What is one team, any team, that my po-po-gs-8688 team can not beat?

There are no "whales" on my server, except for one guy with QGJ, Leia, Ben, Lum, Poe at 7 stars, and he's easy at 80% win chance.
I am curious, because, that's what I want to build next

Replies

• if you run into another Poe team, it will be a coin flip, his Poe taunts first, you are finished.
    if you run into a high speed team, QGJ lead, with Yoda, Lumi, Dooku, GS or Rey, 4 of his toons will take out one of yours before your Poe can taunt, you are finished.
    Other than that, you can do well.
  • I guess a team whose all 5 is faster than you poe, such as QGJ, Rey, GS+ some fast Jedi and perhaps even Sid.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Sysy wrote: »
    I guess a team whose all 5 is faster than you poe, such as QGJ, Rey, GS+ some fast Jedi and perhaps even Sid.

Your right, that's my team I have no problem with Poe by time he taunts 1-2 opponents are dead QGJ debuffs offense up and it's usually over.
  • Stuns tend to wreck my droid team. I stay away from daka and dooku teams, also agree with the 2 above, qgj speed or anyone with a poe is a coin toss.

I'm working on replacing poe with lobot. Hopefully this can bring my droids pace up to beat a regular poe droid team, as well as hopefully pushing the qgj teams for pace.
  • The AI is dumb, that's why you can beat other teams. Any fast dps team can beat your team. QGJ (lead), yoda, Rey, GS, Dooku. They can kill the Ig's before they can make a move.
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    There is actually enough characters now that I believe any decent concept team of 7* geared toons can beat any other considering your playing against a terrible AI. There was a team like yours holding its own on our leaderboard until the last update. He struggles now to stay top 5 and has been trying some new line ups.

Latest teams are mostly QGJ, GS, Yoda and a pick of the other toons faster then Poe. I'm one of the few in our top 10 still running Phasma as a lead. I've got her, Poe, St Han, Sid and Daka. They do pretty good.
  • RNG and poor AL controls give your team a chance to beat anyone....include those you shouldn't typically beat. I think we run the same team (Poggle, GS, Poe + droids). If I have a mirror match it's a 50/50 toss up for who's Poe taunts first. Against a high speed team my win % is also probably around 50%, maybe a bit higher.
  • yes, thanks all. Ofcause, I have been building fast team consisting of fastest all attackers along the side. Mainly farming: QGJ, Aniken, Rey, Dooku, 6th star yoda, FOTP as old habit.
    As my resources allow, I can only double speed either Anikin or Rey. What would you say is better with QGJ lead?
    Also, is FOTP viable in the new meta line-up, or there is simply no place for him?
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    What if you swapped Poe for QGJ?

if this was directed at the OP, QGJ would not be very useful for his team; because QGJ leader ability only benefits Jedi.

• I didn't know that defeating AI is something to be seriously bragged about
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Sadly, 99% of teams are easily beaten. It boils down to timing your arena matches before reward time. AI is incredibly handicapped. It will target Poe while not touching i88 which is a horrible mistake.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Fast teams like QGJ(L), Yoda, Dooku, Sid, Geo. Add Leia or Anakin in place of any of those. Those are the really difficult ones for Droids
  • AI is intentionally crippled so movement in arena rankings is governed by crystals. And so that lack of balance is far less of an issue.

It's clearly intentional as
    Recoding AI to attack character with least help remaining would in general produce better results.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I run the same droid team. In my experience, there's only a few teams that I run into issues with:

1. Phasma (leader), FOTP, Old Ben, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Poe.

2. Qui-Gon Jinn (leader), FOTP, Old Ben, Poe, and either Dooku or Daka.

3. Fellow HK (leader), 86, 88, Poggle, Poe teams (or slight variations thereof).

And even then, the issues I face come down to RNG (usually decided by which Poe goes first).

That's why with the new speed meta I restructured my droid team. Dropped i86, Poggle (time wasted for buffing in this high speed/damage meta isn't worth it anymore especially if you lose Poe turn QGJ gives you Poggle buff anyways) Now I run with Sid, GS, QGJ, i88, and Poe. Now it's no longer a coin flip, even if I lose the poe turn, I still win 99% of the time.
  • Yea I stay top with the Droid team still. Pretty much any team that my Poe can get taunt off before someone gets killed I win. Have even had one of the droids die and still won. That Poggle buff + ig88 aoe really destroys teams.

I'm the only one in my top 10 not level 70 so occasionally get stopped, mostly stun teams get me. I hate when I see a full gear fotp because he will usually kill someone if he gets a turn off
  • bbmiLo wrote: »
    if you run into another Poe team, it will be a coin flip, his Poe taunts first, you are finished.
    if you run into a high speed team, QGJ lead, with Yoda, Lumi, Dooku, GS or Rey, 4 of his toons will take out one of yours before your Poe can taunt, you are finished.
    Other than that, you can do well.

I solid team w Poe and a weak are never decided by the taunt. Only equal powered and designed ones. Any two similar teams are coin flops by definition

• Droid team is pretty bad on defense. All you need us qgj + 4 one shot ig88 it's pretty much over.