We ever gonna get LGBT in-game characters?

Prev13456

Replies

• Why should we care about se.xual orientations and preferences, especially in a game?
  • Whats a characters sexuality go to do with a mobile game?

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Why asking that, do you expect gendered attacks working only on females or males ?
  • How do you know there’s not already? That’s pretty bigoted tbh
  • We live in sad days when we're all so obsessed with everyone else's private lives and proclivities. When this is even extended to fictional characters I rather feel it's because we've got nothing sensible to spend time thinking about. First world problems...
  • Nice attempt at trolling, but no
  • Omeah wrote: »
    I'm here for SW not SJWs

Yes.
  • You already have Kaeden Larte
  • If it's important enough to talk about for the movies (and it is) it's important enough to talk about for the games. This game included. If you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend it's not part of the game if they add it then that's up to you.

Maybe one of the upcoming new Dark Side characters will be Moff Mors.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    If you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend it's not part of the game if they add it then that's up to you.

The only way it would be a "part of the game" would be if a character's sexuality affected or impacted their performance in anyway.

Which seems more than a little bit unlikely...

If you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend it's not part of the game if they add it then that's up to you.

The only way it would be a "part of the game" would be if a character's sexuality affected or impacted their performance in anyway.

• Are we ever going to add diabetic characters to the game?
  • I have dry skin. Please give ROTJ Luke psoriasis so I feel included .

All the OP wants as part of the game are LBGT characters. That's all I meant as part of the game as well. If such characters are introduced into the movies (and several are already part of canon by way of the books including Sinjir Rath Velus and Conder Kyl for light side characters) and then here people can completely ignore their orientation without effecting game play. It would be a nice addition for those that want it.
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

All the OP wants as part of the game are LBGT characters. That's all I meant as part of the game as well. If such characters are introduced into the movies (and several are already part of canon by way of the books including Sinjir Rath Velus and Conder Kyl for light side characters) and then here people can completely ignore their orientation without effecting game play. It would be a nice addition for those that want it.

Im sure if one comes in game, they will be added based on their role as part of the SW universe, not because of their sexual orientation
  • DrMaggot
    227 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Really!?! Sexual orientation and political movements have no place in Star Wars or related games.

Well to be fair politics is very much part of Star Wars. The Dark Side is obviously fas.cist, the Republic and democracy are good guys, and that's very much picking a political side.
    Not that I disagree but it's already politicaly tainted.

Also terrorism seems a light side stuff.

Im sure if one comes in game, they will be added based on their role as part of the SW universe, not because of their sexual orientation

The same way Bistan and Pao were selected based on their role as part of the SW universe? :D

I can't speak for OP but that's what I meant as well. Which is why I said, "If such characters are introduced into the movies"
  • OneWorldAway
    545 posts Member
    edited December 2017

They should never add anything to this game from the garbage fire that was Chuck Wendig's Aftermath series. The man ruined the new cannon by making it a PC playground rather than an intelligent addition to the series.
  • I identify as a toaster, please add toaster strudels and toaster oven as toons so i too, am not offended

The same way Bistan and Pao were selected based on their role as part of the SW universe? :D

I can't speak for OP but that's what I meant as well. Which is why I said, "If such characters are introduced into the movies"

Well played sir
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    What is LBGT ? too lazy to read the entire article.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Does it matter?
  • We’d first need to have a significant LGBT character in the main series... fingers crossed for Poe.

Though I don’t understand why it matters for a game such as this. I understand it in an RPG or any other game that actually has character depth (and frequent dialogue), but this game doesn’t have any character depth to identify with.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    I think people just like being able to identify with someone in a story. Stories are more enjoyable when there is a strong connection. It's understandable that there are tons of star wars fans who want to see a more relatable character.

And if sexual orientation didn't have a significant impact outside of the bedroom, then this wouldn't actually be a discussion.
  • CG could please add a "gender" tag to each character? Also please make sure we have all the 80 or whatever number of sexes there are.
  • Ashoka- Aayla

Am i right?
  • CG could please add a "gender" tag to each character? Also please make sure we have all the 80 or whatever number of sexes there are.

CG also add a tag of what sexuality each character is. I want to have a full LGBT team in this game. Also can LGBT characters be like super overpowered so I don’t get triggered. Thanks!
  • I can't believe that this is a real issue to discuss here...
    Poor Star Wars... :'(
This discussion has been closed.