning on Krenic can give 100% tm to DT. That is huge advantage. That is why I dont dispel Krenic from Burning.
  • I ran your empire squad since June. Against rebels, your current configuration is better. I dropped stormtrooper in favor of nihilus when facing GK/zBariss teams however just to maintain sanity.