how to use Scimitar?

I read that there is retribution and AI issue. However, if I am on manual, what is recommended approach to maximize Scimitar. Right now, it's on the shelf at 3* though higher GP than other ships in my roster. Any thoughts?

Replies

• I generally use it as a backup ship because it has low health and protection(I have it at only 5*, maul g8). I would say it is very effective when used with ackbar's home one because every counter gives protection. Usually, my tie advanced dies first and I bring in the scimitar and give retribution to either biggs, GS, or wedge depending on health left. Biggs because of the massive protection gain, GS because of the tm reduction, or wedge because of the TM gain/damage. although wedge's tm gain causes the retribution to go away quicker.

I haven't tried Scimitar under the other capital ships but under Ackbar I have done some experimenting. The Scimitar when in the starting 5 usually doesn't have enough health to survive the initial onslaught so I bring it as a backup.
  • this is all awesome info and gives me something to work on. Thanks to you both.

@ObiJuanPollo , I've had trouble with Tarkin 6* challenge and this is helpful for me to try your strategy. I do have Sun Fac. Have you beaten the 6* challenge? What lineup, if so?
  • I start off with a lot of glass canons, so I use scimitar to "hide" my big gunners

I have Tarkin lead with TFP, FOTP, Vader, Biggs, and Maul (scimitar).

Typically I can get everybody stealthed and Biggs taunting before any ship dies... then it's a target lock feast with FOTP getting TONS of TM gain/attacks because of it. I can usually wipe out the other team on offense before their "ultimate" special.

My Biggs is only a low g10, so if I geared him to high g11 I'd have a lot more survivability on defense.

I use SF, Boba, and JC as back-ups.
  • Personally run Tarkin capital with Scimitar on reserve. When Biggs dies, bring in Scimitar and stealth all except Tie Fighter. Chances are, you can get quite a few dodges, feeding huge amounts of TM to Tarkin to speed up his 'kill all the things' ability. Most of the hits that don't end up as dodges, are going to be target locks.
  • @ObiJuanPollo , I think I misquoted the 6* challenge. I wasn't referring to getting Executrix to 7*. I meant the challenge to get Executrix to 6*. I believe my problem is that my pilots are not geared enough. For example, GeoSoldier is 4*, Sun Fac is 4 or 5* and they're lvl's 71 and 55, respectively. I have to level them off. I also can imagine the 7* challenge to be even more difficult. I would think that is on the order of 7* Thrawn which by many accounts is much harder than 6*.
  • @SpadeFreeman and @Dwinkelm , for Fleet battle I'll consider both approaches when I 4* Scimitar. My other ships are 5-7*. In fact, I have Biggs at g11 and found that I can't gear him at g11 as the gold ship omega mat is not available now...what? Basically minimal reward for getting his gear level up!
  • reinforcement. I usually play tarkin, vader, tie, fo tie, biggs, boba.

once biggs dies, scimitar comes in and gives stealth to everyone except tie, that guy likes to evade and give tarkin turn meter like crazy.
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    reinforcement. I usually play tarkin, vader, tie, fo tie, biggs, boba.

once biggs dies, scimitar comes in and gives stealth to everyone except tie, that guy likes to evade and give tarkin turn meter like crazy.

It doesn't work well on defense as Scimitar will give stealth to all but Boba once Biggs has been damaged.
    Perhaps it could work better with the other FO ship since he's quite tanky and retaliate. If Biggs is tanking Scimitar will most certainly buff Phasma ship on defense.
  • Scimitar DOES stealth all except the tankiest/highest health ship around with AI on defense, so perhaps a best-approach is to use scimitar + Biggs as openers on defense and scimitar as reserve on offense
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Personally run Tarkin capital with Scimitar on reserve. When Biggs dies, bring in Scimitar and stealth all except Tie Fighter. Chances are, you can get quite a few dodges, feeding huge amounts of TM to Tarkin to speed up his 'kill all the things' ability. Most of the hits that don't end up as dodges, are going to be target locks.
    This is how i use it too
    I don't mind too much about defense. Fall to 2~13 and back up to 1st everyday
  • The only reason I beat 7* Thrawn whale teams with more than 150k power than my pithy little 6* tarkin team is because of either great RNG, or scimitar using that ability on the tie fighter.
  • reinforcement. I usually play tarkin, vader, tie, fo tie, biggs, boba.

It doesn't work well on defense as Scimitar will give stealth to all but Boba once Biggs has been damaged.
    Perhaps it could work better with the other FO ship since he's quite tanky and retaliate. If Biggs is tanking Scimitar will most certainly buff Phasma ship on defense.

Yeah, defense is a problem, I know. Many others use Fives. But I don't care so much for defense and usually can get my rank 20 with 3 battles. Rank 10 is virtually impossible for me, so I'm okay with that.
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Scimitar is pretty much only there for one job: The stealth/retribution move. Put in on first reinforcement and it can immediately pull out that move. Doesn't matter what capital you are using, already used it the same way under all 4 capitals and worked great everywhere. I usually give retribution to 5s.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Scimitar DOES stealth all except the tankiest/highest health ship around with AI on defense, so perhaps a best-approach is to use scimitar + Biggs as openers on defense and scimitar as reserve on offense

Please keep doing this if you're in my shard. I see a scimitar, I blow it up before the other Biggs can get a taunt up, or I get it down far enough that I can finish it off with AOEs.

Can't do this when it comes in on reserve and immediately stealths.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Personally run Tarkin capital with Scimitar on reserve. When Biggs dies, bring in Scimitar and stealth all except Tie Fighter. Chances are, you can get quite a few dodges, feeding huge amounts of TM to Tarkin to speed up his 'kill all the things' ability. Most of the hits that don't end up as dodges, are going to be target locks.

Winner
  • @SpadeFreeman and all, oh I get it. This makes sense when Biggs is gone, then Scimitar comes in to do his job and the TM to Tarkin is a winner!
  • @SpadeFreeman and all, oh I get it. This makes sense when Biggs is gone, then Scimitar comes in to do his job and the TM to Tarkin is a winner!

Yeah, using Tarkin's big AOE is basically game over, so the quicker you get it, the better.
  • I do not use Executrix but Maul as a reinforcement, give Umbaran retribution that's all the strategy you need.
  • My alt account holds top 20 almost every day. Ships: X1 5*, Biggs 6*, Slave 1 5*, Ghost 5*, Phantom II 5*, JC 6*, Umbaran 6*, Ahsoka 6*. However on the bench is Scimitar 5*, TFP 5* (close to 6). If I put Scimitar in, it effectively removes Ghost/P II as they work together. This means Scimitar/TFP in. So reserves would be Scimitar, Ahsoka and who? You need X1 for Target Locks, Biggs taunts. I do put Slave 1 in reserve as he comes in with Retribution. This all with Tarkin 5*. I'm hesitant to do this until top 20 rankings are complete at end of day. The problem is I usually run out of attempts in order to keep top 20. :smiley:
  • What about Biggs, Vader, 5's, Tie Pie, Ahsoka
    And Then Maul, Boba and Jc for reinforcements.
    Maybe swap Ahsoka, Jc, and slave 1 around depending on which you like. Ahsoka is nice and fast
  • I like JC in the starting lineup due to protection. I also like Ahsoka due to dispel but if she dispels opposing Biggs taunt, that taunt comes back so I do like Ahsoka coming in from reserves to remove retributions. DV needed for TLs so starting is good. I like 5's in starting lineup. 5's, DV, Biggs, JC, TFP? then reserves are Maul, Boba, AT
  • That sounds like a solid squad.
  • @Creepioo and all, I tried Scimitar again and couldn't hold nor get back my position. I went back to my lineup in time to get top 20 rewards but barely. I have seen Scimitar work well with either Ackbar or Maul in starting lineup...it worked well although I haven't tried that. I like Executrix. You did mention +TM for Exec and I added TFP to starting lineup to increase TM possibilities. I have to move JC to reserve and made a choice to remove 5s and keep AT. I'm not certain which is better but I like the new lineup as i got back to top 20. Thanks for headsup on TM as I have been beaten by a lesser Tarkin (both toon and ship) due to them getting the 12x shot before I (and I have the faster Tarkin...).