¡Qui-Gon Jinn Level 8 Leader Ability is coming! ¿The end of droid teams?

Quim
665 posts Member
edited February 2016
In the level 8 of the Leader Ability of Qui-Gon Jinn all allies will gain 23 speed.

It means that if you have HK-47 as leader, with a Droid team with IG-86, IG-88, Poggle and Poe, without QGJ, the following characters will attack first than Poe:

TURN 6

Count Dooku
Darth Sidious
Princess Leia
Grand Master Yoda
Geonosian Soldier

Nute Gunray

TURN 7

Hoth Rebel Scout
Rey
Poe Dameron
Poggle the Lesser

Nightsister Acolyte
URoRRuR'R'R
First Order Officer
Jedi Knight Anakin
Qui-Gon Jinn
Old Daka
Dathcha

Ugnaught
Eeth Koth
CT-7567 Rex
Ewok Scout
Mob Enforcer
General Veers
Jawa
Captain Phasma

Resistance Trooper
Stormtrooper Han
Tusken Raider
Plo Koon

And the following characters will have the same turn attack than Poe:

TURN 8

Darth Vader
Ima-Gun Di
IG-88
Kit Fisto
Luminara Unduli

Stormtrooper-1
Teebo
Aayla Secura
First Order TIE Pilot
Greedo
Savage Opress
IG-86 Sentinel Droid
Kylo Ren
CT-5555 Fives
Resistance Pilot

Barriss Offee
Ewok Elder
Luke Skywalker
Admiral Ackbar
Jedi Consular
Nightsister Initiate
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)
First Order Stormtrooper
Lando Calrissian
Royal Guard
Mace Windu
Talia
Biggs Darklighter
Cad Bane
Finn
Coruscant Underworld Police
Grand Moff Tarkin
Lobot

In bold the characters that can apply special adverse effects to droids or deal a high-damage.

A team with Qui-Gon Jinn as leader and with fast characters as Poe Dameron, Poggle, Rey, Old Daka and Phasma, for example, will destroy easly a droid team without Qui-Gon Jinn.

In the next level Poe will have again 65% chance to expose, and, with the +23 speed, Rey can attack after Poggle and kill a droid, for example kill IG-88, Daka can stun someone, and if the opponent have IG-86 and IG-88, with the speed up of Poggle they will attack first, IG-86 opponent can kill the own IG-86 and IG-88 opponent can block the abilities of the rest of the own characters, and the battle ends before the turn of the first character of the droid team.

It means that a droid team cannot have HK-47 as leader, the new leader will be Qui-Gon Jinn in all teams, and the droid team will lose the +30% critical chance and the +30% turn meter on a critical hit, that is very important, because IG-88 can gain a 60% or 90% of the turn meter after her special ability, and IG-86 have 50% critical chance + 30% of the leader ability of HK-47, it is a total of 80% critical chance, very important to kill and enemy with 1 hit and the assist (10K+Assist), and important to gain +30% turn meter, and also will lose the nice HK-47's ability, the 25% chance (50% vs jedis) each to inflict ability block, speed down, offense down, and defense down for 1 turn.

Also if someone have a droid team without QGJ as leader, will be very useful use Jawa and Dathcha, that will attack before all droids, Jawa will have a chance of 75% to stun droids, and in the next turn Dathcha will have a 50% chance to stun droids and 25% to block abilities, so If someone don't have QGJ as leader will be easy stun IG-86, IG-88 and HK-47, easy kill or block Poe before her ability, and kill the droid team in less than one minute.

HK-47 is very important in a droid team, without he, with Qui-Gon Jinn as leader, the droid teams will lose a lot of potential.

With QGJ as leader in a droid team, the battle will be more difficult, but with this +23 speed, Jawa will join from the turn 8 to the turn 7 and will attack before IG-86, IG-88 and HK-47, it means that will be easy that 2 of 3 droids (66%) will be blocked, with a lot of luck sometimes only 33%, but sometimes 100%, and with Dathcha is 50% extra in the same turn or in the next.

In the next battle this person can change Jawa and Datcha by other characters.

If the opponent don't have Jawa and Dathcha don't matter, will be easy kill the droids without the leader abilities of HK-47 and without the speacial ability (Meatbag Mayhem) of HK47.

So it seems that the droid teams (HK-47, Poe, Poggle, IG-86 and IG-88), that now are in the top in the servers, will lose a lot of positions in the rank when the people get the level 8 of Qui-Gon Jin leader ability.

And it seems that to have Qui-Gon Jinn as leader will be the only possibility to be in the top, and that maybe will be much more interesting use characters of the turn 6 as Geonosian Soldier, Sidious and Dooku (also Yoda and Leia), who can kill a character of turn 7, before Poe ability, also before Han ability (Han will have turn 7), for example kill Luminara, or kill IG-88, IG-86 or FOTP.

So when it happen, in a droid teams maybe will be much more interesting change Poe Dameron by Geonosian Soldier, to kill Dathcha or Jawa first.

Also in this situation maybe the Arena battle will change from "Who's Poe goes first" to "Who's QGJ goes first", because QGJ can kill QGJ, if Geonosian Soldier kill one emeny and QGJ kill the QGJ opponent, then the opponent will have only 3 characters, maybe Poe, Luminara and GS, and in the worst of cases we have 4 characters, for example Poe, GS, Luminara and QGJ (killed IG-86 or Sidious), so I think the Arena will change to "Who's Qui-Gon Jinn goes first", so in this case will be necessary have Dooku and stun Qui-Gon Jinn, so then the Arena battles will change to " "Who's Dooku stun QGJ first" :D:D:D

Also will be possible kill first Qui-Gon Jinn with Geonosian Soldier, but is better have Dooku to ensure that QGJ will die in the first or second attack.

So soon all the good teams will have Qui-Gon Jinn (Leader), Dooku, Geonosian Soldier, Poogle and one more, maybe Poe, maybe Rey, maybe Daka, maybe Luminara, maybe FOTP, but it will be difficult in the future win battles without QGJ, without Dooku or without Geonosian Soldier, I think this 3 characters will be essential.

So I think is essential be prepared for the next era of QGJ, and to have 7 stars on the Geonosian Soldier and Dooku, and maybe stop to farm Poe Dameron and start to farm Qui-Gon Jinn if you want be in the TOP 20 in the Arena in the next era, if you have a droid team your glorious era will be finish very soon.

Replies

• they need to stop this speed stuff right now. /rolls eyes
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Maybe the next meta may prevail where kylo, Vader will prevail due to their long health. With sidious leader, crit damages increase by 30% not 20%.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    1. There are no more "turns".
    2. This is two level cap increases out, not one, which everyone seems to forget.
    3. It's not going to happen anyway.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Boba's lead at lvl 8 is 50% crit damage + 10% crit chance. Makes Sids look tiny.
    {RotE}
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    2. This is two level cap increases out, not one, which everyone seems to forget.

This. Furthermore OP check Jawa engineer datamining, you shall find a nasty surprise!
    Res non verba
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »

I don't understand that means "This is two level cap increases out, not one".

I don't know the requirements of the QGJ level 8 leader ability, because i'm farming QGJ a little days ago, but I suppose that It will need gear 9 and level 80, for example, or only gear 9, if he needs gear 10 to upgrade this ability would be different.

I saw it in http://www.swgohcantina.com/qui-gon-jinn/
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Droid Teams are already dead. Sorry
    After the First round with 5 chars attacking before them ig-88 & ig-86 are scrap.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    QGJM wrote: »
    After the First round with 5 chars attacking before them ig-88 & ig-86 are scrap.

But only if you have Leia, Yoda, Rey, you can't kill droids only with Dooku and Sidious, only with a third attack of Geonosian soldier can kill one droid, maybe IG-88, and then appears Poe in the droid team, IG-86 kill your Geonosian Soldier, and then HK-47 attack with her special ability, now is a battle 4 vs 4 with adverse effects in your characters.

It is an example of the droid team being rank 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr8ci5zbzZA

You need have very fast characters to go first that Poe, a team as Sidious, Dooku, Rey, Yoda and Geonosian Soldier, but characters as Rey, Yoda and Leia are hard to farm without pay money, so the majority of teams have Poggle, Phasma, Poe, Luminara, IG-86, Qui-Gon Jinn, Daka, CT-5555, Kylo Ren, Jedi Consular, Barriss Offee, Ventress, etc., so now with a droid team you can be easily TOP 10 in a server, in my server a droid team is always in TOP 10, and sometimes TOP 5, so I don't think that the droid teams are already dead, but I think they will die in the level 8 of QGJ leader ability =D
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Check it out, it's gonna happen soon™
    Jawa Engineer:

UNIT_JAWAENGINEER_DESC|High-speed Jawa Healer with a Critical Chance buff and both Jawas and Droid synergy

BASICABILITY_JAWAENGINEER_DESC|Apply a Detonator to target enemy that detonates after 1 turn, dealing damage. BASICABILITY_JAWAENGINEER_NAME|Miniaturized Detonator No increase at any rank in the descriptions. It probably only increases damage.

SPECIALABILITY_JAWAENGINEER01_DESC|Jawa Engineer revives a random Droid ally at 1% Health, and then all allies recover 15% of their Max Health. SPECIALABILITY_JAWAENGINEER01_NAME|Patch Up SPECIALABILITY_JAWAENGINEER01_TIER07_DESC|Jawa Engineer revives a random Droid ally at 1% Health, and then all allies recover 30% of their Max Health.

SPECIALABILITY_JAWAENGINEER02_DESC|All allies gain Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. Jawa and Droid allies also gain 30% Turn Meter. SPECIALABILITY_JAWAENGINEER02_NAME|Recalibrate SPECIALABILITY_JAWAENGINEER02_TIER07_DESC|All allies gain Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. Jawa and Droid allies also gain 45% Turn Meter.

UNIQUEABILITY_JAWAENGINEER01_DESC|Jawa Engineer has +3 Speed for each Jawa or Droid ally. UNIQUEABILITY_JAWAENGINEER01_NAME|Crunch Time UNIQUEABILITY_JAWAENGINEER01_TIER07_DESC|Jawa Engineer has +12 Speed for each Jawa or Droid ally.

For more STILL NOT CONFIRMED additional information this is the full datamine thread:

https://m.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4560is/game_data_mine_110216_a_must_read/

@Quim QGJ current leader max skill is 6, 7th Lvl will unlock at lvl 72. So it is pretty much safe to say that Lvl 8 will be available beyond lvl 80. At current meta plot twist ratio it is almost worthless to speculate about qgj non jedi speed leadership any further.
    Res non verba
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Bora wrote: »
    @Quim QGJ current leader max skill is 6, 7th Lvl will unlock at lvl 72. So it is pretty much safe to say that Lvl 8 will be available beyond lvl 80. At current meta plot twist ratio it is almost worthless to speculate about qgj non jedi speed leadership any further.

Oops it's true :D:D:D

So in this case, the droid teams will survive a little more time :neutral:

It's better this way, because I need time to farm Qui-Gon Jinn without pay money :smiley:

But after arrived the level 8 of QGJ leader ability, the battles will change from "Who's Poe goes first" to "Who's Dooku stun QGJ first" :D

It's soon to speculate, but if you want prepare the new strategy you need begin as soon as possible, and farm QGJ, Dooku and GS to 7 stars :smiley:
  • Not to mention Grevious is coming out soon and we have no idea of his leadership abilities, but I would anticipate they are going to be good.
  • Stupid post.. Too far in the future to speculate, by the time he gets that skill he will probably be obsolete
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member

Hard to find 5/chars that go before Geonosian Soldier
  • But doesn't QGJ's leader ability only effect jedi's?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Dan_z wrote: »
    But doesn't QGJ's leader ability only effect jedi's?

Once he gets to skill level 8 (when the game is cap level 90, probably) he gives it to everybody
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

Plus there's a Daisy chain/steamrolling droid team out there:

47 lead
    Poggle
    Geosoldier

First to go is Geo at 149 speed, if assistant is a droid, thank to 47 lead it will probably be a crit plus TM gain.. Making it to take immediate action:
    1) If assistant is 47 he will instant AOE, therefore probably critting 3x enemies and gaining enough TM to go again. (AOE possibly will debuff someone, somehow and with assist being basic atk he could've gain offense up too)

2) If assistant is 88 he could do like 47, insta AOE and atk again (possibly inflicting heal immunity/ability block)

3) If assistant is 86 he can call another assist, and cause point 1) or 2) if you're lucky, or call poggle (meh.. Hope for an ability block if u didn't kill your tgt) or geo (who could've offense up and gained some TM if critted on his first atk)

4) if assistant is poggle your offer to RNG Gods hasn't been enough. You don't really need 10 fingers, do you? So just buff everyone and prey..

To sum up with just one less finger you could trigger up to 6 attacks at 149 speed.. Not that bad..
    Res non verba
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016

47 lead
    Poggle
    Geosoldier

First to go is Geo at 149 speed, if assistant is a droid, thank to 47 lead it will probably be a crit plus TM gain.. Making it to take immediate action:
    1) If assistant is 47 he will instant AOE, therefore probably critting 3x enemies and gaining enough TM to go again. (AOE possibly will debuff someone, somehow and with assist being basic atk he could've gain offense up too)

2) If assistant is 88 he could do like 47, insta AOE and atk again (possibly inflicting heal immunity/ability block)

3) If assistant is 86 he can call another assist, and cause point 1) or 2) if you're lucky, or call poggle (meh.. Hope for an ability block if u didn't kill your tgt) or geo (who could've offense up and gained some TM if critted on his first atk)

4) if assistant is poggle your offer to RNG Gods hasn't been enough. You don't really need 10 fingers, do you? So just buff everyone and prey..

To sum up with just one less finger you could trigger up to 6 attacks at 149 speed.. Not that bad..

I know, it is my team and I brought that idea to the forums sometime ago :)

QGJ instead of Poggle gives you another piece to keep rolling too. Poggle gives the buff on demand, tho, and Speed up the droids

EDIT: the best possible combo starts with enemy Sid acting, and Poggle dodge thanks to his unique. Then be gain TM, act, buff everybody, and the Geonosian Soldier starts the carnage. Did it today to win the #1 spot :)
  • It's 2 level caps away... That's like 6 months away at least. It might be changed before then, and the meta will have many opportunities to shift before then
  • Only my sidious attacks first, then the stupid copy cat squad that everyone is obsessed with goes (and yes qui Gon is a variant of this poser squad) usually my maul dies (they had better hope at least) then I go ALWAYS killing Poe then the droids then the rest follow...stop using poser squads, I can't think of one fan of Star Wars that says ig88 is my favorite character of all time, or poggie is my favorite character ever, use characters you like, my squad is Savage (leader) sidious, maul, kylo ren, and vader(not even one of my most powerful characters but my all time favorite Star Wars character) and btw, I rank #1 every couple days
  • Bora wrote: »

47 lead
    Poggle
    Geosoldier

Sounds great on offense but on defense your Ig88 is usually defeated by a combo of Sid, Dooku and QGJ by the time Geo starts.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    xJazzx wrote: »

47 lead
    Poggle
    Geosoldier

Sounds great on offense but on defense your Ig88 is usually defeated by a combo of Sid, Dooku and QGJ by the time Geo starts.

Rightly said, but bad defense is a way too common issue for the majority of team comps imho
    Plus non leading QGJ is 137 if I can remember correctly, so it won't go before Geo..
    Res non verba
  • People need to calm down about this. Level 82 is not going to be until a long time.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    xJazzx wrote: »

47 lead
    Poggle
    Geosoldier

Yes. But most teams lose on defense anyways, and losing 88 is not the end of the war. He is not even the second char in importance damagewise. Geo and 86 are more important. If you just killed 88 you can have serious problems, Geo and 86 can oneshot any of those 3 you mentioned. You will need to kill 1 more at least
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    l3end3r wrote: »
    It's 2 level caps away... That's like 6 months away at least. It might be changed before then, and the meta will have many opportunities to shift before then

Wow it is a lot of time, 6 months. I'm playing this game since middle of december, I have started 2 weeks later (although I'm TOP 15 in my server), and it's the first time that I play this game, but it seems that this game existed before and that it is a new saga and some people know things that will happen, as people who knew that Yoda would be able only for jedi teams, for example.

So, at the previous saga, how long did they delay to raise the level from 70 to 80 and from 80 to 90? I think the best would be only 6 weeks or 2 months in the worst of cases, 3 months is too much, with 2 months anyone can raise her level from 1 to 70, so 2 months is enought time for the new players, but I don't know if the staff thinks the same :D:D
  • Lord_Jord wrote: »
    Only my sidious attacks first, then the stupid copy cat squad that everyone is obsessed with goes (and yes qui Gon is a variant of this poser squad) usually my maul dies (they had better hope at least) then I go ALWAYS killing Poe then the droids then the rest follow...stop using poser squads, I can't think of one fan of Star Wars that says ig88 is my favorite character of all time, or poggie is my favorite character ever, use characters you like, my squad is Savage (leader) sidious, maul, kylo ren, and vader(not even one of my most powerful characters but my all time favorite Star Wars character) and btw, I rank #1 every couple days

I try to use characters I like, the exception being Daka. I use Rey, Liam, Aayla, Lumi, Daka....I'd rather use Maul than Daka but the win rate just isn't acceptable with that switch.
  • Triqui wrote: »

QGJ instead of Poggle gives you another piece to keep rolling too. Poggle gives the buff on demand, tho, and Speed up the droids
    I wanted try this out, but who is better for that 5th spot between qgj and poggle do you think?