Anyone tracking ship shard drop rates?

I’ve been farming Millennium Falcon since it was put in its node and I’m about half way to 5*. I do Kylo’s Command Shuttle a couple times a week when I have spare energy and I’m at about 25/80 already. This seems really fast—AND I AM NOT COMPLAINING—and got me wondering about the drop rate. I haven’t logged it to be certain, but it (subjectively) feels like it’s closer to 40%.

That could be luck. Or it could be perception bias. Or it could be higher. Has anyone started logging it?
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• Options
    I've been farming FOST hard nodes and the command shuttle is already 4*. Been about two months so yeah, drop rate is pretty good.
  • Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    I've been farming FOST hard nodes and the command shuttle is already 4*. Been about two months so yeah, drop rate is pretty good.

you meant drop rate was good? Because since the last week's update , everything has been worse than before ! I used to get 2 or 3 shards per 5 battles , now it is 1 or 2 ..
    And I have been collecting Kylo , Reaper , **** with 1 refresh each since they have been in the hard nodes...
    I see definitely a lower drop rate
  • Options
    and censoring the acronym of Millenium Falcon in the chat is another interesting approach from EA :p
  • Options

you meant drop rate was good? Because since the last week's update , everything has been worse than before ! I used to get 2 or 3 shards per 5 battles , now it is 1 or 2 ..
    And I have been collecting Kylo , Reaper , **** with 1 refresh each since they have been in the hard nodes...
    I see definitely a lower drop rate

It's just perceptual bias in the runs.

I was doing mediocre before (1 shard, often 0) and since the update I've gotten 2 or 3 most days.

It's just statistics. You're on a bad run, and I'm on a good run.
  • Options
    It may even be that now we have five attempts instead of 3. So getting more shards should almost be expected. Farming is now 40% faster than it was.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It may even be that now we have five attempts instead of 3. So getting more shards should almost be expected. Farming is now 40% faster than it was.

Yeah, that could be part of it. With 3 shots a day for characters you could expect 1 shard a day, with 5 you can expect 1.66, which gives the perception of higher drop rates, even though the actual rate is unchanged.

That said, I will (anecdotally) point out that I get more Falcon blueprints than Rey shards each day that I can remember. As I said, it’s purely anecdotal, but something worth tracking.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Yeah I might start taking a closer look at it. I am farming shore trooper next so that'll be a long farm and a good gauge on the ships progress.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I’ve been farming Millennium Falcon since it was put in its node and I’m about half way to 5*. I do Kylo’s Command Shuttle a couple times a week when I have spare energy and I’m at about 25/80 already. This seems really fast—AND I AM NOT COMPLAINING—and got me wondering about the drop rate. I haven’t logged it to be certain, but it (subjectively) feels like it’s closer to 40%.

That could be luck. Or it could be perception bias. Or it could be higher. Has anyone started logging it?

You mean 65, not 80.

Been farming all three nodes daily since day one starting at 0 on all three, currently at 27/65 on Kylo to 5*, 25/65 Reaper, 15/65 on Falcon.

Remember some Kylo ship shards also dropped from events.
  • Options

I've been farming millennium falcon a couple weeks after it was available and I already unlocked it, no refreshes
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »

You mean 65, not 80.

Been farming all three nodes daily since day one starting at 0 on all three, currently at 27/65 on Kylo to 5*, 25/65 Reaper, 15/65 on Falcon.

Remember some Kylo ship shards also dropped from events.
    No you need 80 shards to activate kylo Rens shuttle
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to better sub forum.