Reworked Wars

ChickenFett139
1484 posts Member
edited November 2017
So the claim of the rework is GW is based on your strongest team. I am really having difficulty believing this. My highest geared toon is GS 9, barely modded properly in 4* mods, power is 16k. Next highest is 12k power. Yet I am facing fully 5* level 15 modded teams with speed packs, GS 12 with Zeta minimum team member has 18k power and synergy players aren’t afforded. Today is Zeta Savage under Maul Lead. I killed Nihilus, Palpatine, Maul and the B2 Battle Droid, and now totally stuck unable to kill Savage. He has wiped 3 teams by himself, worse than Zarriss.

Not complaining, just wondering how this rework is better for me since yesterday’s node 6 was just as ridiculous.
Post edited by ChickenFett139 on

Replies

• Interesting...i have a couple of 20k+ toons yet none of my gw nodes even have a gold toon on it. Most of them are just well modded purple teams.
  • The old gw was based on your highest team. Now it's supposed to have a cap on power level.
  • It gets easier once you reach a particular level.. till that ,it's hard.
  • Shaheen wrote: »
    It gets easier once you reach a particular level.. till that ,it's hard.

I am 85 unless you mean gear score or power level?
  • When did you reach 85?
    Are you aware that based on doesn't mean equal? There are decreases and increases to the base level, depending on the node
  • Just continue playing and build one mediocre team. For the longtime players the new GW is ridiculously easy.
  • A half decent Phoenix team can auto it or for overkill zeta resistance don't even take a hit
  • Antares wrote: »
    Just continue playing and build one mediocre team. For the longtime players the new GW is ridiculously easy.

Absolutely right.
  • Ill tell you now its just gotten a lot easier on the higher end. Facing a full CLS gear 12 everyday wasnt fun. Now it varies a bit more between 1 or 2 gears below this, much nicer
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    getting schooled that hard by Savage is probably a user error.
    GW matchmaking is horrible, it always has been and it probably will always be horrible.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • My suggestions against zeta savage:

- keep your nihilus alive until you can Anihilate him.
    - Super stack his HoTs, use Boba’s special to super hit all his stacks (maybe add Phasma for guaranteed advantage crit).
    - Nightsister plague drain him.

If you have none of these, I suggest using garbage toons as sacrifices to use up his cooldowns before going in with your best remaining characters. Sometimes I sack one toon at a time to reset the RNG. This was pre-GW rework though.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Struggling with gw in your 1st 6 months to a year of playing is normal and almost every long-term player had trouble with gw at some point.
    The gw rework was for players who have maxed out the achievements and deserve a break.
    No offense to you, but you got to earn your stripes.
    Best of luck to you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    Struggling with gw in your 1st 6 months to a year of playing is normal and almost every long-term player had trouble with gw at some point.
    The gw rework was for players who have maxed out the achievements and deserve a break.
    No offense to you, but you got to earn your stripes.
    Best of luck to you

That's so backwards tho. Make it impossible on the beginners until they feel like quitting. But make it so easy on veterans that it's literally impossible to loose. There's no logic in this. The veterans are the ones who should be able to handle a really hard GW.
  • When I started to face Zeta Savage in GW I struggled too. I would kill the other 4, then if he killed the rest of that squad, I'd send a TMR team in and kill him like the rancour, he doesn't heal if he doesn't get a turn.
  • Thank you all. The issue was Maul’s stealth. I would beat the tar out of a character only to have then stealth and then heal. Nihilus obliterated my Phoenix and then wiped my Empire including Thrawn. Thrawn and Sabine wreaked Nihilus, Maul and Palpatine. Before Maul died his parting gift was one shotting Thrawn.

No I have no one left. Every time I crit he heals himself and cleans his stuns. R2 and Royal Guard stun him effectively. Biggs and Wedge get him down then he heals cause one of them crit. I made 85 back in Aug. I just need to open some Chromium packs. Never got Nihilus like the rest of you. The packs have been super stingy