Why does it require 25 guild members to start the new TWs?

Slugthrower
16 posts Member
edited December 2017
I have a small guild that I can't seem to keep or gain enough members to even start a battle. I believe I have even lost a few members because this is now the second time we won't be able to battle. I want to participate but I won't disband my guild, that I've put time into for over a year now, just to join another in order to play. Unfortunately I feel there has even been a drop in activity due to this as well. I'm sure well established guilds do not have this problem, but I have tried to build my guild with mediocre success. I have some solid members but just not enough to start the new Territory Wars. If this is a problem that other guild leaders are having, please lmk if not, I'll shut up lol.
Post edited by Slugthrower on

Replies

• I have a small guild that I can't seem to keep or gain enough members to even start a battle. I believe I have even lost a few members because this is now the second time we won't be able to battle. I want to participate but I won't disband my guild, that I've put time into for over a year now, just to join another in order to play. Unfortunately I feel there has even been a drop in activity due to this as well. I'm sure well established guilds do not have this problem, but I have tried to build my guild with mediocre success. I have some solid members but just not enough to start the new Territory Battles. If this is a problem that other guild leaders are having, please lmk, if not, I'll shut up lol.

• Ooops. I'm new so Im just figuring out how to use this message board.
  • My Bad. Correction, Territory Wars.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The goal of guilds it to bring people together and create community, they want people to have healthy and thriving guilds.

I would also suspect that they would have matching issues if you could do TW with a low number of players.
  • I have a small guild that I can't seem to keep or gain enough members to even start a battle. I believe I have even lost a few members because this is now the second time we won't be able to battle. I want to participate but I won't disband my guild, that I've put time into for over a year now, just to join another in order to play. Unfortunately I feel there has even been a drop in activity due to this as well. I'm sure well established guilds do not have this problem, but I have tried to build my guild with mediocre success. I have some solid members but just not enough to start the new Territory Wars. If this is a problem that other guild leaders are having, please lmk if not, I'll shut up lol.

The point is why would ANYONE want to not be in a 50/50 600pd guild?

You might want to seek for merger with another guild.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Moving to Player and Guild Events: Territory Wars
  • I have the same question. I like my guild, and we have 44 members, having recently purged some inactive players. But we have trouble getting 25 within 24 hours. If the setup phase were a little longer, we’d be fine.
    My character collection is here: https://swgoh.gg/u/rickystarwalker/collection/
  • Yep, so we have the same problem, it is the second time when we gather only 24 members in 24 hours, many are very disappointed and would like to leave the guild
  • Guys, I read this post and we have had a similar situation. We have battled 2 out of 3 now after a bit of recruiting. We have a really good guild of mixed ability and i would say 15 regular contributors. We have 8 spaces left if you would like to join. Search YBWTeam or send me an ally request and I'll invite you 993-821-651
  • Guys, I read this post and we have had a similar situation. We have battled 2 out of 3 now after a bit of recruiting. We have a really good guild of mixed ability and i would say 15 regular contributors. We have 8 spaces left if you would like to join. Search YBWTeam or send me an ally request and I'll invite you 993-821-651

If someone sent me an ally request please resend. I deleted it by mistake
  • I have the same question. I like my guild, and we have 44 members, having recently purged some inactive players. But we have trouble getting 25 within 24 hours. If the setup phase were a little longer, we’d be fine.

+1
  • A few comments.
    1. TW requires 25, if you can’t compete then move to a new guild or recruit more active players. If you stay tied to a guild you started but it is not active then you won’t compete. Bottom line.

2. Active recruiting with a minimum requirement of gameplay is key to a successful guild. Casual players are great but they do not mix with a guild that is trying to achieve anything significant. Those that don’t continually contribute can find a new guild. Boot them.

3. Consider a merge. A few months ago, I joined a guild. Then 9 of us that were really active merged with another. Then a few of us moved again to a more competitive guild that wanted to do better than 31 stars in TB.

4. 24 hrs is plenty of time in your player base is on daily. This new TW was active to join as the previous one ended. If they collected the rewards then they could have joined.