Dark TB final phase dialed to 11!

The healing, cleansing, foresight’s and taunting tanks with retribution were nigh impossible today! My ZKylo played that rebel officer and his instant 100% health regens for a long time before I quit the mission. There was no way to take him out.

I get making the game a challenge, but this is painful. This is from someone with a gp over 2mil, in the top 50 in arena.

Replies

• Me too! I posted same thing below. This is just redic
  • Pretty kitten I know. This TB is so terrible it’s laughable.
  • That’s the point. Most aspects of this game are more based on the strength and depth of your roster. Rather than strategy. This creates an environment that encourages players to spend money. The one aspect in the game that took some strategy(galactic war) was nerfed because it took too long and didn’t create any incentive to spend money. On a side note. The guild “wallet warriors” on my shard seem to be doing pretty well. Go figure.
  • Problem is most of us don't have well geared empire teams yet. A good G11/12 team has no problems with these 4 rebel waves.

Something that doesn't help is all the P2W toons in platoons. We were unable to complete any platoons in phase 6 because all needed tons of nightsister zombies/ghosts/talzins making the special missions twice as hard.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I blame platoons. There was atleast 1 p2p character in each 5/6 platoons in phase 5 and 6, so my guild wasn't able to get even the lowest bonus from platoons. Battling in phase 6 without any platoons is rather difficult.
    With platoons it's probably do-able. I don't think they need to nerf particulary phase 6 just yet, I enjoy the challenge.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I'd say the biggest struggle Dark Side TB has is lower number of overall characters compared to light side. Light side platoons aren't as bad to fill because there are plenty of light side characters to pick from. Since Dark side has less it leads to more of the same characters in platoons. This wouldn't be a problem if we needed 15 Royal guards or magmatroopers. But needing 15 TFP's is crazy.
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    Problem is most of us don't have well geared empire teams yet. A good G11/12 team has no problems with these 4 rebel waves.

You must having been facing very different squads to the ones I did on wave 4 in phase 6. I had full health and mostly full prot on a zader, tfp, palpy, thrawn and dt squad (all g11 with g12 thrawn) going into wave 4. Two were dead before I had a turn, and then my 100% potency palpy landed exactly zero stuns on his aoe. I only got one more turn in the wave before everyone was dead.
  • DracuLaura wrote: »
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Problem is most of us don't have well geared empire teams yet. A good G11/12 team has no problems with these 4 rebel waves.

You must having been facing very different squads to the ones I did on wave 4 in phase 6. I had full health and mostly full prot on a zader, tfp, palpy, thrawn and dt squad (all g11 with g12 thrawn) going into wave 4. Two were dead before I had a turn, and then my 100% potency palpy landed exactly zero stuns on his aoe. I only got one more turn in the wave before everyone was dead.

Also go check Reddit. There were several people posting about full Zeta G12 with armatech getting completely toasted on wave 4.

Personally I had a zader, zid, zylo, boba, zihilus team on mid (Boba and zihilus are G12 the other's 11) and I BARELY made it to the 4th wave in the mid dark side mission. before getting killed without getting a turn.
  • album_cover_1
    24 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    I'd say the biggest struggle Dark Side TB has is lower number of overall characters compared to light side. Light side platoons aren't as bad to fill because there are plenty of light side characters to pick from. Since Dark side has less it leads to more of the same characters in platoons. This wouldn't be a problem if we needed 15 Royal guards or magmatroopers. But needing 15 TFP's is crazy.

This problem will quickly fade away at p4 and beyond for 99% of guilds as chances are likely you won't be able to fill ANY platoons (or just 1 platoon at which point might as well fill none since you won't get 2/6 bonus). If your officers are coordinating well, they should be prohibiting unnecessary platooning of any toons and therefor everybody should have the full power of their roster at their disposal. For phases 1-3 I agree it can be pretty rough. But once they fix CM TP awarded, guilds should be able to brute force 3*s in said phases through sheer deployments.
  • leef wrote: »
    I blame platoons. There was atleast 1 p2p character in each 5/6 platoons in phase 5 and 6, so my guild wasn't able to get even the lowest bonus from platoons. Battling in phase 6 without any platoons is rather difficult.
    With platoons it's probably do-able. I don't think they need to nerf particulary phase 6 just yet, I enjoy the challenge.

I think this is pretty accurate. We couldn’t do any platoons either. Then that AOE slaughters everything.