Get a new unit for free in March just by logging in the game every day!

Prev1
Reyia
1171 posts Member
In the patch note for the update next week Jesse wrote:

The daily login character for March will be an all new unit that recovers quickly from debuffs and deals potent AoE damage.

The new unit is the Magmatrooper. He's a Resilient Attacker that recovers quickly from debuffs and deals potent AoE damage. His abilities include dealing physical damage to enemies with a chance to damage another, deal physical damage to all enemies and remove turn meter ignoring armor, and gains turn meter whenever he resists or suffers a negative status effect.

So just log in every day and get a free character! Thanks CG! Much appreciated.

Replies

  • Probably a 2 or 3 stars characters.
    Hope the toon is farmable so that it will not be another useless toon.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    supachai wrote: »
    Probably a 2 or 3 stars characters.
    Hope the toon is farmable so that it will not be another useless toon.

    I certainly hope so too! Hopefully in cantina or in shipments. Otherwise it would take too long if it's only available in hard nodes.
  • Where did you get the details? Only very little info is in the notes...
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Reyia wrote: »
    In the patch note for the update next week Jesse wrote:

    The daily login character for March will be an all new unit that recovers quickly from debuffs and deals potent AoE damage.

    The new unit is the Magmatrooper. He's a Resilient Attacker that recovers quickly from debuffs and deals potent AoE damage. His abilities include dealing physical damage to enemies with a chance to damage another, deal physical damage to all enemies and remove turn meter ignoring armor, and gains turn meter whenever he resists or suffers a negative status effect.

    So just log in every day and get a free character! Thanks CG! Much appreciated.

    Is he clone , empire or what?

  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Where did you get the details? Only very little info is in the notes...

    The Internet is a good thing.
  • UNIT_MAGMATROOPER_DESC|Resilient Attacker that recovers quickly from debuffs and deals potent AoE damage
    BASICABILITY_MAGMATROOPER_DESC|Deal Physical Damage to target enemy with a 35% chance to damage another random target. The secondary attack deals 50% less damage. BASICABILITY_MAGMATROOPER_NAME|Line of Fire BASICABILITY_MAGMATROOPER_TIER07_DESC|Deal Physical Damage to target enemy with a 65% chance to damage another random target. The secondary attack deals 35% less damage.
    SPECIALABILITY_MAGMATROOPER01_DESC|Deal Physical Damage to all enemies and remove 20% Turn Meter, with a 40% chance to remove another 20% Turn Meter. This attack ignores Armor. SPECIALABILITY_MAGMATROOPER01_NAME|Thermal Imploder SPECIALABILITY_MAGMATROOPER01_TIER07_DESC|Deal Physical Damage to all enemies and remove 30% Turn Meter, with a 40% chance to remove another 30% Turn Meter. This attack ignores Armor.
    UNIQUEABILITY_MAGMATROOPER01_DESC|Magmatrooper has +15% Tenacity and gains 20% Turn Meter whenever he Resists or suffers a negative status effect. UNIQUEABILITY_MAGMATROOPER01_NAME|Hazard Training UNIQUEABILITY_MAGMATROOPER01_TIER07_DESC|Magmatrooper has +30% Tenacity and gains 60% Turn Meter whenever he Resists or suffers a negative status effect.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Reyia wrote: »
    In the patch note for the update next week Jesse wrote:

    The daily login character for March will be an all new unit that recovers quickly from debuffs and deals potent AoE damage.

    The new unit is the Magmatrooper. He's a Resilient Attacker that recovers quickly from debuffs and deals potent AoE damage. His abilities include dealing physical damage to enemies with a chance to damage another, deal physical damage to all enemies and remove turn meter ignoring armor, and gains turn meter whenever he resists or suffers a negative status effect.

    So just log in every day and get a free character! Thanks CG! Much appreciated.

    Is he clone , empire or what?

    Lol ask @cosmicturtle333
  • Reyia wrote: »
    Reyia wrote: »
    In the patch note for the update next week Jesse wrote:

    The daily login character for March will be an all new unit that recovers quickly from debuffs and deals potent AoE damage.

    The new unit is the Magmatrooper. He's a Resilient Attacker that recovers quickly from debuffs and deals potent AoE damage. His abilities include dealing physical damage to enemies with a chance to damage another, deal physical damage to all enemies and remove turn meter ignoring armor, and gains turn meter whenever he resists or suffers a negative status effect.

    So just log in every day and get a free character! Thanks CG! Much appreciated.

    Is he clone , empire or what?

    Lol ask @cosmicturtle333

    It doesn't say. I reckon he will most likely be empire, but possibly first order.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Magna trooper is a red stormtrooper is'nt he?
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Ballquid wrote: »
    Magna trooper is a red stormtrooper is'nt he?

    Yes he looks red in the wiki.
    Magma stormtrooper
  • Showdown4lpha
    91 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Awesome! Thanks for posting the info, guys/gals! Looking forward to seeing him in action. Even if he's just a 2 star I'll still be happy. He's free and looks cool!

    Did they appear in any movies? Comics? Cartoons? I don't remember seeing them in the films.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Awesome! Thanks for posting the info, guys/gals! Looking forward to seeing him in action. Even if he's just a 2 star I'll still be happy. He's free and looks cool!

    You are welcome! Kind of excited to play with a brand new hero too! Sure will be worth the wait to finally obtain enough shards to activate him. Besides he's free, so why not? Just want everyone to know beforehand so as not to miss one day of not logging in and missing out on him.
  • Its to early for april fools day.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Holysilver wrote: »
    Its to early for april fools day.

    It's not a joke. Please refer to the patch notes.

    Patch notes for next week's update.
  • Magma Trooper is Empire, Flame Trooper is First Order.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Supreme wrote: »
    Magma Trooper is Empire, Flame Trooper is First Order.

    Nice, and with the boost to Royal Guard we could have a new empire team/meta with Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, General Veers.
  • Reyia wrote: »
    Supreme wrote: »
    Magma Trooper is Empire, Flame Trooper is First Order.

    Nice, and with the boost to Royal Guard we could have a new empire team/meta with Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, General Veers.

    Do I smell Empire event in the air?
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Reyia wrote: »
    Holysilver wrote: »
    Its to early for april fools day.

    It's not a joke. Please refer to the patch notes.

    Patch notes for next week's update.

    I think he's talking about everyone supposing to be hyped about a magnatrooper being the joke.
    [SøtFØ] Leader
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Reyia wrote: »
    Supreme wrote: »
    Magma Trooper is Empire, Flame Trooper is First Order.

    Nice, and with the boost to Royal Guard we could have a new empire team/meta with Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, General Veers.

    Do I smell Empire event in the air?

    The scent is quite pleasant and charismatic. It evokes of tingling sensations of space.

    An Empire pack with character unlocks and shards will be released at the same time of the Empire event.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Reyia wrote: »
    Supreme wrote: »
    Magma Trooper is Empire, Flame Trooper is First Order.

    Nice, and with the boost to Royal Guard we could have a new empire team/meta with Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, General Veers.

    Do I smell Empire event in the air?

    Yes! Especially since there's an Emperor Palpatine boss already. He could be the unlockable character!

    Too bad I'm working hard to build my Jedi and First Order teams at the moment. Maybe down the road they could do a First Order event with Supreme Leader Snoke as the unlockable character!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Reyia wrote: »
    Supreme wrote: »
    Magma Trooper is Empire, Flame Trooper is First Order.

    Nice, and with the boost to Royal Guard we could have a new empire team/meta with Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, General Veers.

    Do I smell Empire event in the air?

    Yes! Especially since there's an Emperor Palpatine boss already. He could be the unlockable character!

    Too bad I'm working hard to build my Jedi and First Order teams at the moment. Maybe down the road they could do a First Order event with Supreme Leader Snoke as the unlockable character!

    Hopefully they do! I have unlocked most FO heroes and have Phasma and Kylo at 7* max gear. FOTP and FOO are still low stars but I won't mind hunting for their shards if the event is announced later on.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Reyia wrote: »
    Supreme wrote: »
    Magma Trooper is Empire, Flame Trooper is First Order.

    Nice, and with the boost to Royal Guard we could have a new empire team/meta with Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, General Veers.

    Do I smell Empire event in the air?

    Yes! Especially since there's an Emperor Palpatine boss already. He could be the unlockable character!

    Too bad I'm working hard to build my Jedi and First Order teams at the moment. Maybe down the road they could do a First Order event with Supreme Leader Snoke as the unlockable character!

    I wouldn't expect Snoke before he is fully revealed in the movies, and that will most probably happen in ep. IX... But they do seem to be setting up an Empire event, giving one character for free, reworking another to be useful. Before the Jedi event, they buffed Mace and made QGJ farmable, this might be the case too.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Nauros wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Reyia wrote: »
    Supreme wrote: »
    Magma Trooper is Empire, Flame Trooper is First Order.

    Nice, and with the boost to Royal Guard we could have a new empire team/meta with Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, General Veers.

    Do I smell Empire event in the air?

    Yes! Especially since there's an Emperor Palpatine boss already. He could be the unlockable character!

    Too bad I'm working hard to build my Jedi and First Order teams at the moment. Maybe down the road they could do a First Order event with Supreme Leader Snoke as the unlockable character!

    I wouldn't expect Snoke before he is fully revealed in the movies, and that will most probably happen in ep. IX... But they do seem to be setting up an Empire event, giving one character for free, reworking another to be useful. Before the Jedi event, they buffed Mace and made QGJ farmable, this might be the case too.

    True. And they are moving a hero to the cantina from chromium so that he become farmable.

    "Another character will be moved from Chromium Packs to Cantina Battles 1-E and 5-F."
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    FYI they did this in December as well with FOTP. I'm glad to see a return to useful login shards after 2 months of dubious ones.
    Based on past patterns, this character will be 2*, which means they will also need to add some way of farming him for him to be useful.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I'm sure Magma Trooper's AoE will be with a flame thrower. That'd be pretty cool
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    FYI they did this in December as well with FOTP. I'm glad to see a return to useful login shards after 2 months of dubious ones.
    Based on past patterns, this character will be 2*, which means they will also need to add some way of farming him for him to be useful.

    I haven't even discovered the game back then so I had no idea. Started to play when Cad Bane was in the login rewards and couldn't complete him. No way to farm him except from chromium packs.

    Hopefully March's free character can be farmed.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    I'm sure Magma Trooper's AoE will be with a flame thrower. That'd be pretty cool

    Wouldn't that be a bit like Close Sergeant - Phase 1 suppressive fire?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    @Reyia - Yeah I figured, which is why I wanted to mention it. :) Cad Bane was an awful choice at the time, and why it is likely he will be the one moved to Cantina. IG-86 was also awful but for the opposite reason: everyone already has him and 30 shards of him are merely 2 days of GW.
    Qeltar wrote: »
    FYI they did this in December as well with FOTP. I'm glad to see a return to useful login shards after 2 months of dubious ones.
    Based on past patterns, this character will be 2*, which means they will also need to add some way of farming him for him to be useful.

    It's great and all bringing new chars to the game, don't you think they should address the credits problem?

    They don't consider there to be a credit problem. Want more credits? Buy them in the store.
    The events were made cruddy on purpose.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Nauros
    2994 posts Member
    I'm sure Magma Trooper's AoE will be with a flame thrower. That'd be pretty cool

    It's Thermal Imploder.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
Sign In or Register to comment.