Can we please dispense with the timer?

Why is this Arena mechanic here? We're not hurting other people by tying up a single opponent, we're hurting ourselves (as our guild mates can't finish off strong teams if we just hold them locked, and defensive teams can't be used by the enemy to attack either)

I have children and needed to respond, which caused me to lose a battle - and, yes, LOSE the battle since the defensive team remains in place but my attacking team is effectively destroyed.

If a timer must be put on here, for heavens' sake, make it a 30 minute timer. I suppose there's a reason not to give infinite time if your game hangs and you can't get back in and want your guild-mates to finish, but the 5-minute timer doesn't serve the same purpose in TW that it does in Arena. In arena, it benefits you to be in battle because no one can challenge you. In TW, no one can challenge your attacking team, and if you don't finish a fight, you don't win banners.

This mechanic is not needed and causes problems for those of us with children or other real-life responsibilities.

Please end the timer, allow for a pause function, or set it for much, much longer.

The best possible response would be an interrupt function: the attackers can be used again, but only to resume the same battle against the same squad, and it picks up exactly where it left off, with debuffs and buffs in place, TM as it was, etc.

During an interrupted fight, another guild ally could start attacking the same group, but if they do, the guild ally that had an interrupted fight cannot restart that fight ... ever. And since those attackers can't be used to fight anyone else, jumping into someone else's interrupted fight kills your guild-mate's attackers. You can do it, and you might want to when time is ticking down, but you never do it lightly.

If an interrupt function existed, then the timer would be time to interrupt, not time to end - so someone who is having trouble with the client hanging could get back in and restart the fight. But the fact that the client was hanging for that person doesn't mean that the rest of the guild is prevented from beating that squad.

There could also be a manual choice to interrupt, but the important point is that the timer should not defeat your attackers in the manner of Arena. It's wrong, it doesn't serve the same purpose, and it makes it harder to use certain teams (at least Phoenix and Resistance, but there are probably others) on offense that take time to wear down enemies or build up their bonuses/buffs.

Replies

• Well.... it would take away the tactic of us using a time-out team in defence so, less tactical, arguably?
    Just a thought x
  • If you're using a team that is constantly regenerating so as to use the time out defense, there's a strong chance (not guaranteed, but strong) that the time limit doesn't matter. When you're fighting a zeta-Savage, the danger isn't that you can't deal Savage's Health in damage over 5 minutes. The danger is every time you deal health damage, Savage regenerates it all back and you have to start fresh on your next attack. That danger doesn't change in minute 6 or minute 11 or minute 303.

There are probably time-out defense teams that can be worn down, just not quickly, but I'm not thinking of them at the moment. As far as I know, time-out defense would still work, because the healing goes on endlessly. At that point, your attacker is defeated and another team can come in (if you have one that can beat the time-out team) and finish things off. So time-out defense works just as effectively either way.

The point, though, of the timer is that in Arena you can flat-out cheat. Score yourself #1 on your shard, then start a fight and go to sleep with the auto-battle off. No one can take your place at #1 for that whole time, and you can't fall in rank in a way that would require you to use attempts the next day to climb back up the ladder.

That's why a timer is needed in Arena.

The same is simply not true here, and so the need for a timer is not nearly the same and quite possibly non-existent.