LS 9B help

Hi, I need some help beating the LS 9B battle. I have a resistance team that I use, with zFinn and z number crunch R2. Rest of my team is rs trooper, rey and ofcourse poe. I have been trying to beat ls 9b using this team with a borrowed wedge lead,but every time i try, i get pasted right in the 2nd wave. Only once did i manage to make it to 3rd wave but poe missed a couple exposes and then embo pasted me. I beat the entire dark side 9 with a gear 8 terrible mod nihilus sith team, so why is this giving me so much trouble?

My question is, what can i do that will allow me to successfully 3 star this battle? i know i can upgrade my speed, but i don't want to mod farm because i still haven't beat the jawa challenge and am unwilling to divert cantina energy now when i should farm the vets. So can anyone suggest what else I could do, and what leaders i should borrow? my swgoh.gg profile is linked here:

https://swgoh.gg/u/floppytechie/collection/

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• no one wants to help? :(
  • It's been a really long time since I did this one but if I remember correctly, I borrowed an old Ben to get his evasion. I didn't have a resistance team at the time, believe I used rebels and just prayed that the RNG gods be nice.
  • I sent you a message if you wanna borrow my CLS
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    When i did was after launch with one Wedge borrowed, i used Ackbar, Biggs, Lando Stormtrooper Han and Leia, now become easier use one strong CLS from some friend with or Ackbar or Lando Lead and your best rebels
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    If you really Want beat with resistence team, you need one strong BB8 from an friend
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    Another option for you if you really Want beat with resistence team is to use a stronger Finn from a friend that have zeta Lead and use Poe as your leader, so you avoid on hero that need high speed and potency and you can use your best mods with potency and speed for Poe and Resistence soldier, remember to use your best critical chance and damage mods with Rey
  • Cezzy
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    your poe should be faster, switch some mods around like the speed arrow from your SA. also the potency on finn and poe is too low.
    My resistance is only g9 and they can beat it most of the time with all standing so its purely mods. And looking at your characters, resistance is your only choice
  • Oorun
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    i did with borrowed rex g9 resistance but couple of tries, if i remember correctly poe had around 210 speed
  • Just curious, are you talking about the normal or hard battle?

Either way, you gotta give Poe way more potency than he currently has. Speed isn't as important outside of arena and HAAT, but is still very useful.

I'd suggest using you cantina energy strictly on farming mods for a week or two. Get him to at least 50% potency and shouldn't have a problem in the battle.
  • I think I borrowed Barriss
  • Beviin_Skirata
    127 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Can say at the time i beat it, I ran a zFinn, Poe, Rey, and Wiggs. I ended up borrowing a zzJyn. That Helped me beat the snot outta the 3rd encounter. Finally had good RNG where Poe was dropping their TM like crazy and Wiggs, Jyn and Rey would tear apart the AOE hitters first. Think I did Embo then Boba last. All my guys at the time were fairly well modded, and g10. Put in a little extra love with Wiggs, and borrow a good CLS instead of Jyn. You'll be able to rip right through that team.

A lot of what helped me was exposed and Jyn and Finn stunning every AOE hitter till I could knock them down. So maybe different that what I did. Raise up Wedge a bit and go with this:
    zFinn(L), Poe(with good speed, mine was about 210-220), Res Trooper, your zR2 and Wedge(aside from heavy hits and decent speed form his unique, him dropping defense down will help CLS stun more often). And Borrow a good CLS. You'll have 3 people able to stun. Keep them AOE hitter in check! ;)
  • Thanks a lot everyone for pitching in your advice! So the main thing I have to do is borrow either a BB8, finn or CLS and bring up poe and finn's potency.

@Beviin_Skirata I have been upgrading my rebels lately, if the strategy others gave doesn't work, I will give yours a try. What gear level do you recommend for wiggs?

@wvuparker Hard, the easy ones i cleared without any difficulty.

Thanks a lot everyone for your advice! :)
  • If you have a Jedi team, borrowed zeta QGJ can help.
    Once you get past 9B, the last two are actually easier.
  • I'd say at least gear 10. Had mine there before all the gear updates where the highest lvl was gear 11. And yea the other hard nodes after 9B are super easy. Cleared 9C with a zody team borrowing GK and 9D with the same team I killed 9B with
  • alright, ill follow these advices. I already have a zeta qui gon as ally, ill work on my jedi too. Thanks a lot everyone :)
  • Light side 9-B was definitely he hardest one for me.

Using an ally's 22000 CLS is what got me the three star
  • Why was this battle so hard? I used my newly zeta'd Resistance squad and got 3* on the first try, must have gotten very lucky. I don't think the enemies, after the first encounter, even got a shot off. I'm telling you this because you already have a zResistance squad, it's just a matter of modding them right. And it's a worthwhile investment since that squad is a powerhouse in all parts of the game when modded correctly. It just seems like the quickest way to get to your goal.

As a reference, at the time my Poe was probably around 240 speed and 50% potency, Finn around 170 speed (not really necessary) and 70% potency, and Trooper with around 80% potency, with R2 (no z#Crunch) and Rey as my last two.