Territory War Ties [Merged]

Replies

• Both first would be an even split...
  • My point is you can do nothing and get the same rewards and putting in everything you have and killing 100%.
  • Understandable. The way I see it is that if both opponents clear the board then they should both get second because they each failed to make an effective defense.
  • Both first would be nice. I thought we lived in the new america were everyone is 1st place
  • Moved to Territory Wars subsection.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Andyroo880 wrote: »
    Did any guild who put their best 4 teams in defence have a draw?

Most guilds were pretty conservative about holding teams back for attacking.
    That's not the best strategy. You should put your very best teams on Defence and then try and win with your tier 2 teams.

Team Instinct managed to stop a 132m GP guild from clearing their table.

Let's give it a few more Territory Wars to see if it's still an issue.

We went max defense - still a tie.

TI (and the rest of the elite whale guilds) are an exception. Most teams have about 5-10 g12 toons. As such not every defensive team is 5 g12, fully maxed heroes. at least have the defensive teams are g11 solid synergy teams - which can easily be beaten by other g11 teams with good synergy in the hands of human player.

Even if you pull my top 20 toons from my roster and put them on defense. I would still have 53 g9 or better heroes to defeat those teams. And some of those g9 (and lower) are Phoenix, Rebels, NS, droids, etc. - teams that are very effective on offense in the hands of a human player.

I just want to perfectly clear though. I do NOT want CG/EA to change the system. The tie situation seems to only be an issue for a very specific segment of the guilds in the game (of which I am apparently part). But I do not want a tie-breaker put in place that could make things worse. Just leave it for a month or so and see how it plays out. Please.

It reminds me of the "almost to level 85" GW "wall" that people used to hit. It is only there until you reach a certain level (and a certain level of understanding of the content and how to strategize best for it).
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • SinisterOi
    33 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    you are being matched with a guild at the same GP. Why do you assume your doing something wrong if they also get 100% lol. I didn't think I was asking for a hand out. Doesn't seem like there is any incentive to win.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    We ran max defense this time. Our opponent did not. We still tied. Our guilds are both 120+ million GP. I think once you get to the higher levels (unless you are talking massive whale elite who have EVERYONE in g12) there is simply too much depth.

To address your specific question as related to my roster, I have 35 heroes g11 or above. Take the top 20 for defense, that still leaves 15 at g11 + 38 at g9 or higher - and some of those g9 are Phoenix, Droids, Rebels (heroes that have good synergies on offense).

As such, I can, fairly easily, take out each ONE of my 4 defense teams with 2+ squads of lesser toons. Even at max defense. Sure, at lower levels (where there isn't much depth) or the extremely high levels (where every roster has multiple teams - all G12 and all modded to the max are the norm) that isn't the case. But as CG has already acknowledged, ties very much will be the norm for 100+ million GP guilds for the near future.

Is it a "problem"? I don't know. It does seem odd that there is really no way to strategize around a tie at those levels. Max defense doesn't work for the reasons outlined above and max offense doesn't work either (as already noted).

It is what it is. Honestly, it is less stressful, knowing that it doesn't matter - we're going to tie no matter what.

Both guilds obviously need to go for max def, otherwise it won't work. Not going for full def usually results in a draw regardless of what the enemy does, so why do it? Bad strategy on their part imo.
    I feel like we're blaming the game design for our own strategic shortcommings.

For the record, I've got 45 g11+ characters, but i'm definately going to struggle to beat my top 4 def teams, if i'm even able to defeat them at all. Key characters that i "need" to defeat my def teams are part of my def teams. I'm not trying to call you a liar, but you might underestimate how difficult your own top 4 is to beat, or overestimate how well the rest of your roster performs vs your top 4. It looks way easier on paper than it actually is, well atleast that is my experience when trying to take down arena teams without my 20 best characters.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • how about they introduce a tie breaker system where the guild that took the least amount of attempts to defeat enemies defense teams wins the tie breaker? this sounds fair and i doubt anyone would tie after this method.
  • SinisterOi
    33 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I didn't know there was a million other people with the same concern. Sorry for another post. Hopefully they address it.
  • I like competition. Getting the loser rewards for 100% completion is a waste of time. I would much rather just have a coin flip determine a winner and loser than waste time playing this as it is anymore.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    We put in our best defense and it looks like we’ll win today. I’m not sure if the other team has enough left to win or just gave up. Either way the best way to win this is to stack the defense and let the offense take care of itself.
  • We don't all live in America and both 1st would mean guilds collude.
  • I'll agree, if both teams cleared map, end in tie you both are first. You both clearly didn't lose so why get punished. I mean if every event in the world was lose lose if both tied a lot of people wouldn't compete. Something has to give. Just my 2 cents, not that I'm a competitive sort. My guild has gotten creamed the first 2 tw. And I appreciate the pretty decent rewards. But those that are competitive they definitely need a tie breaker or many will stop trying
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Split the rewards equally for ties.

Nah, that would take the incentive away to actually try to win, but play it on safe instead (or collude).
  • In another thread someone suggested a small banner amount award for a defensive victory. To me this seems like a good approach to diminish the amount of ties. Then award any guilds that still end up in a tie the victory award.
    B_O_S_S_K in SW:G | G O R N in ST:T
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    B_O_S_S_K wrote: »
    In another thread someone suggested a small banner amount award for a defensive victory. To me this seems like a good approach to diminish the amount of ties. Then award any guilds that still end up in a tie the victory award.

i disagree. The way to diminish the amount of ties is to go full def. Losing banners (or giving banners to the enemy) by losing on offence will reduce the usefullness of your entire roster.
  • leef wrote: »
    In another thread someone suggested a small banner amount award for a defensive victory. To me this seems like a good approach to diminish the amount of ties. Then award any guilds that still end up in a tie the victory award.

i disagree. The way to diminish the amount of ties is to go full def. Losing banners (or giving banners to the enemy) by losing on offence will reduce the usefullness of your entire roster.

I don't see your logic, but I know people have concerns about the banners for successful defense. I think any of those issues are minor in comparison to the likelihood of ties. Full defense sounds like a strategy that would diminish ties by ensuring a loss for the guild employing that strategy.
  • Whichever guild cleared all territories first, wins - this would be my solution. There would still be a really small chance of both finishing the exact same time, but its far more unlikely.
  • What if we as a community allowed guilds who clear the board first to win?

In all seriousness, what is our motivation other than to hurt the other guild to tie at that point?
  • B_O_S_S_K wrote: »

best idea here by a mile. someone give this man a reward, 10 clone wars chewie shards for you.
  • Kriesha wrote: »
    Whichever guild cleared all territories first, wins - this would be my solution. There would still be a really small chance of both finishing the exact same time, but its far more unlikely.

This only works if guilds can select their start time. Otherwise it handicaps any guild in an area where start time is 3am, for example.
  • Clearing the board first is not an option. With international guilds, it doesnt make sense if one guild can get on before the other.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

I don't see your logic, but I know people have concerns about the banners for successful defense.
    My logic? you can't use your low-ish characters because you'll just be giving points to your enemy.
    I think any of those issues are minor in comparison to the likelihood of ties. Full defense sounds like a strategy that would diminish ties by ensuring a loss for the guild employing that strategy.
    Or win. Going for the tie is futile anyway, you'll still end up with 2nd place rewards.
  • Hawk_Eye wrote: »
    Clearing the board first is not an option. With international guilds, it doesnt make sense if one guild can get on before the other.

I completely agree that it's not a good tie breaker. What I'm saying is that right now, no one benefits from both second place. So what if the community came together in a friendly gesture of letting the other guilds win rather than no one winning....until CG gives us the tie breaker
    leef wrote: »

I don't see your logic, but I know people have concerns about the banners for successful defense. I think any of those issues are minor in comparison to the likelihood of ties. Full defense sounds like a strategy that would diminish ties by ensuring a loss for the guild employing that strategy.

His logic is: Guilds will start maxing def and watch the opponents guild feeding them additional banners, while they dont do anything at all.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Don't go for the draw in the first place, go full def.
    Kriesha wrote: »
    Whichever guild cleared all territories first, wins - this would be my solution. There would still be a really small chance of both finishing the exact same time, but its far more unlikely.

This only works if guilds can select their start time. Otherwise it handicaps any guild in an area where start time is 3am, for example.

Hm... yeah, those pesky time zones...
  • First thanks for tw. The rewards are a good step but as always nothing is ever perfect.

I don't like to post on forums yet I am always an active player in any game I play. It bugs me this was a known issue and not addressed. I am in a 70mil guild and we were able to clear both wars so far. We won the first due to a good 10mil gp advantage. Our next war 70 v 70 gp. While we had some no shows still cleared the map. The only win is in denying the other team a win. This aint' soccer. Please address this issue as if it is this way when we are 70mil gp then how will it be when we are 80 or 90mil or even 100+? At the rate of new toons released rosters will continue to get larger and larger. Was this not thought out? Please don't monitor and address the issue. An issue is an issue and monitoring is not addressing.

Please fix the system. Thats all
  • The only thing that solves tie is to give point for successful defense.