I can't be the only one...

HCRacerX
posts Member
edited November 2017
So, I've gotten incredibly frustrated as of late with opponents that do things that literally cannot be done in the game...and they do it all the time. I had just assumed that people had hacked the game and were cheating, but it does not make it any less frustrating. I have spent way too much time and money on this game to just tolerate this without speaking up. Just in the last couple of weeks I've seen:

Character Battles
- Squads that are a lower level than mine (Mine is Lvl 85, 7 Star) kill my entire squad without a single one of my characters ever getting a single turn. This, of course, should be absolutely impossible. Yet it happens at least once a day.
- Characters that attack or counterattack far more than their maximum amount. Frequently a single opponent character will pick one of my squad and attack repeatedly until that character dies. As many as 7, 8, 9 times in a row without interruption. I just had Dooku counter 9 times in a row right before I logged on to write this. Pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen, right?
- Stunned characters who get hit, become unstunned, counterattack, then go back to being stunned. Seriously, you can't tell me this isn't cheating.
- Opponents who don't take damage. They just don't. I can wail away at them for turn after turn, doing tens of thousands of points of damage, and their health bar doesn't move.
- Health and/or Protection meters refilling completely after every hit. I'm not referring to zeta Savage here either.

Ship Battles
- Squads at a waaaaay lower level than me (Lvl 60-65 and 3-4 stars lower) killing in 1 hit. Your 3 star ship blows up my Lvl 85 6 star Asoka's or Jedi Consular Starfighter in 1 hit? HOW?
- Ships that GAIN protection from damage. Basically, the more damage you do to them, the more protection they gain.
- Nonexistant cooldowns. Abilities that have 3 turn cooldowns being done turn after turn. Not after using Master Plan, just all the time.
- The Endurance performing its ultimate "Convergence" ability on turn 3, and then every subsequent turn until you lose.

I've already started playing other games as a result of the frustration. If these things aren't fixed soon, I will absolutely take my time and money elsewhere.
Post edited by ShaolinPunk on

Replies

• Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Lol I hate to break it to you, but "hacking" as you call it (if that was the case), would only happen on their client side, not on your battles. So if you wanna quit, go right ahead, but this has nothing to do with hacking or cheating.
  • Seems you need to work on your sinergy and mods
  • DigitalLime2
    259 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Just a tip: threats don't work, they just make you seem like someone you probably aren't.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    talk to @CG_LucifersDaddy , make a note of who these opponents are and report them.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It's not called cheating, hacking or anything of the sort. It's called mods, synergy, better characters and on the ship side of things, everything counts.
    Edit: oh and btw, you should get to know character abilities... dooku has 100% counter chance.
  • I don't think anyone else has experienced this. I'd recommend making some video's of what you're seeing and I can guarantee you'll get feedback base don that.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • ZETAS brother zetas
  • Zavage/zarris and gk etc....
  • HCRacerX wrote: »
    Squads that are a lower level than mine (Mine is Lvl 85, 7 Star) kill my entire squad without a single one of my characters ever getting a single turn. This, of course, should be absolutely impossible. Yet it happens at least once a day.

Resistance? Yes, if Finn is zeta'd and Poe goes first and gets some exposes, you're toast.
    HCRacerX wrote: »
    Characters that attack or counterattack far more than their maximum amount. Frequently a single opponent character will pick one of my squad and attack repeatedly until that character dies. As many as 7, 8, 9 times in a row without interruption. I just had Dooku counter 9 times in a row right before I logged on to write this. Pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen, right?

Dooku has 100% counter attack and he also has a multi-attack chance. Under a Darth Nihilus lead, he gains health steal. If you don't have someone who can daze, stun, or provide heal immunity he can be very tough.

Stunned characters who get hit, become unstunned, counterattack, then go back to being stunned. Seriously, you can't tell me this isn't cheating.

Entirely possible under certain circumstances, especially if this character was Savage Oppress.
    Opponents who don't take damage. They just don't. I can wail away at them for turn after turn, doing tens of thousands of points of damage, and their health bar doesn't move.

Health and/or Protection meters refilling completely after every hit. I'm not referring to zeta Savage here either.
    After you hit them or after they hit you? There are scenarios in which both can happen.

The moral of the story is that there are a lot of complicated mechanics in play and understanding them all can be difficult (I still need to remind myself of Barris' obnoxious passive dispel). But learning them lets you compose effective squads that you can put to your own advantage.
  • What affects a ships speed.

Pilot level.
    What *mod the pilot has
    Level of the *mod
    Pilot - special ship ability level
    Pilots level of abilities
    Pilot’s gear slots filled or empty

Are the ships individual abilities maxed out
    Ship level
    Star level of ship
  • If you want to speak up go for it but ultimately there are tools in place to contact the devs about these types of issues
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    thanks for the laughs! Well, only one laugh, but i had a good chuckle while reading your post.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Every thing he pointed out as a complaint has a valid, in-game mechanic that makes it happen. Sounds to me like the OP doesn't know the game that well.

"Why is that FO Tie Fighter using strafe every turn? It must be cheating!"
  • You need a video of what you’re saying because I’ve never seen anything like this
  • HCRacerX wrote: »
    So, I've gotten incredibly frustrated as of late with opponents that do things that literally cannot be done in the game...and they do it all the time. I had just assumed that people had hacked the game and were cheating, but it does not make it any less frustrating. I have spent way too much time and money on this game to just tolerate this without speaking up. Just in the last couple of weeks I've seen:

Character Battles
    - Squads that are a lower level than mine (Mine is Lvl 85, 7 Star) kill my entire squad without a single one of my characters ever getting a single turn. This, of course, should be absolutely impossible. Yet it happens at least once a day.
    - Characters that attack or counterattack far more than their maximum amount. Frequently a single opponent character will pick one of my squad and attack repeatedly until that character dies. As many as 7, 8, 9 times in a row without interruption. I just had Dooku counter 9 times in a row right before I logged on to write this. Pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen, right?
    - Stunned characters who get hit, become unstunned, counterattack, then go back to being stunned. Seriously, you can't tell me this isn't cheating.
    - Opponents who don't take damage. They just don't. I can wail away at them for turn after turn, doing tens of thousands of points of damage, and their health bar doesn't move.
    - Health and/or Protection meters refilling completely after every hit. I'm not referring to zeta Savage here either.

Ship Battles
    - Squads at a waaaaay lower level than me (Lvl 60-65 and 3-4 stars lower) killing in 1 hit. Your 3 star ship blows up my Lvl 85 6 star Asoka's or Jedi Consular Starfighter in 1 hit? HOW?
    - Ships that GAIN protection from damage. Basically, the more damage you do to them, the more protection they gain.
    - Nonexistant cooldowns. Abilities that have 3 turn cooldowns being done turn after turn. Not after using Master Plan, just all the time.
    - The Endurance performing its ultimate "Convergence" ability on turn 3, and then every subsequent turn until you lose.

I've already started playing other games as a result of the frustration. If these things aren't fixed soon, I will absolutely take my time and money elsewhere.

Literally everything you've described can be explained by a mechanic that exists within the game. Team taking multiple turns before you? Then your team is way too slow. Dooku countering multiple times? Guess what? He has a 100% counter chance AND a multi-attack chance. The way his counter works is, every hit he's countering has a chance to be a multi-hit counter. So if you hit him more than once in 1 turn, you're going to get hit back A LOT. Stunned characters immediately breaking out of stun to attack and then get stunned again? Probably a zSavage, who pulls his team's debuffs off and puts them on himself (in other words, you probably stunned him and someone else, he broke out of his stun, then pulled the other stun off the other character). Characters regaining health immediately after taking damage? Either you fought a zbarris team or you fought a chaze team and they had multiple HOTs stacked together from you doing damage to them.

Star count means virtually nothing when it comes to characters other than what events they can participate in. The difference in power between a 4-star and a 7-star is minimal at best. What matters is gear level, mods, synergy and what zetas are in play. If you have no mods, it doesn't matter if your characters are g12 and 7-star, you'll still be outclassed by a weaker team with better mods, synergy and the right zeta(s).

Maybe you should spend less time filling the forums with empty threats, and more time learning the multitude of mechanics that exist in this game so you can avoid these situations in the future.
  • Haha Dooku did a do-do. It's like it was 2016 again in here.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • So I think there may be a display issue. It’s possible the enemy teams are not displaying their stats accurately.
  • The AI has a 15-20% ability increase to compensate for its ****.

Huh, I didn't know that, but it makes sense. So an increase on certain toon's stats?

As far as fleet goes, strategy plays a larger role than in the squad arena. That's probably why you're losing to fleets with lower power ratings. It happens to me all the time but that's because I'm using the ships I enjoy rather than the ones that would lock my spot.

Squad arena is a little different. I can agree that certain counters do get ridiculous and frustrating, especially when they are backed by some special ability or buff. However, they have only forced me to learn the more about the game and improve my squad. I'd suggest you do the same, cause you'll be laughing with joy when you start seeing your own toons doing the same thing to your enemy.
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Hacking... I’m not sure that means what you think it means. Especially not in these types of games. Any hacks on a fight occurring on client side (PvP) are basically impossible to do. You’d have to hack the EA servers themselves.. which not many ppl on the planet have the skill to do. And even then, assuming yr dealing with this one in a million super hacker there’s no way they’d spend the considerable time and resources on hacking it for a game and not only would they not spend the countless hours required but they’d be caught and removed so quick that you’d probably never even have the chance to battle them with these “hacks.” That’s simply not how hacks work in these server side games. What the real issue here seems to be is you using toons that aren’t very good or bringing bad match ups to fights. Just because yr toons 7 star level 85 doesn’t really mean squat. A 7 star level 85 team with badly modded/geared toons with no synergy will be completely dominated by a 6 star level 80 meta squad that’s g11 with great mods. Classic case of get gud.
  • I mean it's entirely possible that you are running a bad team and need a new one
  • I mean it's entirely possible that you are running a bad team and need a new one

Probability: at least 85% chance.
  • This reminds me of this one time back in 'Nam. My squadmates and I used to play a lot of 500 rummy. We had been playing together for a number of months. It used to be just Skippy and me; we'd play a couple of times per week. But when a bunch of guys from second platoon shipped out and were replaced by a some fellas from the Cambodian border, we found the new guys liked to play cards. And they had a few decks that had pictures of pin-up gals on them. So we all became card-playing buddies instantly. But I digress.

One of the new guys, Marty from Des Moines, wasn't really skilled at 500. We think he had some memory issues due a head trauma he suffered when he ran into a tree while fetching a poorly thrown frisbee. At least the permanent lump and saggy eyelid were strong indicators that something was amiss with him. Anyways, as 500 is a game that strongly favors those with a fair amount of memory skills, Marty went 2-57 over a 6 week span. The two games he won were due to excessive drunkenness by his opponents. He was a proud fella, and didn't take to losing very well. At the beginning, he claimed he didn't understand the rules, and blamed us for not explaining them to his satisfaction. Then, when those excuses became stale and were no longer reasonable, he accused everyone of cheating. He thought we were conspiring together and playing footsies under the table to work against him. This angered a few us us, especially Biff, who one night had a few too many brews and decided to pop 'ol Marty once in the eye when he called him a cheat. Thankfully, Marty selected the non-saggy eye for his fist, so as not to cause 'ol Marty even greater damage to his misshapen noggin.

Sadly, this was the last game that Marty played with us. We all concluded that maybe this game just wasn't for him, and he was a better fit for the cooks in the mess tent who played checkers after their shifts ended.
  • It goes without saying that it takes time, study and squad development to succeed in this game. Let’s give each other credit for knowing that. This game does NOT provide the level playing field for different levels of play that would keep it fun for more casual players.
    PLEASE stop assuming we are all facing opponents and game modes that provide the same opportunities you, My critical compatriots , have enjoyed. If I could succeed in Building Materials Challenges and Fleet arena more often, I would have more Zetas and Credits to level up existing toons AND get the new superpower toons. I have studied the guides enough to know that it matters which Arena group of 3000 players you get assigned to. I wasn’t willing to quit and start over for a better chance to buy shards in the squad arena store. There is a lot of gambling and a lot of timing that we do not control in this game. The developers are somewhat responsive to the forums. That’s why a lot of us report dissatisfaction here. So let us do that, lucky or advanced players, and try not to be *****y egomaniac self boosters at the expense of the rest of us.

Useful information is welcome, put downs are not.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It goes without saying that it takes time, study and squad development to succeed in this game. Let’s give each other credit for knowing that. This game does NOT provide the level playing field for different levels of play that would keep it fun for more casual players.
    PLEASE stop assuming we are all facing opponents and game modes that provide the same opportunities you, My critical compatriots , have enjoyed. If I could succeed in Building Materials Challenges and Fleet arena more often, I would have more Zetas and Credits to level up existing toons AND get the new superpower toons. I have studied the guides enough to know that it matters which Arena group of 3000 players you get assigned to. I wasn’t willing to quit and start over for a better chance to buy shards in the squad arena store. There is a lot of gambling and a lot of timing that we do not control in this game. The developers are somewhat responsive to the forums. That’s why a lot of us report dissatisfaction here. So let us do that, lucky or advanced players, and try not to be *****y egomaniac self boosters at the expense of the rest of us.

Useful information is welcome, put downs are not.

Are you sure you're in the right thread?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Hahaha I had the same thought and was too lazy to check the rest of the posts.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH