Are these toons any good?

Ok. I'm level 64 and hang around 500 in Arena rankings. Want to move up.

Here's my starting squad:
7* Sid (lead)
7* Lumi
5* GS
4* FOTP
4* Lando (sometimes sub in 5* Phasma for her buffs).

Anything I can do to improve? I have the following toons, many of which are level one, but I wonder who to level and start gearing for use in the Arena. Also, I really don't want to spend any more cash, so I do not want to level too many unfarmable toons:

4* Eeth Koth
5* Cad bane (not farmable)
4* QGJ
4* Daka
5* Maul (not farmable)
4* Poe
4* Aayla (not farmable)
3* Dooku
3* Talia
3* $__t Fisto (not farmable)
3* IG-86
3* Ahsoka
3* Resist Trooper
4* Vader (not farmable)
4* Obi Wan (not farmable)
3* Leia (not farmable)
3* FO Officer
2* Resist Pilot
4* Grand Muff Tarkin
2* Teebo
3* Hoth Rebel Soldier
2* Ewok Elder

I left a lot out, but those are the candidates. Who is the hidden ARENA gem?

Is Obi Wan or Vader worth leveling/gearing at 4* only? how about Maul at 5*? 3* Leia any good since nerf?

Any potential Arena dark horses like Ewok Elder, Teebo, RP, HRS?

Should I get QGJ, Poe, and Dooku up to snuff for arena?

Thanks, broughs! pew-pew!

Replies

• Im currently in the process of getting my Poe ranked up and ive jumped a fair bit sinse in arena. imo Poe would be a good choice
  • Lando is cool but he is also not farmable so he is kinda garbage. Get your QGJ up, he is awesome and his leader ability is great! Daka is a great toon as well but she is farmable in the squad cantina as well as QGJ, so the choice is really yours. Good luck!
  • TommyFresh wrote: »
    Lando is cool but he is also not farmable so he is kinda garbage. Get your QGJ up, he is awesome and his leader ability is great! Daka is a great toon as well but she is farmable in the squad cantina as well as QGJ, so the choice is really yours. Good luck!

Thanks. QGJ seems kind of squishy to me right now, and he doesn't hit very hard. but I only have him at 4*, so I assume he gets better.

Love Daka's stun. Comes in very handy.
  • Stick with Sid, Lumi and GS

Put in people that are easily farmable, Phasma from GW, pick QGJ or Poe from the cantina, I would go QGJ, but Poe is still really good in the arena

I am in the top 10 everyday as a Free player with Phasma, Sid, Lumi, Kylo and Poe

Working on QGJ and GS now
  • Put Phasma as your lead right now to get FOTP going with the assists until you get the others up
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    Put Phasma as your lead right now to get FOTP going with the assists until you get the others up

I struggle with Phasma vs. Sid in the lead all the time. I have settled on Sid, because of the crazy Crit damage I get. Almost every strike is crit. Very helpful with the cannons and Lando.

Once I level up Phasma, I will rotate her in sometimes and see who does better. I just can't stand Phasma's non-existent attack damage. Yuck.
  • If you're rolling with FOTP and Lando which are hard to level you're just hurting your team IMO

You have so many options, gear up your Poe to top speed and your current team becomes so much better, get Lando out of there, at least with Poe you will be able to keep FOTP alive and him and GS wreck
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    If you're rolling with FOTP and Lando which are hard to level you're just hurting your team IMO

You have so many options, gear up your Poe to top speed and your current team becomes so much better, get Lando out of there, at least with Poe you will be able to keep FOTP alive and him and GS wreck

I loved Lando, but I do believe he got the Nerf in the last update. (denied up and down on this board, but hits for considerably less with his AOE attack). You are correct. If I can't level him any further, I will swap him out for Poe and see how it goes.

With Poe in there, i might even be able to take out Lumi for another DPS candidate. Rarely get to heal anyway, and with Poe taking damage for 2 turns, maybe a harder hitter would be better than Lumi. Just a thought. Anyone hit harder than Lumi? Maul? QGJ? 86? RP?
  • Poe will be fine at 4 for a while, work on QGJ, he is a damage dealer, him and GS together is nice with Poe protecting

Lumi at 7 star is to good to sub out right now for you, get the other guys up first, her force blast with ability block comes in handy, unless you want to get her out then do it
  • 86 is powerful, slow, so you will need poe, works great with Poggle
  • Yeah, you've got a ton of talent to work with.

QGJ and Daka - one of these guys needs to be in there and farmed to 7* ideally, both of them

Hoth Scout, Poe and Dooku are also very good

I'd try working towards something like:

Phasma (lead), GS, QGJ, Dooku, Daka
  • concentrate your efforts, get a good team of 5 maxed out, then get more guys complete and experiment.