Where's the December event calendar?

Cylso
8 posts Member
edited November 2017
I miss him!!!!! :)@CG_Kozispoon

Replies

• Probably some time today. There’s a lot going on with bugs since the update, issues with DS TB, TW now launching... devs got a full plate for a minute, I won’t be upset if we don’t even get the calendar until next week.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • In december maybe?
  • Ariella
    219 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Here's some totally distopian fiction for your entertainment.
    I'm not seeking to anger anyone here, just have a laugh so, please, take this as a joke:

The Municipal Games office is quiet. There's a tension in the air. People are at work, but they shuffle about the office making minimal noise, doing all they can to avoid drawing unwanted attention to themselves.
    An office junior goes to collect some documents. He printed them to have an excuse to spend 30 minutes in the filing room, fearing that he'll be used as a scapegoat for any tiny incident of failure. But his plan has backfired - the printer has jammed, and it's making an awful whining sound. He feels the eyes of everyone in the office upon him as he rips out the torn shreds of paper. He feels the disgust. He didn't cause this... he didn't cause any of it... but he hangs his head in shame nonetheless.

In one half the office are the marketing and promotions team. Of all staff, they're the most confused. They daren't make eye contact with one another, let alone anyone else in the room. Only one week prior, they'd sat in the project meeting and insisted, with a cast iron guarantee, that sales would skyrocket this week. When the player base saw the requirements of the squadrons and platoons, the sales would come in. Packs would fly off the shelves... witches, troopers, droids, members of the Stark family, they'd all be bought in abundance.
    Now they scratch their heads. Why didn't the whales bite? Why did they forsake them?

In the other half the office are the designers. The last bastions of integrity in the office, they're all sat on the floor, head between their legs, weeping. This could all have been avoided. Any sub-par QA, beta testing, community programme, or preview would have given them the data they needed. Why didn't anyone listen?

The community manager is trying to raise spirits. Tea and biscuits are being supplied to all (at least those who kept their jobs). Occasionally she tries to remind people it's December tomorrow... but then she sees the vacant looks in their eyes and can't bring herself to destroy what's left of their spirit.
    She resolves to type up a quick post announcing the December login character. It's not based on concrete information, her only contact with developers requires a ritual which she has no time to perform, so she's just going by her gut feeling. There's a strong chance it's wrong. But then, a precedent has been set for getting that information wrong so would it be such a big issue? Posts can be edited. At this point the community will just be happy to see a post from the team, right? She senses she's trying to convince herself and opts to save the message as a draft, for now at least. If only there was a way to buy some time...

To be continued... (if I still have an account)
    Post edited by Ariella on
  • Well done @Ariella
    Keep the account and get a job with ea :-)