Fast Empire Farm (F2P)

Just realized that I need R2 for the CLS event and my empire collection leaves a lot to be desired (7* EP, 6* Vader, no one else is even close). I'm willing to drop everything in the stores and just buy empire toons - what is my best bet for a team that can get R2 but won't take eons to farm? Should I build up Phoenix so I can get Thrawn? (they're also in a pretty pathetic state - only Kanaan and Ezra are close to five stars). I've been wanting to get Gar Saxon to be playable for a while because his leader ability seemed like fun - is he worth the investment and would he be a usable leader for this event? My initial thought was Gar Saxon (lead), EP, Vader, TFP, and Tarkin or RG in the fifth spot.

https://swgoh.gg/u/vendea/collection

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• Options
    at what player level are you? deathtrooper is great but takes about 1 month
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Any 4 empire with ep will work i recommend deathtrooper, tie pilot, storm, magma, tarkin, snow, rg, vader in descending order of preference
    DT is relatively hard to get but if you have it will secure your success. The srategy is straightforward, kill hansolo or anyone who you can kill quick, then use terminate to inflict deathmark on r2. Definitely the way to go

TFP easy farm, very powerful (8, 10 energy cantina nodes are even faster than GW if you do 3 refresh every day)

Storm easy farm, good tank

Magma easy farm, just to fill the 5th slot, don't gear him

Tarkin, his dmg reduction is irresistible against rebels which is all you will meet in the event, and strategy is just use that debuff and keep doing basic. when basic omegaed, keeping AOE will keep stacking potency which means increased defense for tarkin due to his unique. If you have omegaed his basic you can use AOE after you have stacked ample amount of potency it will deal masssive damage. (be sure to use debuff ability right before using aoe) However, he is in squad arena shop, which is actually quite a long farm. I usually get 800 token or 850 a day, meaning i get 10shards everyday, that's about the same rate as 16energy cantina farm, if you do 3 refresh everyday.

Snow very effective tm gain (not game changing in the r2 event tho), decent aoe attack, although hard to farm as DT and not as much OP

RG good tank, extra stun for the ones palpatine failed to, although hard farm as DT and not as much OP

Vader tanky attacker, you don't necessarily have to give zeta him for getting 7star R2, he's just a healthy attacker. Basic does little damage but the Culling Blade and DoT are useful against High Health Pool bosses. However, depends on your fleet store rng, and achievements, so most uncertain one to time the end date of your farm.

ps. thrawn 7star is a long way so not the way to go if you want r2 quick
    Post edited by Anakin_Skywalker on
  • Options
    What I used: RG G10, TFP G9, Palp G7, Vader G7, GMT G6.

The main damage-dealer is TFP. He needs the auto-taunt from RG to stay alive. (RG even taunts when he's stun!!) Put Speed on TFP.
    Palp, Vader and GMT need to land debuffs on all Rebels, so TFP deals extra damage and gains TM.
    Palp and RG help with their Stun.
    Make RG as Tanky as possible with Health/Protection mods.
    GMT didn't do much in my battle... he only was the fifth 7* Toon I needed to enter the event. I kept him low gear just to see how far I would get (Had the Gear ready).

Take-out R2 first!

Happy farming :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the help everyone! Looks like I will focus on TFP and then magma, storm, and Tarkin as primaries but farm DT and RG in the background in case I can get them leveled before the event comes around. Thanks again!