Please increase preview/sign-ups phase to 48h.

Prev1
We missed out because a significant number of guildies we're offline for 1 day for RL commitments.

The 6 days was way too long I'm... But 24h is too short.
Please make it 48h

Replies

• No
  • This. We only had 33 join this one because of same reason.
  • Im about to post about this. Lets consolidate our feedback. I log-in regularly and failed to join the TW.

There should be better prompt and longer preview phase. I mean, playing is not the only we do in life right?
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    A lot of my guild members (including myself) weren’t aware of the second TW starting immediately after. Not a lot of us are active, but we got just enough signed in for the first one (we won!). Our own fault, negligence, I believe it was posted somewhere about another one immediately following the first.

48 hours would be very convenient though, giving four days for the event total: 2 days preview, 1 say defensive Setup, 1 day attacking. That leaves the schedule for 6 days of TB with a break in between for a two week schedule. Just my opinion.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • I strongly disagree with this. 24 hours is plenty of time to press 'Enter' and join the next TW.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • -1 x 1000
    This is ridiculous. 24h is More then enough time to Press enter. maybe you need to look at your own guild and find people that CAN press enter. or Move to one that DOES press enter. this is the most absurd suggestion i have seen. Maybe its saying something about your guild.
  • Couldn’t disagree more. If your guild doesn’t have folks logging in at least once every 24hrs they are very committed and therefore not that useful really...
  • 24 hours is just fine.
  • 24 hours is more than enough if you have that many members who dont login for 24 hours then join a guild that does. we have a couple of spaces just now if you want a more active guild and its not an alliance.
    in saying that though it is better to have 35 members lock in and set teams for defense and attack than it is to have 50 members lock in and only 35 defend or attack.
    think about it that way
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I strongly disagree with this. 24 hours is plenty of time to press 'Enter' and join the next TW.

This.

If your guild can't do this simple task, find a new guild.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jup 48 sign up and 24 deploy + 24 fight sound better than 24 + 24 + 24.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    I just think it would help some people be a bit more casual about it and there’s already a day of down-time between scheduled events. I see a lot of threads about complaining that everything is so time-crunched, about a general time-sink of the game needing everything to be done quickly. One small step in the direction of making it more convenient and relaxed as a whole.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • TVF wrote: »
    I strongly disagree with this. 24 hours is plenty of time to press 'Enter' and join the next TW.

This.

If your guild can't do this simple task, find a new guild.

Well in my case we are a young guild, 42 members, 28 of which were 65+ at the time. We had 4 people away for RL commitments, it happens... But it was enough to keep us from signing up. Not everyone has been playing since day 1 is 1.5m GP in a 50/50 guild etc. Etc.

A LOT of people on the forums are complaining about the time crunch now... This request isn't unreasonable.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Playing from day 1 or being in a super guild has nothing to do with it. I'm in a 40m GP guild, have been playing for like four months.

Asking people to login one time and press one button in 24 hours is not unreasonable.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Honestly, if you can't get people to sign up within 24h with a calendar of events that tells everyone when these events are, then you probably don't want them participating in the TW. They'll just inflate your GP and not contribute. If its just a one time thing, there are plenty more TWs to participate in.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Yando_Scrozelli
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The 24 hour slot is a problem when you have 40 people in your guild, but only 26-27 of them are above level 65. I'm personally 1.6mil GP, along with 8-10 of us, but we work to help those below us and don't want to just ditch the guild for personal gain. That being said, it's a tall order to basically every single one of our 26-27 members to remember to hit the login button in a one day span. We love working together and we have good synergy, killing our first TW by more than 6k, but we missed this second one with such short notice.

Maybe I and the few others should just forget having ties to a particular guild in this game and just move to whichever one offers me the most. I refuse to do that as of now, but I really hope CG doesn't continue on this "Don't dare build a guild from ground up" pressure trend. It's already hurt me enough to not have GK yet.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Why would a level 60 player not know how to hit a button? Or login to collect energy several times a day, for that matter. It's how this game works.
  • They're not able to participate in TW until they're level 65.
  • If your guildies arent even checking in on a daily basis, they probably arent dependable enough to count on. If they lock in and dont show up you're a lot worse off
    Why would a level 60 player not know how to hit a button? Or login to collect energy several times a day, for that matter. It's how this game works.

I find your lack of information... Disturbing.

Especially given that you are professing to tell other people how they should be playing.

Minimum level for both TW and TB is 65.

And there are plenty of reasons why someone may not check for a whole day(and yes, forsake the energy) up to and including having a good upbringing and knowing that you don't sit on your phone while at a family gathering, event, etc.

I've personally skipped it a number of times for things like taking my kids hiking/camping. What kind of example do you want to set, really?
  • Blizzisme wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

And there are plenty of reasons why someone may not check for a whole day(and yes, forsake the energy) up to and including having a good upbringing and knowing that you don't sit on your phone while at a family gathering, event, etc.

I've personally skipped it a number of times for things like taking my kids hiking/camping. What kind of example do you want to set, really?

U went from straight Vulcan to pure emotion.
  • +1 for OP. My guild missed out on this war cause we only got 24 signed up and the last we had 28. If if went to 48hrs that would be great. And they could totally do that by lowering the phase times in territory battles to 18 hrs instead of 24hr.
  • We missed 7 guys this time. The only valid reason is one guy doesn't even have the event showing up on his app. It's really not that hard to jump on for 15 seconds to make sure you aren't missing an event. Especially if you don't have notifications on
  • STRYKER667 wrote: »
    +1 for OP. My guild missed out on this war cause we only got 24 signed up and the last we had 28. If if went to 48hrs that would be great. And they could totally do that by lowering the phase times in territory battles to 18 hrs instead of 24hr.

That sounds like a guild problem, not a time problem
  • So we should give people 48 hours to push a button but only 24 hours for them to fight 5-6 coordinates Battles? Am I understanding this right?

I disagree with extending it. If I had my way they would just get rid of the joining phase altogether and have everyone participate.
  • Disagree. 24 hours is plenty, don’t draw it out any longer. A few of my guild mates missed it too but I pointed out it was their own fault, and they did check in and did their daily stuff, they just failed to check events. 24 hours is good, it flows, we can get into it. Tb is the one that needs to be shortened too, six days is just too long. Cut it down in half.
  • Plus take into consideration that this is a new event and players will get used to the scheduling and timing, this is a knee **** reaction after 2 times.
  • It would help if the game gave a clear indication that a NEW event was starting.
    The first TW was confusing because the documentation said the registration phase was 1 day, but then registration ran for a week.
    After the "guild event" tab had been on the screen for a week, people got used to it being there.

There was no indication that the guild event tab was then on because of a NEW event.
    The guild chat should have a message saying "Territory war - registration phase" (or similar), to alert people that there is a change.

Those who say there was a calendar indication of the two events back to back, where was that in the game? If it is essential/important information it should be in game, not buried on some forum.
  • stohelit wrote: »
    It would help if the game gave a clear indication that a NEW event was starting.
    The first TW was confusing because the documentation said the registration phase was 1 day, but then registration ran for a week.
    After the "guild event" tab had been on the screen for a week, people got used to it being there.

There was no indication that the guild event tab was then on because of a NEW event.
    The guild chat should have a message saying "Territory war - registration phase" (or similar), to alert people that there is a change.

Those who say there was a calendar indication of the two events back to back, where was that in the game? If it is essential/important information it should be in game, not buried on some forum.

Also you know you could put a message on the banner in chat, so folks see it when they look at chat, and then they will know to sign up . . .