Let's Wait For the Cake to Bake Before Saying it Tastes Bad

Prev1
That's a saying my mom used to say with just about anything she put in the oven.

We would smell it, see it, and immediately jump to conclusions.

I think we should apply this to this Dark Side Territory Battle.

It's obvious that it has some issues. Some HUGE issues. That goes without saying and there's no need to rehash all the problems with it.

But instead of slamming CG/EA - let's wait until it ends and give them the opportunity to makes things right and correct it.

The mods on this forum are going to do what they're going to do regardless - so throwing a fit here does nothing. Instead - why not be positive? See if this gets made right and then formulate an opinion.

I'm just saying, everyone makes mistakes and things never go 100% as planned. So instead of throwing a fit about what's happening now, why don't we see if they fix things now that we've beta tested the DSTB for them?

Replies

• MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    gtelBA.gif
  • Exactly! Far too much negativity on this forum. We all get it was rough, let's allow CG the opportunity to get it to the point they originally intended.
  • Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
  • I think reactions may have been different if they just sent an in game email baked up by a post on here saying “here’s a thanksgiving gift... get early access to DS TB... this is effectively a beta version, and everyone will be a given a fixed reward once it’s done, rather than the stated rewards... direct your feedback to this place for bugs, this place for gameplay, this place for diffficulty etc”.
    Instead, the only real comms we’ve had from them was “oh there’s a really bad bug which if you exploit it, you’ll get an unfair advantage so do this and we will find you and ban you. Happy hols”.

I don’t disagree with the OP but they could be far more helpful in fostering that kind of reaction don’t you think x
  • Moved to TB:Imperial Retaliation.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    If the cake smells like a burning flaming mess while it's in the oven. I'll pass
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    tumblr_lzpq1wueei1rq535ko1_400.gif
    kid-shoving-face-into-birthday-cake-scrubs-gif.gif
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    Moved to TB:Imperial Retaliation.

Why? It's a general question regarding the community, not necessarily specifically directed to TB.

Why bury a discussion?
  • Broxxor wrote: »
    Ambassador wrote: »

Why? It's a general question regarding the community, not necessarily specifically directed to TB.

Why bury a discussion?

It’s pretty clearly about DS TB’s so is in the right place. I don’t think anything’s being buried here, it’s pretty obvious where to find discussion about each of the TB’s
  • Coolhand_Luke
    217 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Ely wrote: »
    If the cake smells like a burning flaming mess while it's in the oven. I'll pass

^^^^^
    Call the fire department muthaf---n kitchen is on fire.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    If you see someone mixing the cake ingredients in a toilet bowl, I'm pretty sure you complain before the cake is baked
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • DS TB has issues, but (aside from the "actions taken" threat) it's no worse than all other content as of late.
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    If you see someone mixing the cake ingredients in a toilet bowl, I'm pretty sure you complain before the cake is baked

Lol... seriously funny comment
  • Ariella wrote: »
    Broxxor wrote: »

Why bury a discussion?

It’s pretty clearly about DS TB’s so is in the right place. I don’t think anything’s being buried here, it’s pretty obvious where to find discussion about each of the TB’s

To be fair though... what is and is not moved is VERY selective. Just look through General Discussions forum.
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    Ariella wrote: »

Why bury a discussion?

To be fair though... what is and is not moved is VERY selective. Just look through General Discussions forum.

Which is surprising. Usually EA/CG-positive threads are left in General, to cut through the approximately 8 million negative posts (valid or not) that are created each day.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
    Ariella wrote: »

Why bury a discussion?

It depends on who you are and who you have **** off. See, I've **** off and swore at EVERY mod and dev, so they just shadow ban me and let me do and say what I want, because they're the only ones who can see what I write. Moderation at it's finest, and perfectly in line with EA's business practices.
  • Continuing on with that metaphor, they've already served that cake to us. And if I were at a restaurant, I'd probably have sent it back. I'm willing to keep an open mind and see how the next DS TB is, but at minimum I would expect:
    • Points for 4/4 to be fixed.
    • Wave 4 of phases 1-3 to be rebalanced properly.
    • Platoon requirements rethought for heroes released in the last few weeks.
    • zVader DoTs should no longer be cleansed.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • They need to rethink the time sink that’s been created as well. I’m all for new content, but maybe 3 phases instead of 6 would be better for TB’s. 2 days for TW seems legit, but tagging it right st the end of a TB is not.

We play the game because it’s fun. Some of us even spend our hard earned money because we strive to do well and want to win sooner rather than maybe. The changes to challenges are great but that’s just one small piece of this enormous puzzle. If they could ease up on time sinks, putting out too much too fast with regards to new toons and requiring them in TB as well as an obviously poorly tested DS TB, and help us with more guild management features like tracking daily 600 energy usage, donations received, and various others that have been mentioned over and over, that would be great.

As it stands now our guild is losing one of the most helpful and competitive players in the game because of how the DS TB has turned out so far, and I know they said it can’t be fixed until after this one ends, but consideration could have and should have given to how it would be regarded among the player base if they “let it ride” to the end, do to speak. With the obviousness of the calamity, why not just roll it back on day 1 and ask for forgiveness? Now, sadly enough we will undoubtably lose more great players that just don’t want to put in the effort any more. No amount of reward compensation can undo what’s been done or even the perception of why or how it came out like it did. And the threat of being banned for doing something that we as players really couldn’t even tell we were doing until after it happened anyway, was over the top and the straw that broke several backs.

I’m a Star Wars fan and I always will be. I’m also a fan of this game, but bring a fan doesn’t mean having blind admiration. If you want to win players back then give them no choice but to like you. Create an atmosphere of greatness in the game that players can sense and want to continue playing without feeling burdoned by time and/or illogical game requirements to progress.

I am TheDarkTater, and I approve this message.
    Taters will be as Taters are.
  • The problem was that the cake wasn't fully baked before they served it to us. Would you expect to go to a bakery and be given a pile of goo because they didn't properly heck to make sure said cake was ready for consumption?

The mods on this forum are going to do what they're going to do regardless - so throwing a fit here does nothing. Instead - why not be positive? See if this gets made right and then formulate an opinion.

Why bury a discussion?

That's a saying my mom used to say with just about anything she put in the oven.

We would smell it, see it, and immediately jump to conclusions.

I think we should apply this to this Dark Side Territory Battle.

It's obvious that it has some issues. Some HUGE issues. That goes without saying and there's no need to rehash all the problems with it.

But instead of slamming CG/EA - let's wait until it ends and give them the opportunity to makes things right and correct it.

I'm just saying, everyone makes mistakes and things never go 100% as planned. So instead of throwing a fit about what's happening now, why don't we see if they fix things now that we've beta tested the DSTB for them?

Your mom sounds like a very intelligent women, however you didn't understand her advice.

They bake the cake and served it to us.. that cake was dark side TB. Giving them the opportunity to make things right is like taking that toilet cake and adding some chocolate sprinkles and then reserving it to you.

Here's some better advice. If it smells like a toilet and tastes like a toilet.... It's probably toilet.
  • Why wait for it to finish when it smells like kitten?
  • It's already the last day of TB. Pretty much tasted the whole toilet cake. At this point, compensation is just giving us medicine to relieve the pain of food poisoning.
  • They chose to go live with it as is.

This cake isn’t still baking. It’s been baked and cooled and frosted and sliced and served up by the bakers for the players to enjoy. We tasted it and didn’t enjoy it.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Wouldnt be great if we could do two phase in 24 houres? All TB could last only 3 days.
  • Gawejn wrote: »
    Wouldnt be great if we could do two phase in 24 houres? All TB could last only 3 days.

It's bad enough that we have to swallow.the toilet cake once a day , but you want to eat 2 pieces a day... Gross.
  • So it’s the last day of TB and what would waiting achieve?
    What changed from P1 to P6?
    The same bugs, combat still gives less points than it should, platoons are still requiring new toons or toons needed for special missions.
    The same kitten we saw day1 persisted until day6.
    DS TB has issues, but (aside from the "actions taken" threat) it's no worse than all other content as of late.

That's more of an indictment on t he recent content and the game than it is a positive for ds tb
  • BTBAMthony
    179 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Uh. How about no. You see. Your mom had a clue what ingredients she had put in her cake. But what if someone told her they made a cake out of wasabi, celery, anchovies, red playdo, dog hair, and pidgeon droppings? See. I doubt she would even need to “let that bake before judging that cake.”

Either they were all on countless amounts of drugs making them incoherent about releasing this content, or it was YET ANOTHER clear and present money grab. Is it really that wrong that the community is standing up to try to fight this? Look at battlefront 2. Should we have let that cake bake? Naw, I’m pretty sure it was obvious what was going on. As it is here. Calling a spade a spade is not overreacting. It’s called awareness and honesty. Traits that I wish were more prominent in our society.
  • Gj to the op for trying to be positive but it's not happening on here. I did literally lol at the ingredients mixed in the toilet comment lol

But overall I think ur correct op. We WILL get compensated for this TB and they will fix the majority of bugs by next ds TB. Also I'm sure(about 99% sure) they will decrease the difficulty for most if not all waves.

So all in all we really haven't lost much.

We got to see new content and know what to work on in the next 2 weeks and we get rewards on top of that.
    The only thing we lost is the time it took us to play the game. Ppl need to stop Acting like it's end of world or end of all gaming experiences.
    It's gonna be OK.... Seriously