please stop RNG for toons to appear in shops

Hydracarbon
665 posts Member
edited December 2017
it is very dissatisfying to wait an entire week, and check your phone 4 times a day to see if i can get stark, logray, grevious shards and be nothing but disappointed. there is no reason to gate these players if we have the means to acquire them. it serves no purpose in the game but to add frustration where it is unnecessary. please fix this
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• The purpose is to frustrate you enough that you visit the main store and simply buy the characters you want.
  • Or to buy 50 crystal refresh for the store
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    The purpose is to frustrate you enough that you visit the main store and simply buy the characters you want.

That only works for new ones
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    At least you won't run out of currency.
  • The problem is, it really isn't "RNG". Random Number Generator would mean that ANY number has an equal chance of showing up. This is "SNG" because they select certain "numbers" to show up way more than others. Same with many things in the game, especially packs with "5-330" shards in them which 98% of the time is 5-7 shards. Each number is selected to purposely show up more than others.

At least Sabine has the one shard on dark side to farm from, I've gotten her up a couple stars just from farming that one slowly. But I use chopper for my phoenix team so I didn't care so much. But I do miss Baze, a lot.
  • it's updates like this that make me glad to have gotten some of the longer to appear toons up to 7* already. Like Sabine.
  • Ya im trying to farm First Order. Im actually further with the storm trooper than i am with FOTP cause his shards are never in fleet shipments.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    IMO every shop should have static toons and rotating toons.

Not knowing what's there makes it more fun for me.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Um...refreshes cost crystals. Crystals cost $$$. You want less RNG? Pay money.

:'(
  • The purpose is so people will use crystals to refresh the shop and EA makes money. Period. That's why the option to refresh is there. If there was no refresh option then yeah it would serve no purpose.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    The problem is, it really isn't "RNG". Random Number Generator would mean that ANY number has an equal chance of showing up. This is "SNG" because they select certain "numbers" to show up way more than others. Same with many things in the game, especially packs with "5-330" shards in them which 98% of the time is 5-7 shards. Each number is selected to purposely show up more than others.

Well, it's RNG driving the results, but the results are weighted with percentage chances.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    The problem is, it really isn't "RNG". Random Number Generator would mean that ANY number has an equal chance of showing up. This is "SNG" because they select certain "numbers" to show up way more than others. Same with many things in the game, especially packs with "5-330" shards in them which 98% of the time is 5-7 shards. Each number is selected to purposely show up more than others.

At least Sabine has the one shard on dark side to farm from, I've gotten her up a couple stars just from farming that one slowly. But I use chopper for my phoenix team so I didn't care so much. But I do miss Baze, a lot.

Random selection and weighted options are 2 different things.

You can randomly select from a bag of marbles, but the number of each color of marble will drive the overall odds. It doesn't mean it's not random.
  • I am annoyed about the new changes to guild store, although ship schematics and more gear is great, and the price of shards i can live with, it´s fine. But adding so many characters to the store is not good in my opinion, because the characters they added, already have plenty of farmable locations (even other stores), that means characters that are found only in guild store will appear even more rarely than before.

Before the update i got jyn erso to 6 stars in about 2 - 3 months, since the update i have seen jyn erso, dengar and sun fac a total of 4 times each, those are characters that you could see about every other day. The same goes for darth maul, him i could see almost every day before the update, often twice per day or even 3 times per day, now like the others i have seen him in guild store 4 times total, while i see ALL other farmable characters every day.

As i see it, it hurts a player´s ability to obtain some needed characters in a decent amount of time. What would have taken maybe about 2 months time to collect, will now take double that time, or even 3 times as long. Thus making players frustrated and giving them pause to reflect, "is this game worth it anymore"?

I am p2p, not ashamed of it, but the guild store update to me is extremely annoying and shady, please remove all those newly added farmable characters from guild store.
  • I actually start doubting that it's pure RNG + Weigthing. I think the shop rotations also take into account how close to 7* the Characters are.

I farmed fulcrum on the fleet shipments and got to 95 shards out of 100.. At the beginning I got Fulcrum shards like once a day or at least every second day. Since I hit 95 shards (and it slowed down even before that), Fulcrum never showed up in the fleet store again (only for crystals all the time). So that made me wonder. After 7 days straight with no fulcrum, I started doing 1-2 Refreshes additionally to the normal refreshes. I'm now at around 22 refreshes (none left out) without any fulcrum shards in fleet shipments at all.

Just extremly bad luck or a programmer that doesn't know the definition of Random?

It's not even like I'm the only one who experienced that after the last patch.. So that's why it's even weirder.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145821/ashoka-tano-fulcrum-missing-from-fleet-arena-store-after-the-update-11-22-17#latest
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I am annoyed about the new changes to guild store, although ship schematics and more gear is great, and the price of shards i can live with, it´s fine. But adding so many characters to the store is not good in my opinion, because the characters they added, already have plenty of farmable locations (even other stores), that means characters that are found only in guild store will appear even more rarely than before.

Before the update i got jyn erso to 6 stars in about 2 - 3 months, since the update i have seen jyn erso, dengar and sun fac a total of 4 times each, those are characters that you could see about every other day. The same goes for darth maul, him i could see almost every day before the update, often twice per day or even 3 times per day, now like the others i have seen him in guild store 4 times total, while i see ALL other farmable characters every day.

As i see it, it hurts a player´s ability to obtain some needed characters in a decent amount of time. What would have taken maybe about 2 months time to collect, will now take double that time, or even 3 times as long. Thus making players frustrated and giving them pause to reflect, "is this game worth it anymore"?

I am p2p, not ashamed of it, but the guild store update to me is extremely annoying and shady, please remove all those newly added farmable characters from guild store.

There's no reason to remove them. These characters are cantina farms and there are so many characters needed from cantina that it would take years to get through them all with only 1-2 refreshes a day. I am very happy to have a place to farm Sith Assassin and B2 that doesn't take cantina energy.

The complaint (if any) should be that they ought to have added more spots for these characters to appear so as to keep constant the number of characters sharing any particular spot.
  • @Liath I can see your point and i partly agree, but i am talking about the fact that characters that can only be found in guild store, almost do not appear in guild store anymore, due to the newly added farmable characters. I am willing to take your point into consideration (it is a good one), but i would be glad if they at least would make it so that i could see aforementioned characters more often. Because right now, it feels like i am farming the new nightsisters, only able to do so once per month.