Give notice and explanation next time

It won't let me @ devs but maybe someone will see.
I think people might be more accepting of increase in the difficulty if you explain why.
With lightside tb coming back soon the player base should be told before that it will be more difficult too.
The announcement told us about extra territory in phase 1 but you should explain that the 3 extra stars required the event difficulty to rise.
Many people here think the difficulty of darkside tb is a mistake by developers.
They feel that way because the announcement was incomplete and didn't explain that 3 more stars equals more difficult combat.
A simple announcement telling everyone that upcoming lightside tb WILL BE MORE DIFFICULT. Will help everyone to prepare for it and be much more accepting of the increase

Replies

• DS TB was easy for me. All my guild mates did all the hard work :D
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I believe the difficulty in the first phases was a genuine mistake.
    That said, i like it that phase 6 is super difficult and i do believe that was intentional.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Prudkoan
    236 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    DS TB was a mistake and no testing of new content
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • We finish beta test DS TB now lmao
  • bug in first phases: ok

but phase 6 is one shotting gear12 toons, healing 50% plus and OFTEN you get a 1 vs 1 dance for minutes after which the only way out is fotfeit match. platoon requiring so many NEW pay for toons at 6/7* doesnt help either. requiring a 5* imp droid in a 4* phase...

very unbalanced..maybe this is what luke means in the last jedi? He is going to balance EA?

I expect a very good explanation on this very poorly tested feature. Could be really cool feature if its fair on players. At the moment you just need to grind grind and grind a bit more...like everybody has nothing to do..lets add special misdion with bountyhunters..they wont have those ready..

everyone is still upgrading DS, Nightsisters, veterans, thrawn if you didnt yet etc.. (and by the way: we need GEAR for that and CREDITS)
  • I'm here to warn u guys. The truth is they would have had to explain that they were raising the difficulty of TB to prepare for the LEVEL CAP AND 6 STAR MODS RELEASE coming in the next few week or so just in time to squeeze for the holidays.
  • It's a GAME. stop crying over a game. Pathetic.
  • Floogyman wrote: »
    It's a GAME. stop crying over a game. Pathetic.

Lolol it’s a game. Stop yelling at people that it’s just a game.
  • Prudkoan wrote: »
    We finish beta test DS TB now lmao

So true.
    That is the problem with CG, they do not play their own game and do not know what player wants and what is their difficulties. Playing and testing at dev accounts with full developed characters and 1kk crystals does not show anything. That’s why the problems still persist...
  • I agree with the op. I have absolutely no issue with it being extremely difficult if that was the intention. With (some) guilds already achieving 45 stars on ls tb I understand the need to future proof some content, even if it's not achievable now. But if that's the case then by all means communicate that so players aren't screaming about it being bugged, beta content etc.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Floogyman wrote: »
    It's a GAME. stop crying over a game. Pathetic.

a game earning 200.000$ a DAY for iphone only..we should expect a correct game.
  • album_cover_1
    24 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    This game makes a ton of money, you guys defending them are acting like it's an early access indie game we're all rooting and hoping for the hardworking devs to succeed. This game qualifies as cream of the crop when compared to all the mobile games out there and should release equally top tier content free of as much bugs as possible.

And to those that can't help but keep pointing to 45*s in LS TBs: the guild was made up of mega whales/krakens that shuffled around with other guilds made up of whales/krakens to achieve this. They spend the amount they do to be ahead of the curve and reach endgame content that much quicker than anybody else. The other 99% are still climbing and improving week to week to improve the stars they earn.
  • Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    This game makes a ton of money, you guys defending them are acting like it's an early access indie game we're all rooting and hoping for the hardworking devs to succeed. This game qualifies as cream of the crop when compared to all the mobile games out there and should release equally top tier content free of as much bugs as possible.

And to those that can't help but keep pointing to 45*s in LS TBs: the guild was made up of mega whales/krakens that shuffled around with other guilds made up of whales/krakens to achieve this. They spend the amount they do to be ahead of the curve and reach endgame content that much quicker than anybody else. The other 99% are still climbing and improving week to week to improve the stars they earn.

Ill echo this, and also respond to those saying - its just a game. You are correct, there is no debating that. How many of us feel, would be akin to playing PS4 on christmas a few years back only to have it crash for 3 days over the holidays. Yes, we are acting somewhat like children who don't get to play with their toys - but guess what, when those toys come at a 600$ price tag EACH - you best believe Im going to raise holy hell if I feel something is wrong with them. Which, it is. Moderators here are absolute garbage, Ive been insulted by one or two - over simply stating an opinion contrary to his. Ive had long, constructive posts deleted for no other reason than to hide it. I've spent a few thousands on this game, and Im a couple moments from Charge backing as much as I can to Ea/cg.

You think they don't -know- before they release content? Please, they are a mega million company with testers, designers, theorists, lawyers, the lot. There are two answers explaining how we got such a messed up product. A designer was on a hefty amount of drugs (popular opinion of the forums). Or; an attempt at resecurring their lost wages in BF2 and their current Lawsuit with the state of Hawaii.

You would think EA would be treading on thin ice, and in so much - be a bit more courteous and willing to work with its players, instead - they took the direction Martin Shkreli did. They saw opportunity for profit. This will be my very last post on this forum, as itll most likely be removed anyway. Im tired of the blind, biased, immature moderators who care so little about the opinions of their player base. Our guild had 3 members quit, due to DS TB and the headaches it brought. I think, Im going to follow suit. Logged in today expecting an apology email & compensation - absolutely nothing. Whats with the speed of repairing your situation? It certainly didnt take you very long to push this garbage on us.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    DarthRon wrote: »
    bug in first phases: ok

but phase 6 is one shotting gear12 toons, healing 50% plus and OFTEN you get a 1 vs 1 dance for minutes after which the only way out is fotfeit match. platoon requiring so many NEW pay for toons at 6/7* doesnt help either. requiring a 5* imp droid in a 4* phase...

dev said they couldn't tune it / fix it / whatever until the next TB, so if there were bugs or mistakes or whatever, they couldn't be fixed in any phase.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    DarthRon wrote: »
    bug in first phases: ok

dev said they couldn't tune it / fix it / whatever until the next TB, so if there were bugs or mistakes or whatever, they couldn't be fixed in any phase.

I think the problem we have is we don’t know if anything is wai or bug. When the fo ships were needed in ls Tb platoons many, including myself; thought it was just a bug. But turns out it wasn’t. I think the safe bet is to assume mt and zombie and other newer toons will be needed in platoons is wai.
  • Nerfburger73
    153 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    No way was this WAI... unless they deliberately intended to make toons that can ignore ability blocks to cleanse the entire team, cleanse un-cleansable abilities like fracture and plague, and wipe out entire G12 zeta teams without losing a single character in Wave 4 on a phase 3 CM!
    I know the community was in an uproar over putting Logray and Paploo in a couple of LS platoons along with Cassians U-wing, Falcon, & Kylo’s Shuttle, but they were not spread out over every freakin platoon like the NS & FO P2P characters were! We could not fill one platoon outside of the ship platoons in our last 2 phases, and we paid for it dearly in our CMs when we couldn’t return an overhead strike or cripple their strikes to reduce their damage.... there were too many times that I watched toons with full protection and health get knocked into the red after one strike only to spell the end of the wave for the Mega-Rebels victory. I was highly disappointed with this rollout in so many ways that I lost count, and delivering this garbage on a national holiday that is specifically meant for families to gather and spend time together was just the sign that they don’t give a crud about the players... and trust me, we got your message.
  • Wth??? Where did my post go? I wasn’t crude or belligerent and it just disappeared!?!?! What a freakin mess!!!
  • As I said before before my post was deleted, There is no way that this was wai unless they intended to create new mega-rebels that can use special abilities to cleanse even when they are ability blocked, or can cleanse the un-cleansable abilities like fracture and plague, or ignore zeta abilities that disable the ability to cleanse DoTs (Vader). The community was livid when there were a couple of platooons that required Logray and Paploo, as well as 3 P2P ships that only recently became farmable, but they did not occupy every stinking platoon that made it impossible for anyone to fill any of them like they did with the new NS and FO toons and ships! Outside of filling a couple of ship platoons, our guild was unable to complete a single platoon in the last 2 phases! It completely hampered our ability to help us clear any of the CMs with an offensive bombardment or a reduction in damage from the Rebel bombers... when your entire team of G12 toons goes from full health & protection to less than 25% health after one swipe, it only spells the end of your round in Wave 4 of a Phase 3 CM!
    This was obviously a mistake but We have yet to see an explanation, or an “I’m sorry” with a compensation, or even a statement saying that there is nothing to see here and to move along. The whole thing was a mess from the beginning when they dumped this garbage on us right on a national holiday that is intended for families to spend time together.... they just showed us that they don’t care about the players and would rather tick off half of the world and push this out in glorious fashion with bugs and all! Basically felt like they gave us the middle finger and told us to either enjoy it or leave because they don’t care about the outcry since they already got their money. If they were intending to send us a message, I can already tell you we received it... and trust me, it was loud and clear.