TW Spies

My guild, Angels of Absolution got matched up against GiD My Schwartz is Bigger for TW. Within hours of the battle starting, we had a person apply to the guild through the in game application feature. We don't usually accept people without vetting them first but this one slipped through and they were accepted. Shortly after acceptance it was noticed that they were from the guild we were fighting since they had squads deployed for them on defense. They were immediately kicked and we should still pull out the win. However, questions remain, how much access to our defensive deployments did they have visibility of and how can we prevent this from happening in the future? I'm sure this isn't the only instance of this happening. There should be safeguards in place so that the unscrupulous guilds out there don't find a way to get ahead through underhanded tactics.
maximum effort

Angels Reborn

Replies

• Sorry, I'm giving this one to the Bothan spy.
    tIUDjrN.gif
    Keep those vents sealed!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • My guild, Angels of Absolution got matched up against GiD My Schwartz is Bigger for TW. Within hours of the battle starting, we had a person apply to the guild through the in game application feature. We don't usually accept people without vetting them first but this one slipped through and they were accepted. Shortly after acceptance it was noticed that they were from the guild we were fighting since they had squads deployed for them on defense. They were immediately kicked and we should still pull out the win. However, questions remain, how much access to our defensive deployments did they have visibility of and how can we prevent this from happening in the future? I'm sure this isn't the only instance of this happening. There should be safeguards in place so that the unscrupulous guilds out there don't find a way to get ahead through underhanded tactics.

Well if they join after the preview phase where you set you defense. They will see nothing (not even the event). If they joined before and were able to register for your TW they will see exactly what all other guild members will see.
  • If people are actually willing to do this, I say it adds to the fun. Good game spy... Good game.
  • Teague wrote: »
    If people are actually willing to do this, I say it adds to the fun. Good game spy... Good game.

Even though it is a bit pointless as the defenses are visible anyway once the attackphase beginns ;)
  • Corvus wrote: »
    Teague wrote: »
    If people are actually willing to do this, I say it adds to the fun. Good game spy... Good game.

Even though it is a bit pointless as the defenses are visible anyway once the attackphase beginns ;)

Only the front lines.
  • Teague wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »
    Teague wrote: »

Only the front lines.

Really? interesting never really paid attention will do next thx for the heads up
  • I don’t get how this is possible.

You’re saying the “spy” had defensive squads posted for the team you were facing and also was a part of your offensive team? How could that be possible.
    I guess if they used an identically named alt or something...

Was the spy named “Mol Eliza” by any chance?
  • Keep your guild at 50/50 and you won't need to accept anyone new during a TW :)
  • Corvus wrote: »
    My guild, Angels of Absolution got matched up against GiD My Schwartz is Bigger for TW. Within hours of the battle starting, we had a person apply to the guild through the in game application feature. We don't usually accept people without vetting them first but this one slipped through and they were accepted. Shortly after acceptance it was noticed that they were from the guild we were fighting since they had squads deployed for them on defense. They were immediately kicked and we should still pull out the win. However, questions remain, how much access to our defensive deployments did they have visibility of and how can we prevent this from happening in the future? I'm sure this isn't the only instance of this happening. There should be safeguards in place so that the unscrupulous guilds out there don't find a way to get ahead through underhanded tactics.

Well if they join after the preview phase where you set you defense. They will see nothing (not even the event). If they joined before and were able to register for your TW they will see exactly what all other guild members will see.

They had defensive squads deployed for our opponent and after the attack phase began they joined our guild. I hope you are correct and that seems to fit with how it works with other events, but I don't know for sure how it is set up. I just want to make sure there aren't any loopholes to exploit.
    maximum effort

Angels Reborn
  • Lol
  • Espionage is part of war. If you are aggrieved by it- then start doing it ;)
  • I'm afraid this sort of activity benefits no one and hurts everyone. There is nothing gained and everything lost by doing this. So, don't worry about it!
  • Is this perhaps what the report other guild button is for in the review stage?
    (That isn't clear from the in game documentation - what do they consider cheating.
    Could be worth researching.)

If this was a spy, seems particularly clumsy. (Why would one use a unique/readily identified name for that?)

Did you ask them about it, or just assume and boot?
    If it was the same person, they might have had an interesting reason.
    They could have been a deserter/turncoat. They might have been booted from the other team, and joined you because you looked like a good team to join. They might have offered you intel. from their former team. (Now, whether the intel was good or not - well, that is part of the game.)
    They might just happen to have the same name.
    If you didn't ask, you missed out on much of the fun.