Barriss Counter

I-86 Sentinel
I-88
First Order Tie Pilot
Poggle the lesser
Darth Sidious

It is a mostly farmable team except tie pilot. He the most important part however. How the speed works is that Sidious poggle always go first on my team then I-88. He is now offense and speed buffed and lots of enemy team has negative debuffs. Usually his crit aoe will take will one person to half health or almost half health. Then tie fighter cleans up with auto attack hitting insane single target damage with advantage and offense buff he can one shot the lowest health enemy almost garunteed giving you a 4v5 off the bat.

What is great about this group is that all their basic attacks are amazing so even old Ben has no effect on them. You should be able to kill 1-2 enemies per round. I have not seen a team that can defend against it yet. You can't heal someone who dies in 1-2 attacks so healer teams are super easy as well.

Just don't expect to defend with this team since you can't focus fire as so you will get destroyed.

Replies

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    I have been counting her. She is very frequent.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    I counter her by pretending she isnt there and im fighting a 5v4. Once in a while a hero i am attacking gets healed for my last 2 hits of damage tho.
  • Depends on her squad mates.

Barris with a taunt-tank requires a different aoproach than say, barris with jc or lumi, or barris as the lone healer, or barris with daka. How squishy her attacker teammates will change which strategy is most efficient.

How fast your team is matters in how to counter too. The AI wont fire off her healing until her or her allies health is down to a certain mark. Exploit that weakness by having her take her turn when none of her allies will trigger the healing.... knock two attackers(or barris and an attacker) down to yellow instead of one down to red. She will use force blow or attack instead of healing. Then kill off both of the yellow range targets. If you still have turns before barris is up to bat again, repeat the tactic, focusing on the two squishiest targets.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I don't ever feel like I'm countering Bariss. I barely notice her anymore. In Galactic War I'm excited to see her as I use her to replenish my teams cool downs.
  • J7000 wrote: »
    I don't ever feel like I'm countering Bariss. I barely notice her anymore. In Galactic War I'm excited to see her as I use her to replenish my teams cool downs.

Same lol. Most trouble I had actually was a Daka and Luminara Team. I killed Luminara 3 times that game! Still won though.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Nice offensive team you have. I just don't see it holding top 20 ever unless your constantly playing as you said
  • You'd start off strong possibly taking one of my guys out but I'd easily be able to take out 2 of yours before you could respond again. I frequently start 4v5 with a man down but with a lot of self healing and evasion, I'm pretty slippery.
  • ObiWang
    71 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    J7000 wrote: »

Yep. From experience, barris counter=anything. I usually ignore her too simply because she has a lot of health. Absolute wet noodle when it comes to attacking, and you know who she can't heal? Dead characters. Focus fire one character at a time and they evaporate before it's even her turn. Probably one of the more useless defending heroes in my opinion.

• Loce
    194 posts Member
    Time wrote: »
    I counter her by pretending she isnt there and im fighting a 5v4. Once in a while a hero i am attacking gets healed for my last 2 hits of damage tho.

Yeah. My counter to her is take the player with the lowest health down first and bait her heal. Once you do that then she becomes a paper weight for 4 turns. Any AoE that hits and happens to get her down enough that I feel I can put her down I'll take that chance, unless there is a higher value target, or someone that's beating me up.

The only problem that I run into with this is that those glass cannons hit pretty hard, so I hope that there isn't 2 of them. Its a hell of a shock when you get hit for 3.5 k while you think you have your next couple of moves already planned. It still usually works out. Lumi's special (force wave thing...can't remember the name) crit is awesome.

• She's easy to counter. Ignore her for the most part until the target you are trying to kill is low, then ability block her, switch back and kill your initial target. Repeat until you decide to take her out and that's the end of it.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    What toon do you use with ability block? I have 24 toons unlocked and the only one O have with ability block is the terrible Jedi knight guardian. I don't like her at all, and the only other one that I know I want off the top of my head with ability block is Old Ben.