Swgoh on pc?

I've noticed lately that my game became "too laggy" for my phone. People might answer me with "get a new phone", problem is I don't have the money for a new phone. I do have a laptop and I've seen(or heard or read) that people are using their pc to play the game, so I was thinking of maximizing my laptop and play the game right there as well. Question is, is it safe or "legal" to play the game via pc? Do the devs allow players to do this without any repercussions? Please help, I don't want to stop playing the game when my phone finally breaks...

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    yes it is. it is just not supported. I use NOX personally.
  • So I wont get booted out of the game or get penalties or anything? What do you mean by "not supported"? Thanks for the reply, btw.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No, there is no issue with using an emulator.

by not supported I mean you may see visual issues or other "bugs"... they will no be able to help you to make fixes for these, but they are usually only visual and of no consequence anyway.
  • Thanks a lot for clearing that up! So NOX is a great emu?

Btw, Do devs trouble theirselves on reading these kind of posts?
  • @Kyno currently using NOX. any suggestions on settings for smoother gameplay? It's a bit laggy. Thanks in advance!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I use Nox. Not familiar with any settings for it that affect performance. May just be your PC. The game has run great for me on Nox. I highly recommend it if you are more comfortable on a computer than a phone.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Emerus wrote: »
    Kyno currently using NOX. any suggestions on settings for smoother gameplay? It's a bit laggy. Thanks in advance!

I have never had any issue with lag on NOX, i switched to it from BlueStacks because it seemed to perform better. it may be your computer or even your internet connection.
  • Yep. I guess it's a ram issue. Switched to a different model from the choices in NOX and seemed to perform better. Thank you very much. I won't be saying goodbye to my game, it seems :)
  • Another question. If you use the emulator to play on PC can you also play the same account on your phone when not at the PC? Will all progress carry over back and forth right away?
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Brizzle22 wrote: »
    Another question. If you use the emulator to play on PC can you also play the same account on your phone when not at the PC? Will all progress carry over back and forth right away?

Yes it will, as long as you have it linked to an account (Google play/apple/facebook). You would not be able to login simultaneously, and I don't know the exact delay possibilities for quickly switching accounts, but you can definitely play on both devices.

unrelated, but this is a pretty old thread, and "necroposting" (reviving really old threads) is against forum rules. In the future I would recommend starting a new thread and linking to this one as background if you want to continue a discussion from further back than the past few months.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q