Some suggestions moving forward

Here is some constructive feedback on the past week

The TW Beta test was a resounding success, as far as I can tell. Why don't we have betas for every new mode/raid moving forwards? This lets you stress test a server and mode/raid to make sure it meets your standards. I know that you don't like to reveal too much before a game mode is released, but you could consider planning to release game details on a Friday, doing a weekend stress test, and having a release plan for Tuesday -- but plan to delay if it runs into critical issues. This builds momentum and excitement for the release, while also building good will from your players.

When a game mode reaches a critical failure (I think DS TB had enough problems to be considered a critical failure), build in a way to end the mode early. I think in the case of TBs, it would be reasonable to give out LS TB rewards based on the previous TB finish, plus maybe a star as a sorry, we messed up. With the above in place, this shouldn't happen, but some things need more testing than other, and it's hard to catch everything with one beta test.

Replies

• Because people complain about betas because they clearly don't understand that a beta is a test and will have bugs in it and they will complain for compensation because of effort even thought they get compensated.
  • Because people complain about betas because they clearly don't understand that a beta is a test and will have bugs in it and they will complain for compensation because of effort even thought they get compensated.

As opposed to live content that has tons of bugs and people asking for compensation?
  • Gwonk wrote: »
    Because people complain about betas because they clearly don't understand that a beta is a test and will have bugs in it and they will complain for compensation because of effort even thought they get compensated.

As opposed to live content that has tons of bugs and people asking for compensation?

Yeah, I was going to say...CG can just laugh and say no if you want compensation for volunteering to beta test their product. However, I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for compensation when a buggy product (DS TB) is released.
    Also, did people do that? I didn't see complaints about the TW Beta on here...