Royal Guard viable in pvp now?

12345679Next

Replies

• Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    i dont know might work, but you should consider the moment RG gets a chance he's probably going to activate defense up for the entire team.

I know with RG on my team, if the ai struggles to take down RG first round, I activate defense up, and its game over.
  • Options
    He must be taken out first but can you kill him within the first round? If not I don't think your going to be able to beat his teams. From what I have seen his taunt can not be removed so single target him within a round or run an AoE team to bypass his taunt.
  • Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    i dont know might work, but you should consider the moment RG gets a chance he's probably going to activate defense up for the entire team.

defense up doesnt really do too much tho
  • Options

But the hp up he gets from it does.
  • Options

But the hp up he gets from it does.

no wonder! i totally forgot that he got hp up... i had all my characters attack him after he did defense up and i didnt understand why i couldnt kill him
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    not only does he get hp up, he gets extra turn meter for each attack.
  • Options
    Ventress. Since she's slow you can use the 4 to focus down or one-shot other team members. Then use Ventress to debuff (very good success rate) and focus down another toon. With good luck and strategy it should be 5v3 at that point. Lumi to HoT and take out RG 3rd
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Ventress and QGJ are both great for removing taunt. AOE attackers can finish wounded toons even if a taunt is active. Ventress happens to have a very nice AOE ;)

Most of all, I'd love to see a more diverse meta evolve from this, where people can their Geonosian cannon bugs and start trying some new stuff out.
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm in too tough a server, but.. Since I put him in, I've been holding top 20 and moving up to 10 today I hope.

Sid 7*
    Lumi 7*
    GS 7*
    86 (I don't have Rey) 6*
    RG 4*
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I dropped to 25. Bad RNG day I think. Even when I was on offense The 3 Ds (Daka, Dooku, and dodges) got me today.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Most of all, I'd love to see a more diverse meta evolve from this, where people can their Geonosian cannon bugs and start trying some new stuff out.

Except RG's very design makes GS more important than ever.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not buying he is OP yet. I think he actually made high health teams with heals more viable, though just as much as he made fast killers more survivable. Still haven't had the pleasure of seeing him in my server which kinda surprises me considering we do have whales. As far as GS. He is practically a necessity in the top 10-20 already.
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think he's OP. If he can get a stun or two off before he dies, he's worth it with the auto taunt. If he gets stunned himself like it happened to me numerous times today, it's tough to win.

Besides, my Poe is 4 star, no ST Han, and still working cantina to get QJ and Dake starred higher.
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    All that defense up and taunt will be delicious for QGJ to get the team offense up. I can't wait. I hope people run him.

i do not know about you, but out of 20 or so times chopping at RG with my QGJ's blow, i never once debuffed him. he resisted every single hit.
  • Options
    Any changes impressions after these days? Still just "meh"?
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    RG turns out to be a Royally Viable hero. From never having seen him in squad teams to suddenly seeing red I would say he has defined a new era in 'tanking'.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    All that defense up and taunt will be delicious for QGJ to get the team offense up. I can't wait. I hope people run him.

i do not know about you, but out of 20 or so times chopping at RG with my QGJ's blow, i never once debuffed him. he resisted every single hit.

My debuffs a vast majority of the time.